REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 06-20-2018, 05:31 AM   #1
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Power Commander tuner recommendations

Hey guys, got my first bike this year after 25 years of being on a dirt bike, finally decided to get a street bike. Well now that I got a 2007 CBR600RR, the modding bug got to me. Bike already has Two Brothers Slip On, and I just added K&N air filter. Gonna be picking up a Power Commander V, to smooth everything out and was just wanting to ask some experienced riders where do you guys get your bikes tuned. A quick Google search and I found M.A.S. Dyno services, which looks like a pretty good place, also checked on Power Commander website and they showed a couple authorized tuners, however they're all in Kelowna or out of the city.

What I'm looking for is some recommendations for a tuner from guys with experience. Any other places I should be looking at? Also considering getting the auto-tune addon, and not having to worry about getting it tuned, anyone with experience feel free to chime in. Pros and cons to both systems, and any pointers would be great.

Thanks guys
Advertisement
J.Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:16 AM   #2

MAS Dyno Services hands down. I just got my bike back from Mike. Absolutely incredible dude. He does the work for all the major dealers.

Also, you have a two bro's slip on and an air filter, you do not need any type of tune or power commander.

You can get away without one, without any adverse side effects, and chances are a tune will be so negligible.

That being said, if you are set on getting ecu flash tune / dyno then go to mike.

I would not get a power commander. You have not free'd up enough airflow to get that. If you got a full exhaust then I yes a PCV would be beneficial, but then you can just also get an ecu flash tune without a piggy back system and it would be just fine.

TLDR: go to mike, dont get a PCV, get the ecu flash tune. Find him on FB to check out his set up.

I've owned a CBR600RR like yours, ran a slip on and air filter very hard.

Also owned two R6's. one with slip on, one with full exhaust.

The PCV comes in handy when you get the full exhaust because you can download specific maps that were created for the bike set up.
Gh0st is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-21-2018, 04:34 AM   #3

Yeah I definitely agree, I don't "need" a PCV, however I have the opportunity to buy one brand new for less than half the price, so figured might as well try it out. Been having issues with my throttle, and read online some guys were able to tune out throttle issues, so I'm more or less just looking to smooth out the throttle/powerband.

You mentioned just getting ECU re-flashed, do you mean just using the stock ECU and getting a tuner to flash a new map on top of it? I didn't know the stock ECU was able to accept a re-flash.

I'm also thinking if I want to continue with further mods, then I will be able to get a new tune.

Looks like Mike is the guy to go with, thanks for the advice.
J.Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 10:15 PM   #4
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
Fuel Moto is who i get it from, the power commander comes with maps and you just gotta tell them the map; what setup you have and they give u the maps for free... legitttttt
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: