REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Photography Lab

Photography Lab THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
A place to display digital masterpieces, enhance photography skills, photoshop, and share photo tips with one another...

Old 09-04-2018, 11:46 PM   #1
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Canon EOS R: FF Mirrorless

ronpaulitshappening.gif

who's brave enough to guess the price?

may be people will finally accept mirrorless is really the future

https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/5/17...mera-announced
Advertisement
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:26 AM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 1,128 Times in 339 Posts
Sweet, a 5D4 with no mirror. I'm good thanks!
Old 09-05-2018, 05:44 AM   #3
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
24-70 F2

dannnnggggg
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 10:42 AM   #4
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
I'm a long time regular Joe Canon user here. I still remember how excited I was when I bought their Digital Rebel 300D as soon as it became available.

I have to say I am not at all excited about the news with the EOS R. It definitely looks very nice, and seems at least as capable as Canon's latest offerings. But that's exactly the problem I see -- it is little better than their current offerings.

One additional mount to further muddy up their existing lens line up. EF, EF-S, EF-M, and now R? IMO, they should either continue to use the EF-M, or if that mount is too technically inferior (why design it that way in the first place then? ), it should be dropped -- sucks to be the early adopters.

Same crappy sensor as the 5D4. The Sony sensor was already better, and Canon is rehashing a piece of uncompetitive old crap into a new body. 4K video @ 30fps only, and only 12 stops of DR. Sony can do 60fps @ 4K, and 120fps @ 1080, and 15 stops of DR.

Single card slot vs dual (on the Sony). $2200+ vs $2000.

I'm personally not convinced that image stabilization is better on the lense or in the camera body, but there is no debate that in-camera IS make things far cheaper for the user.

Canon has had more time than Sony to put this together, and they still came up short in pretty much every single regard.

Seriously WTF Canon?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
gen 1 product is gen 1
just glad all top 3 manufacturers are finally in the 21st century
honestly the price is pretty good...they could've asked 800 more and people still wouldn't bat an eye

the only big brand camera doing 4K60 is Panasonic GH5
people complaining that the 4K is only crop are probably the same group that will bitch about overheating, rolling shutter, etc. in full-frame recording
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 04:29 PM   #6
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
So (Canadian) prices are out...

https://bccamera.com/current-promotions/canon-eos-r/

The body and 24-105 prices are pretty much spot on at what I was expecting. But perhaps I wasn't paying attention to the 28-70 and 50mm lens... Those 2 are ridiculously expensive!!! The fancy converters also seem crazy expensive to me as well...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote