REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-02-2018, 07:00 PM   #1
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,908 Times in 755 Posts
More super cars ——- Impounded! N Driver!

https://www.news1130.com/2018/08/02/...-meadows-rcmp/

MAPLE RIDGE (NEWS 1130) – Mounties in Maple Ridge are telling people to slow down, especially, during the upcoming long weekend after two sports cars were impounded early Thursday morning.

Police say they were doing routine traffic enforcement around River Road and Lougheed Highway when officers noticed a blue 2017 Lamborghini Aventador and a black 2016 McLaren 675H driving east and going really fast.

“Laser equipment was activated and it showed both cars to be travelling 138 km/h in a marked 80 km/h zone. Both drivers were stopped for excessive speed and the cars were immediately impounded for a minimum of seven days,” says Corporal Amanda Harnett.

She adds both drivers were handed fines of $368, three points on their driving records and the case will be forwarded to the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles for further review.

The driver of the black McLaren is a 22-year-old Burnaby resident and is an ‘N’ driver. The driver of the blue Lamborghini is also 22-years-old and from Burnaby. Police say the pair have a history of speeding infractions and fines.

“The traffic investigation revealed that both men were on their way to Mission Raceway for a planned private track event when they were stopped. The investigation also revealed that one car was equipped with a radar detector,” says Harnett.

Police say that stretch of Lougheed Highway is their number one problem spot when it comes to excessive speed. “No matter the time of year this specific area is plagued with unsafe speeds, 24/7, regardless of the road and weather conditions. We have seen too many tragic outcomes where all the driver needed to do was just slow down,” explains Traffic Sergeant Bruce McCowan.

So far this year, Ridge Meadows RCMP have ticketed 472 drivers for excessive speed with 178 of those happening on that same stretch of Lougheed Highway between Maple Ridge and Mission.

Remember, in all cases of excessive speed your car will be immediately impounded for a minimum of one week.
Advertisement
Acura604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:02 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Quote:
with 178 of those happening on that same stretch of Lougheed Highway between Maple Ridge and Mission.
Maybe the speed limit should be reviewed then? Nah fuck that, fines make dimes
Old 08-02-2018, 07:15 PM   #3
Need to Seek Professional Help

that radar detector sucks
Old 08-02-2018, 07:25 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
pics of the impounded cars:

untitled.png

untitled3.png
Attached Images
File Type: png untitled2.png (107.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-02-2018, 07:37 PM   #5
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Or not have to rush out to frickin Mission to make Friday night drags after work... or have the only damn raceway in Misson... or have an empty highway with an 80km/h limit.... or... who am I kidding, it’s all for safety right? I’m no fan of rich kids, but should the cops be making a point of “shaming” any exotic that gets impounded? Any car can do 120 on that stretch quite easily and I’m sure they do many other impounds with little to no fanfare.

It’s cute how they have matching wheels too

Also, inb4 Hondaracer says these aren’t performance cars
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 08:06 PM   #6
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,695 Times in 3,126 Posts
138km/h is nothing damnit. I can do that on my Vespa 250.

If they pull me over and impound my Vespa for doing 138 I'd record every minute and send it to the scooter community triumphantly
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM   #7
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,532 Times in 479 Posts
If they're talking about the stretch of road I'm thinking of, the speed limit is criminally slow. It's basically a full blown highway with dividers and should have a limit of at least 100-120kph. Never have I seen a single accident there, at any time of the year, driving through two times a day for two years now. It's the number one problem spot because the problem is the speed limit, in fact when they repaved that stretch of road, the dividers went uninterrupted along the entire length. Less than a month later they created openings directly in front of where the police liked to create speed traps. It's a money grab and they know it. 130ish is not fast, most days 120-130 is the kind of speed you see from most people on HWY1.

The only reason you're seeing this in an article is because it involves exotics, trying to make it seem like it's something eventful when it's not.

Last edited by Yodamaster; 08-02-2018 at 09:06 PM.
Yodamaster is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2018, 10:39 PM   #8
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
they need 3 police cruisers on site for speed enforcement?
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #9
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
they need 3 police cruisers on site for speed enforcement?
they need multiple PO's to stop and ticket cars.

1. probably holds to gun, 1 to stop the car and write the ticket and the other person rotate.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM   #10
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iambuRnz View Post
that radar detector sucks
doesn't help if they use lidar

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-03-2018, 10:40 AM   #11
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
I got pinched for excessive on that stretch back when I was younger. Thankfully, it was nothing more than a $400 fine. I think I took it to court, and while waiting for the trial the officer retired. So yeah, I guess I got off scott free.

fuk me... things were a lot simpler in the 90's.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: