REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-09-2018, 01:48 PM   #51
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'm making a point that people have an issue paying taxes on a product, when they should be mad about getting gouged on a product, from a group of companies known for price fixing, destroying the environment, manipulating government, etc.
Its an observation that people should be mad at something different. Theres a reason gas is expensive, and the main reason isn't the taxes.
Maybe you should just be mad at yourself for destroying the environment and your wallet everytime you drive your car?

The oil and gas industry just fills a need, if you don't like it, then go live off the grid like a hippy.

I'm allowed to be critical of my government and the way they spend my money, the only way I can be critical of private business is by taking my money elsewhere.

On the subject of "manipulative government", maybe you should question why your government is able to be manipulated by private business, is it perhaps because they are greedy, dirty politicians, such as Crusty Cunt, who now works for one of her biggest campaign donors?
Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #52
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,164 Times in 7,156 Posts
I have taken my money elsewhere. I walk or bike to work, the grocery store, etc. Thats why I drive less than 5k a year. You can tell me to practice what I preach all I want, because I do.
Talking about Kunty, has nothing to do with my support for the NDP/green taxation plans that often are based on environmental initiatives, as they have nothing in common. There is also a reason I didn't vote for the BC Liberals. Last I checked Krusty and her "manipulative government" weren't "my government" anyways.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:23 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
the grocery store
And how did what your buying at the grocery store get there?

Not driving your car amounts to literally a penny out of the pocket of Big Oil. It's obviously the first thing everyone points to, but realistically, the food you eat, the products you buy, the trips you go on, your medication, health care, and all the people you rely on to serve you your daily latte at whatever organic brewerista bullshit coffee joint all use more oil and petrochemical products than you could imagine.

So unless you're out here whittling your cuttlery out of wood, and carving wooden bowls to eat on, you're still not making a dent in cutting your use, all you are doing is lulling yourself into thinking your better than the rest of us.

Spoiler!

Last edited by meme405; 07-09-2018 at 11:31 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:41 PM   #54

For anyone that doesn't understand:

Take every single car, truck, tractor, etc. in the world and replace it with an electric equivalent as of tomorrow morning. You have still only reduced our global oil demand by 33%.

You people don't understand what you are using even while you are using it.

Protest a pipeline all you want, hang underneath a bridge blocking traffic for weeks, or months or years, it doesn't matter, because the fight you are fighting is fundamentally flawed. And yet hundreds of people continue to fight it (Many of them undoubtedly paid for by people who benefit from our mishandling of our business here in Canada), and millions of other clueless people rally behind them.

This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2018, 05:19 AM   #55
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,164 Times in 7,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
And how did what your buying at the grocery store get there?

Not driving your car amounts to literally a penny out of the pocket of Big Oil. It's obviously the first thing everyone points to, but realistically, the food you eat, the products you buy, the trips you go on, your medication, health care, and all the people you rely on to serve you your daily latte at whatever organic brewerista bullshit coffee joint all use more oil and petrochemical products than you could imagine.

So unless you're out here whittling your cuttlery out of wood, and carving wooden bowls to eat on, you're still not making a dent in cutting your use, all you are doing is lulling yourself into thinking your better than the rest of us.

Spoiler!
I know what you are trying to to here, but get fucking real man. Just because I've been born into a society thats dependant on oil, doesn't mean I have to suck oil company dick and like it. I buy local veggies and meat. I drive less. Guess what, it does make a difference. If everyone else did the same it would make a bigger difference.
I'm not in the mindset of "doing a little bit is the same as doing nothing" because oil or otherwise, that mindset is for the lazy. You say vote with your wallet, then come back with, "well that doesn't do anything anyway," then whats the point of having this conversation.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: