REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 05-17-2018, 03:17 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Basic everyday shirt/tees/polo... etc

So the summer is coming and given that we are going over 27c already by may, this looks like a hot summer where I'd sweat like a pig day in and day out.

I will do the usual... shower in the morning before I go out and again after I come back (which I usually get my gym done before coming home 3times a week). So, crap tons of cloth would be needed.

What's the best everyday (ready cheap) shirts/tees/polos that you guys recommend? Ideally to be affordable, looks simple/basic to go with jeans/pants and low maintenance (nothing dry-clean, iron... etc)

Ideally I'd buy at least 5+ each (total about 14-21... so I have a week covered) and rotate them throughout the summer.

Also... anyone got any hookup while we are at it?
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2018, 03:32 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

I really like Uniqlo's airdry stuff.

I first bought them in japan and only needed two t shirts. They dry incredibly fast. Maybe do that?

Wash em while you shower, quick wash, and hang and it'd be dry asap.
subordinate is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
T-shirts of different brands fit everyone differently... For me I like H&M's basic shirts. They are $50 HKD (like $6 USD) so basically disposable. Fit pretty decent for me, and are light for the summer

Colour selection is pretty bad though. Lots of pastels and ugly hipster shades, I just stick to black white and grey.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-17-2018, 08:03 PM   #4

Ok... I think we've got tees covered. Gonna buy a HM and Uniqulo one to try them out and see which one I like better.

How about shirt and polos? Anyone? For polos, I'm looking for more structured material (Lacoste) instead of soft (think Under Armor/Nike)... does anyone know any brand makes something like that but it doesn't cost an arm and leg and light enough for summer?

Ralph Lauren has some good ones, but they are too heavy for summer. Not to mention they are crazy expensive.

Don't need any fancy brand... just simple and basic to look clean in the summer.
Old 05-17-2018, 09:08 PM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
For polos, I just buy online from Banana Republic when they have a 50% off sale on clearance shirts.

I wait until CDN Tire has a 20-30% sale on gift cards for GAP/BR/ON and then buy a ton of the GC since my wife buys a lot of GAP clothes for my son, so I use the discounted GC's ontop of the BR sales.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:23 PM   #6

Thanked 1,400 Times in 551 Posts
For Tees, I swear by Banana Republic Outlet T-shirts. Not the main store, those are too thick and premium. The thinness of the outlet ones make them so damn comfortable. When travelling to places like Asia in the year, they're pretty much the only thing I wear day in day out.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2018, 08:15 AM   #7
Need my Daily Fix of RS

I honestly wear a lot of Lulu stuff. Their shirts are so comfortable. I usually wait until they go on sale as the brand is a bit expensive
rsx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:43 PM   #8
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx10 View Post
I honestly wear a lot of Lulu stuff. Their shirts are so comfortable. I usually wait until they go on sale as the brand is a bit expensive
Agree! Got a t shift from them. Wear for like 5 to 6 times to badminton and it didn't even smell vs UA stuff after 3rd you have to wash it. Also Lulu style isn't so bad and they fit pretty good.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #9
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,762 Times in 904 Posts
T's like more things really don't come down to the brand, it comes down to how it fits. Because of my particular height and body size some brands just don't work on me at all. So far Zara fits me the best in terms of the right tightness and length. More often than not my issue is the length. It'll either fit good tight wise but be too short, or be on enough but too loose.

What I'm really having major problems with are dress shirts, at least tshirts can be way more forgiving if it's slightly too small or too big but a dress shirt that isn't close to perfect just looks ridiculous.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #10
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
didn't someone recommend these on here before but they were expensive at 78
https://shop.lululemon.com/p/men-ss-...06?color=31069
Old 05-21-2018, 10:49 AM   #11
F3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Ok... I think we've got tees covered. Gonna buy a HM and Uniqulo one to try them out and see which one I like better.

How about shirt and polos? Anyone? For polos, I'm looking for more structured material (Lacoste) instead of soft (think Under Armor/Nike)... does anyone know any brand makes something like that but it doesn't cost an arm and leg and light enough for summer?

Ralph Lauren has some good ones, but they are too heavy for summer. Not to mention they are crazy expensive.

Don't need any fancy brand... just simple and basic to look clean in the summer.
https://shop.ryu.ca/collections/mens...ech-polo#black
F3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:47 AM   #12
Meow

Anyone have luck with tank tops? Lulus are pretty over priced, and I’m not a huge fan of Nike drifit material. Looking for something plain and cotton.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:48 PM   #13

I was at Uniqlo today, but the Airism stuff is way too soft (very a la Nike Drift but thinner and softer) and makes my belly to look twice as big...

I passed on it as I need something more structured. Did grab a polo for 19.99 though.

Also got two H&M at 7 bucks each on sale. We'd see how they holds up with regular wear and washes for a week straight.

My friend swears by Kirkland tees for summer. Going to pick up a pack some time this week. He said it comes in 6 packs and averages less than $3 a tee... hahaha... now that's going cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araaadi View Post
Anyone have luck with tank tops? Lulus are pretty over priced, and I’m not a huge fan of Nike drifit material. Looking for something plain and cotton.
Not sure how you wearing tanks, but I got a few UA for exercise and they are great! And you can find them on sale quite often too.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:54 AM   #14
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subordinate View Post
Wash em while you shower, quick wash, and hang and it'd be dry asap.
HAH that's a pretty funny/effective habit.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote