REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 04-27-2018, 06:50 PM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Another I’m getting hosed by ICBC thread...

Does anyone know exactly how the claims assessment review works?

I have submitted my evidence for mine (including dash cam evidence that the adjuster didn’t even care to look at in the first instance) and I have heard nothing back.

They are supposed to get back to you 21 days after submission. I’ve got nothing and it’s been double that.

I wrote in to the Langley office to get an update and got a cryptic message about the package not being forwarded from their end and assurances that it would be but no one is getting back to me now.

Langley is the office that hosed me in the first place. If this is truly an “independent” process shouldn’t another office be dealing with it?

Also the address to send the claims assessment review in is in Vancouver not Langley...

So why would Langley have it?

I’m concerned because I have evidence that the Langley office has purposefully tried to influence this investigation (one of the ajusters who has something personally against me in the outside world but has nothing to do with the file is all over the FOI that I received after requesting it when this went sideways)... so I’m concerned that they are now in cover up mode.

Does anyone have a phone number for someone who deals with CAR’s?

Is it normal that this supposedly “independent” assessment goes through the same office that was biased to start with??
Advertisement
jimi g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:19 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,104 Times in 974 Posts
Speak with a lawyer.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:50 PM   #3
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
I can't comment on your specific incident, but here is what happened to me last year.

My car got clipped by an 18 wheeler, and I had dashcam footage of the incident. IMO, the trucker was 100% at fault. Immediately after the incident, I exchanged contact and insurance info with the driver, and went ahead to report to ICBC -- including giving them photos of the damage and my dashcam video. The collision repairs portion was fine -- I got my assessment and repairs authorized, and could proceed to get the car fixed. However, the trucker did not report the incident, and I was told I had to wait until the typical period (21 days? 1 month?) passed before ICBC would do anything on the fault assessment part of the collision. Since no fault assignment can be determined, it also meant I had to pay for my collision deductible until ICBC finishes with the fault assessment.

So 1 month passed, and I called ICBC again. They said the trucker still hasn't called, but they will finally get off their a$$es and reach out to him. I called again a couple of days later, and the ICBC person told me they got ahold of the trucker, and the trucker said he will file an incident report soon, so ICBC just let him off the hook again. I called again 1 week later, and ICBC told me the trucker still hasn't filed an incident report, but they will now do so on his behalf so that the fault assessment part of the collision can proceed. Then I think the very next day, the fault assessment came out, and I was not at all at fault.

I reported my incident online, and throughout the ordeal, I was tracking the status of my claim online as well. From the claim status page (or somewhere among those few web pages), there was a phone number and a contact person that was supposed to look after my case. Now, I don't think I have actually ever managed to talk to that person, but every time I called, somebody was able to look up my incident and kept me up-to-date on the progress.

Sure hope things will work out for you!
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2018, 10:16 AM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

^that's the thing that pisses me off with the whole claim BS. Is if you aren't at fault and have all the info, proof, do all the right steps at calling in and trying to claim everything. Everything is on hold till the other person who IS AT FAULT calls it and makes the claim as well. To me this system does not make sense and is frustrating as fuck!
Nabatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 12:20 PM   #5
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
^that's the thing that pisses me off with the whole claim BS. Is if you aren't at fault and have all the info, proof, do all the right steps at calling in and trying to claim everything. Everything is on hold till the other person who IS AT FAULT calls it and makes the claim as well. To me this system does not make sense and is frustrating as fuck!
Exactly it depends completely on THEM owing up and actually calling and if they don't your fucked for as long as ICBC wants you to be.

Berz out.
Old 04-28-2018, 12:20 PM   #6
I don't get it

ICBC is a bunch of idiots... lets be honest.

I had an incident where someone hit my door, and the other party was being aggressive and trying to fight me because they didnt want to give me their info, so I called the police.
As soon as i called, they ran from the scene.

And even though i had full descriptions and pictures of everything It took ICBC 9 months to respond to give me an update to my claim, and said that the other party was denying hitting my car and that i'd have to claim it as a hit and run and pay deductible.

Moral of the story is, you can apparently run from the police and deny hitting a vehicle and get off without having to pay anything. Now im stuck paying deductible and this is one of the reasons our rates keep increasing.
Tillerz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-28-2018, 06:45 PM   #7
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegra7 View Post
Speak with a lawyer.
It’s on the list. I will update this thread with the basic story and outcome when it’s all concluded. From some of the posts here- don’t hold your breath!
jimi g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:23 AM   #8
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Any update on this? Anyone gone through a claims assessment review and what was the outcome/process?
RuffleCopterz is offline   Reply With Quote