REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 08-05-2018, 03:34 PM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Used car scam?

I have seen this post on a number of Facebook groups on the Island.

Quote:
****WARNING*******

A friendly warning to all members. There is a scammer basically stealing cars and posting them on Craigslist for black book prices. I’ll explain my situation:
I fell victim to this, after saving for years making the little money I do to buy my dream car, and because of my love and passion for cars, it was worth it to me.

I did a lien search & bought the car, the 3rd week after having it, lots of things went wrong. I took it to a shop and spent countless thousands of dollars on it. I had everything done that was needed. Later that week, it was repo’d. Turns out the scammer stole someone’s ID & and used it to get a car loan pretending to be that person. & then posted the ad and sold the car to me. I was able to get ahold of the other person who’s identity he used seeing their name was on the bailiffs paper, and they confirmed this.

He has since done this to numerous other people also and had numerous pending court cases. His name is Alex Sutue & talks with a Romanian accent & is in his early to 20’s. He operates WITH his “wife” but really girlfriend - elena Prydkina. Her number was used for the original ad. & she does all the communication. She’s an 100% an accomplice. These 2 people are pro low life con artists. Literally-Don’t be fooled!

The lien search didn’t process in time which is why the 30K lien didn’t show, and after contacting the lien search company they aren’t liable. I’ve now lost my means of transportation and my years of savings to get this car. Police won’t do anything either as they say it’s a civil matter. ICBC as far as they are concerned he’s done nothing wrong as it appears in his name. & that’s all they care about. Basically you can steal a car and as long as the process LOOKS right to ICBC, they won’t put up a fuss. This is why you must do a lien search (which I DID) and was still screwed. I’m basically sick to my stomach!

***A side note: if anyone has a CHEAP car for sale and would like it to go to a good home PLEASE let me know! Thank you so much and I truly hope this post helps just one person fall victim like I did. The word needs to be spread. I’ve also lost huge money on a Laywer which took this no where.

I’m also posting from a hidden account with not much info shown, so that I don’t end up being a target to this already confirmed sketchy individual.

& yes this is a repost as the first post had a go fund me link attached that another group member set up for me, which was not the original reason for my post. I’m just wanting to warn the public.

🚧PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHARE!!!!!!!!
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2018, 03:44 PM   #2
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,279 Times in 1,968 Posts
Damn Gypsies...
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: