REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:03 PM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Storage Services

Hey guys

We are looking for a storage place to temporary store our belongings for a period of time, roughly 12 months.

We looked online for PODS, Self storage places, Big SteelBox etc. All these places seem to want to charge upwards of $300 a month, and for self storage places, we would need to get movers to help us move our stuff into the storage.

I found a provider online called HelloShed https://www.helloshed.com/?gclid=Cj0...ALw_wcBhttp:// This place will come and PACK and MOVE and STORE your belongings for almost 40% off the price of the regular guys.

Anybody can share some experiences or recommendations?

Thank you
Advertisement
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:39 PM   #2
Fanboy

Let me know if you go ahead with this, curious for future reference.
Old 07-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #3
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Maybe the owner of one of those empty homes would be willing to let you store your stuff in their place in exchange for making it appear lived in?
Old 07-16-2018, 03:12 PM   #4
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
How much stuff do you have? Cuz $300/month seems pretty darn expensive.

Was recently looking at self storage options myself. The cheapest one I found was U Haul -- charging ~$180/month for a 10' x 10' x 8' storage space. Easy and convenient hours of access with 17 hrs worth of accessibility in a day. 24hrs access is available for an additional charge.

Additionally, you want to do your asking around because I've been quoted for a place that is ~3x more expensive than U Haul. This other place was chargine $300+/month for a 10' x 5' space. It is much closer to my place, but there is no way I'd pay 3x the amount.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:59 PM   #5
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Looking for a storage a place as well. Found one near Lougheed around garden works 7*5 they charge around $254 a month seems a bit overprice....
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:10 PM   #6
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,782 Times in 1,242 Posts
Getting a chuckle out of everyone saying the prices seem overpriced... Yet every place is charging around the same hahaha.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:00 PM   #7
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

we used VSS : 8700 Barnard St, Vancouver, BC V6P 5G5, had nothing but good things to say about them. gated and u get a keycard to get in. was cheaper than other places . paid about $300 for a 20ft space. .

keep in mind, alot of places make u buy insurance thru them. i didnt have any issues w/ them, plus i was able to start mid month. even didnt give them full months notice. they were ok w/ it.
plus gave us a welcome basket.

think they had $25 off first month with increments every month max $75 if i remember correctly
Rallydrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:14 AM   #8
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
$250-$300 is standard pricing in my experience. These storage lockers are in pretty high demand more often than you'd think.

At my work, we are currently renting out:
- 5x5 - $105/mo @ Maple Leaf Storage
- 10x10 - $394/mo @ Public Storage, ground floor, 24 hr access
FN-2199 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:37 PM   #9
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
wow prices have gone up. i was renting out from public storage for a 10x10, and it was only 200/mo a couple years back.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #10
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,708 Times in 364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubl3_H View Post
Hey guys

We are looking for a storage place to temporary store our belongings for a period of time, roughly 12 months.

We looked online for PODS, Self storage places, Big SteelBox etc. All these places seem to want to charge upwards of $300 a month, and for self storage places, we would need to get movers to help us move our stuff into the storage.

I found a provider online called HelloShed https://www.helloshed.com/?gclid=Cj0...ALw_wcBhttp:// This place will come and PACK and MOVE and STORE your belongings for almost 40% off the price of the regular guys.

Anybody can share some experiences or recommendations?

Thank you

Hello shed is awesome. They'll catalog all your stuff and if you need a specific item, you call them and they'll deliver that item to you. The company is a start up so prices won't stay low for long imo