REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 04-28-2018, 08:02 PM   #1
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Youtube issue

So on my new laptop when playing video on youtube after a few mins the fan starts going off till I close the tab and even then the fan will spin for a good few mins before it stop. It have no issue playing videos on netflix or videos I downloaded.

I am currently using firefox and is a new laptop on Win10.
Is it a youtube thing or something weird with the computer.
The specs are as follows:
Dell Latitude 3490 BTX
8GB, 1x8GB, 2400MHz DDR4 Memory
555-BDXS Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Dual Band (2x2) Wireless Adapter+ Bluetooth 4.1 Driver
M.2 256GB SATA Class 20 Solid State Drive
Win 10 Pro 64 English, French, Spanish
Qualcomm QCA61x4A 802.11ac Dual Band (2x2) Wireless Adapter+ Bluetooth 4.1
4 Cell 56Whr ExpressChargeTM Capable Battery
Intel Core i5-8250U Processor (Quad Core, 6M Cache, 1.6GHz,15W)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U Processor (Quad Core, 6M Cache, 1.6GHz,15W), Integrated Intel UHD 620 Graphics
14" FHD WVA (1920x1080) Non-Touch Anti-Glare, Camera & Microphone, WLAN Capable
Advertisement
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:56 PM   #2
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Are you trying to watch a 60 FPS video?

I notice on my laptop(w/ Core i7-6600U), it would drop a lot of frames(which you can view with the "Stats for nerds" with a right click on the video) and take up all the CPU if I try to a 60 FPS YouTube video in full screen. If I don't have it on full screen, then it doesn't drop that many frames.

I think it's just the nature of the Intel U CPUs. They are built with battery life in mind, not absolute performance.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Are you trying to watch a 60 FPS video?

I notice on my laptop(w/ Core i7-6600U), it would drop a lot of frames(which you can view with the "Stats for nerds" with a right click on the video) and take up all the CPU if I try to a 60 FPS YouTube video in full screen. If I don't have it on full screen, then it doesn't drop that many frames.

I think it's just the nature of the Intel U CPUs. They are built with battery life in mind, not absolute performance.
I don't have any drop frames but the fan starts going only if I use full screen on a 1080 or higher video. I guess I have to get use to it.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:58 PM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
anyway for you to compare tempuratures when watching regular vids that you download or netflix vs watching it on youtube?
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote