REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 04-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #1
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
San Jose... any recommendations

I'm staying at Hotel Valencia / Santana Row area. Any good recommendation that's a must have / eat / shop?
Advertisement
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:09 PM   #2
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,053 Times in 595 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
I'm staying at Hotel Valencia / Santana Row area. Any good recommendation that's a must have / eat / shop?
It's not a place to eat or shop, but if it interests you checking out the tech campuses in the area is pretty cool. Parts of Googleplex are publicly accessible including the statues.
m3thods is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2018, 01:53 PM   #3

^I'm actually going to be at the tech companies... we'll see how awesome it is. Guess I'll need to drive to San Fran for a good meal.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:26 PM   #4
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

San Jose does have a huge Vietnamese community with very very good Vietnamese cuisine if you’re into that. Not just your typical Pho noodles. All sorts of street food types, drinking food, hot pot, etc that Vancouver just doesn’t offer. On this side of the pond, it’s probably the best you can get outside of Orange County and maybe Houston.
aznkev03 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-17-2018, 04:59 PM   #5

^ really appreciate it.
I do however take it with a grain of salt whenever I hear about Viet food. Huge fan, however, when you see Guy F. on Triple D and he's raving how awesome Viet food is at the places he's at, i'm like.. errrrrrrr are you serious?

I have had some places with epic Viet food eg// Linh Café in Van. West 4th. I thought it was memorable versus any other.

Regardless I'm going to google some good places in San jose
Old 04-17-2018, 05:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6793026 View Post
I have had some places with epic Viet food eg// Linh Café in Van. West 4th. I thought it was memorable versus any other.
Although they do have stuff like that there, this is more hole-in-the-wall type stuff.

For example, check out some of the food this place serves. Snails, scallops, conch, bunch of other seafood, fertilized duck eggs, etc, stuff not available here in Vancouver. Make sure you get the coconut snails if you go. There’s things like “Beef made 7 ways” too although you can find that here if you look hard enough. Also tons of Vietnamese dessert (Che) places. Huge parts of that cuisine there that people here never see unless they’ve been to Vietnam. Not everyone’s into this stuff though but I love it

[Edit]This place has decent Bun Bo Hue (Hue style spicy noodle soup) with bull “pizzle” lol

Last edited by aznkev03; 04-18-2018 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:49 PM   #7

^ your links doesn't work and now i'm intriguedddddd!!!
Old 04-18-2018, 01:05 AM   #8

Sorry fixed lol
This post thanked by: