REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 08-18-2018, 09:48 PM   #1
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Thanked 1,099 Times in 168 Posts
Credit Card questions

I’ve got a Visa credit card through RBC with a 25,000 limit. My balance is currently 0. I transferred all my cash to another bank a couple years ago so my savings account is like $450 in my RBC account. I want to use my Visa credit card to make 25,000 dollars of home renovations/airplane tickets/hotels as I get reward points for each dollar I spend.

My question is, can I max that card out on purchases or will Visa see my spending and reduce my credit limit?

Thank you.
Advertisement

Last edited by FishTaco; 08-19-2018 at 02:14 AM.
FishTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:38 PM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,743 Times in 3,864 Posts
I bet asking RBC sure would help more
Old 08-18-2018, 11:58 PM   #3
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,022 Times in 450 Posts
I doubt they'd decrease your limit. They gave it to you after all.

Instead, I'd call your visa company to let them know that you're planning to make so and so purchases in the next little while so they don't freeze your account for irregular activities.
Spoon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-19-2018, 08:00 PM   #4
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,312 Times in 961 Posts
^ yes you can decrease. Just call them. In case of emergency, some dude can't rack up 15k on ur credit card.
You don't need to call them if you're traveling. They literally told me to stop calling. ahhahahha No need to tell us anymore.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote