REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 06-18-2018, 09:20 PM   #1
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Do we need online platform for auto repair search in Vancouver?

Hello,

We have recently launched a website called https://carmunity.io/. It is designed to quickly connect people in the greater Vancouver area with automotive repair shops that meet their specific needs, and allow you to book appointments at the click of a button. We offer our users 5% discount on any service book through our platform.

I am very interested to know your opinion on this project.

Do you guys think that you would use our web-site?

Would it simplify your search for auto repair?

How do you like 5% discount for any service?

Please let me know what you think or ask any questions if you have any.

Thank you, Roman.
Advertisement
pavrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 10:24 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
I would use it if a discount is provided. I probably won't know anything about your website without searching it on google and at that moment I probably end up finding something else.
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2018, 06:21 AM   #3

Thank you for the input!

Our partners do offer a discount for our users and we also plan to run different promotions.
Since we just launched our web-site, Google hasn't indexed it yet so you won't be able to find it unless you know the domain name. I hope it's going to get indexed sooner than later.
Old 06-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,499 Times in 1,504 Posts
Your Facebook and Instagram links are down. I'd be inclined to share it with non-automotive inclined people. For most of us, we can diy the maintenance. Not sure if this thread is against vendor rules, or if what I'm about to say is too, but feel free to PM me if you got any questions about b2c/ b2b marketing in this industry.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2018, 12:38 PM   #5
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
I guess you guys don't have anyone on your platform yet as no matter what service I'm looking at it only goes to v & h auto repairs.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #6

Thank you for the tips! Links are working now.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #7

It is only two of us developing the platform and searching for good auto repair services so thing don't go as fast as we want to. At the moment we signed up V&H and few other shops in East Vancouver but we are working on getting more shops in our catalog.
Old 06-19-2018, 05:52 PM   #8
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
What would be more interesting is a platform where a user can submit their needs (say a water pump & timing job for a 95 civic) and the request gets sent out to your repair shops within a 25km radius of the users location.

The repair shops then bid on the job and the results are broken down by parts $ ; labour $ ; warranty on labour ; warranty on parts to the user.

The user then selects which repair shop they want to go with (with maybe some Yelp/google reviews on each shop) and books a time slot.

No discounts given to the user because the shop will provide the lowest rate possible.

This would be a much better platform I feel. Much more useful.

- I will send you my royalty invoice when the website is live. PM me for more monetization ideas rather than just cut from repair shop

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by tiger_handheld; 06-19-2018 at 09:07 PM.
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-20-2018, 06:43 AM   #9

Thank you for a very good idea!

We provide similar type of service. We ask users to fill out the form where they describe the problem and we look for the best shop in terms of quality, price and availability. We do that by simply calling shops but we'll try to automate this process once we get more users.