REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-24-2022, 06:03 PM   #5501
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts

same Cain?
Advertisement
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-24-2022, 07:10 PM   #5502
I don't get it

Is the name Derek Cain common enough that there will be two of them in the VPD? I don't think so.

The news report says the beatings by the VPD were in south vancouver which is coincides with Cain's area where he issues VIs

Last edited by ssjGoku69; 10-24-2022 at 07:16 PM.
ssjGoku69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 02:41 PM   #5503
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c...on_experience/

Sounds like Cain strikes again
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-29-2022, 04:33 PM   #5504
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,064 Times in 555 Posts
^ Good to know that I still take the long way around to work everyday is a smart move lool. Thank god gas prices is a bit lower....

AE101 Rolla 96' //Sold
RPS13 240SX 90' //STOLEN
RMS13 240SX 91' //Scrapped
RHS13 240SX 90' //Scrapped
S35 Rogue 12' //Gifted to Parents
GD 6MT Elantra 13' //Sold
CZ4A 5MT GSR Evo 08' // Totalled
Ioniq DCT 19' //Traded in
NA MX-5 5MT 97' // Sold
Prius Prime 21' //Traded in
Tesla Model 3 RWD DD
GSX-R 600 K5' Mental Therapy
Prius Prime 24' New Kids Carrier
dark0821 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 09:59 PM   #5505
Need to Seek Professional Help

Just have to keep up the good fight and keep bringing it to court. Even if you lose, it ties up the legal system and takes these officers off the road, even for just that hour. Imagine these officers having a calendar full of court appearances and these judges spending the whole day dealing with this nonsense. Make noise the legal way.
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 04:22 AM   #5506
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
Just have to keep up the good fight and keep bringing it to court. Even if you lose, it ties up the legal system and takes these officers off the road, even for just that hour. Imagine these officers having a calendar full of court appearances and these judges spending the whole day dealing with this nonsense. Make noise the legal way.
I thought I read here years ago that you can't take a VI to court, so it is a guaranteed money maker for the VPD. Has that changed?
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:28 AM   #5507
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
You can only really do 2 things.
Launch a formal complaint against the officer, or take them to small claims court to try and recoup the money for the invalid VI. I don’t see any working out in anyone’s favour, as the time and effort outweighs the return even if you get it.
You still can not challenge a VI in court like a ticket, but can fight any non compliance tickets that come with it.
The VI doesn’t make any money for the VPD, it only makes money for the mechanics that inspect it. It’s more about VPD trying to inconvenience people.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-01-2022, 08:15 AM   #5508
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
which officer was that? i almost dont believe they would use tesla as a reference lol
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 08:50 AM   #5509
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
He never said, could be Buckingham or Cain... based on the "I'm a nice guy just trying to help you out" BS approach he describes, I'm going to guess it's Buckingham.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2022, 06:34 AM   #5510
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
You can only really do 2 things.
Launch a formal complaint against the officer, or take them to small claims court to try and recoup the money for the invalid VI. I don’t see any working out in anyone’s favour, as the time and effort outweighs the return even if you get it.
You still can not challenge a VI in court like a ticket, but can fight any non compliance tickets that come with it.
The VI doesn’t make any money for the VPD, it only makes money for the mechanics that inspect it. It’s more about VPD trying to inconvenience people.
yeah, I didn't hink you could court challenge a VI. I saw VPD police performing vehicle inspections on the MaryHill a few weeks ago, in conjunction with RCMP. I stay out of Vancouver with my Harleys and my lifted truck, not worth it.

Traffic fines' monies handed out in BC goes back to the municipality they are issued, per the BC gov't. I just assumed the VI was considered also a fine, as the VPD tags fines along with many (from what I've read here).

https://www.revscene.net/forums/7153...ml#post9020324

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/g...for%20policing.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 08:22 AM   #5511
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Yah VPD doesn’t get any of the Vi money save for some accusations of collusion with shops and a certain officer possibly pocketing side money lol… but they definitely started tacking on unnecessary noise money maker violations on top of all of them which they do get $ for.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 09:05 PM   #5512
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
So an update was posted in the FB group for this

Quote:
Hi Everyone.

While I hope everyone is having a good start to 2023, this group however is not. I had to withdraw my involvement in AEA a good while back due to my own personal matters but have recently been brought back into the light of things after being called out on here for bailing on the group... let’s get some things cleared up.

First and foremost, I started this group as a fellow pissed off enthusiast seeing a need for change as I couldn’t drive my own car into Vancouver without fear. The growth of this group in the first 3 days after opening it was unprecedented and seeing the need for support and change Adam and Zian joined forces with me as founding members to help move this in the right direction. Within weeks we had an administrative team and tactical team all volunteering their personal time to the cause without any need or desire for compensation or recognition. The amount of time that was donated by our team was extensive, all behind the scenes and all while managing careers, families and personal lives. I can’t thank the team enough for their devotion to the cause. This group was designed to bring the community together in a positive way to make positive change. None of us involved were looking to profit in any way from this and we have gained nothing as individuals in the process. I find it amazing how criticized this group has been for “not achieving enough” when the vast majority know absolutely nothing about the efforts we have had to go through to force the changes that have happened.

While not all of you may be able to see what has been achieved, it has been achieved never the less!! Last year the BC Police Board came down hard on all police departments saying they were incorrectly applying the MVA. After that they actually changed the MVA to ensure rules for exhaust sound testing was done to the proper specifications and procedures – that in itself is massive. Thanks to the efforts of Kevin Yeung that spear headed the initiative with the weight of the AEA behind him, he was able to make that push all behind the scenes without looking for any credit or recognition. This was a major win for the automotive community. Here are links to the letter from the OPCC and also the MVA changes that you all can review.

https://www.bclaws.gov.bc.ca/civix/d...atreg/26_58_08

It has been brought up about the donations made to be refunded because the money wasn’t used yet no one actually knows why the money wasn’t used. We have spent a large sum of money on legal fees but had a very generous benefactor personally pay for what we’ve needed and actually told us to keep the money and keep raising more as there wasn’t even close to enough yet. That person asked for no recognition and no identification, they simply did it because they are an enthusiast and wanted to stop the persecution of our community. So really, the account should have been completely drained yet it is still fully in tact. For any of you that want your donations back, you have 30 days to email your receipt from Go Fund Me to automotiveenthusiastalliance@gmail.com and the money will be e-transferred back to you minus the Go Fund Me fees with the password set at “refund”. We have no intentions of keeping anyone from their money and the individual that asked for a refund has already been issued it. Once 30 days has passed, all unclaimed money in the account will be donated to Children’s Hospital and there will be no further opportunity for reimbursement. This is final and not negotiable as of today.

As of now the team taking care of this group is dissolved and Adam, Zian and I are no longer involved in AEA. All moderators will no longer be participating in policing this group. On March 31st 2023 this group will be removed from Facebook unless someone chooses to contact me directly/privately and step up to take this group over under a new name. To all that contributed to our cause, we thank you for all your efforts and it was only because of the work of many that we were able to make the movement forward that we have.

I wish all Automotive Enthusiasts nothing but the best and I will continue to support the community however I can. My passion for vehicles and improving them will never change and I will continue to share that passion with others. To Adam and Zian, I can’t thank you both enough for everything you both have done, especially in my absence. You are both so passionate and even though you have crazy busy careers and families you selflessly took the reins to make this group have real success. I am most grateful for you both!! To the AEA Admin, Tactical and Moderation teams – you guys are all gems and we couldn’t have done this without you!! Thank you for the time you dedicated in your already busy lives and for doing so much to help share the load.

This will be my final post in this group as it’s founder. Good luck to all for a great 2023 and the search for 1 more psi!!
Seems like changes were indeed made and may explain the slowing down of VIs. My view is one is probably safe unless your car is absolutely retarded.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2023, 10:46 PM   #5513
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,192 Times in 481 Posts
What was the wording that was changed?
And has anyone actually gotten the number of VI's to verify the numbers decreased? Without the actual numbers, I am more likely to believe that people are just keeping it to themselves because there was zero sympathy for people with an exhaust. Car had to be 100% stock or else you need your flame suit on.

My practice of staying out of Vancouver hasn't changed.
SSM_DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2023, 12:06 AM   #5514
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
saw a modified car pulled over with a bumper sticker that said "My exhaust is louder than your girlfriend last night"

Old 01-25-2023, 12:33 AM   #5515
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSM_DC5 View Post
And has anyone actually gotten the number of VI's to verify the numbers decreased? Without the actual numbers, I am more likely to believe that people are just keeping it to themselves because there was zero sympathy for people with an exhaust. Car had to be 100% stock or else you need your flame suit on.
I have submitted my FOI request to the VPD last week, just like I have done in the past few years. The results typically come back after 4 - 6 weeks, so we will likely know then. However, what's weird is, normally I'd get an acknowledgement from the FOI request email address stating their usual procedure and turn around time yada yada yada, but I have yet to receive that so far. (And no, it didn't get filtered into my spam folder because I checked.)

Given how we had 2 major waves of COVID (Omicron) in Jan/Feb and April/May last year, and then 3 more smaller waves in July/Aug, Oct, and Dec, I suspect the VI numbers will be blunted accordingly. Similarly, we got hit in late June to July by a heat wave, so I'd expect the VI numbers to be lower than what they would have been otherwise.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2023, 11:47 AM   #5516
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
This came up on my radar while I was catching up with news:

https://globalnews.ca/news/9420373/n...wsuit-inquest/

The news story itself was about the unfortunate demise of VPD constable Nicole Chan, how she had been repeatedly exposed to the toxic environment and culture of the VPD, and how she was repeatedly subjected to sexual harassments, sexual advances, and intimidation from other members of the VPD. But the portion that is relevant to our VI discussion is this:

Quote:
In 2015, Chan met with Const. Derrick Kaine for help applying to the VPD’s Emergency Response Team. Kaine is accused in the amended claim of sending her sexually charged text messages, and becoming involved sexually with Chan for about a year and a half, insisting the relationship remain secret.
The VPD officer that we all loathe is Cain. From the VIs we have seen him issue, we are 100% certain that his last name is spelled "Cain", and that his first name is almost certainly "Derek". So there is a chance that this "Derrick Kaine" from the VPD Emergency Response Team is a different person. However, I think it is more likely that the "Derrick Kaine" spelling is a journalistic mistake. Phonetically, the two spellings are identical, and I think it has been said that "our" Cain is in the VPD Emergency Response Team too.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-26-2023, 05:02 PM   #5517
RS controls my life!

Thanked 2,003 Times in 216 Posts
Holy shit. Someone please find out if this is true. Cain maybe a larger douchebag than we thought he was. I did a quick google and also found this article (not sure how reputable source is thou). Same topic but they refered to him as "Derrick Cain" instead of Kaine. It is quite possible what Traum mentioned.

https://irshadgul.com/ahead-of-inque...tions-ig-news/

In 2015, Chan met with Const. Derrick Cain for help applying to VPD’s Emergency Response Team. Kaine is alleged in the amended claim to have sent her sexually charged text messages, and been sexually involved with Chan for about a year and a half, insisting that the relationship remain secret.

“Van Patten threatened to send evidence to Nicole’s husband and Constable Cain’s wife if (Chan) did not comply with his demands for sex,” the suit claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post

The news story itself was about the unfortunate demise of VPD constable Nicole Chan, how she had been repeatedly exposed to the toxic environment and culture of the VPD, and how she was repeatedly subjected to sexual harassments, sexual advances, and intimidation from other members of the VPD. But the portion that is relevant to our VI discussion is this:

The VPD officer that we all loathe is Cain. From the VIs we have seen him issue, we are 100% certain that his last name is spelled "Cain", and that his first name is almost certainly "Derek". So there is a chance that this "Derrick Kaine" from the VPD Emergency Response Team is a different person. However, I think it is more likely that the "Derrick Kaine" spelling is a journalistic mistake. Phonetically, the two spellings are identical, and I think it has been said that "our" Cain is in the VPD Emergency Response Team too.
prelude_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 06:00 PM   #5518
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
guess we'll find out soon with the inquest

feel like if Cain was in ERT it would be public knowledge by now
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 06:05 PM   #5519

Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude_prince View Post
Holy shit. Someone please find out if this is true. Cain maybe a larger douchebag than we thought he was. I did a quick google and also found this article (not sure how reputable source is thou). Same topic but they refered to him as "Derrick Cain" instead of Kaine. It is quite possible what Traum mentioned.

https://irshadgul.com/ahead-of-inque...tions-ig-news/

In 2015, Chan met with Const. Derrick Cain for help applying to VPD’s Emergency Response Team. Kaine is alleged in the amended claim to have sent her sexually charged text messages, and been sexually involved with Chan for about a year and a half, insisting that the relationship remain secret.

“Van Patten threatened to send evidence to Nicole’s husband and Constable Cain’s wife if (Chan) did not comply with his demands for sex,” the suit claims.
This is copy pasted from another site it seems, with the name altered. He even spells it both ways. That said, I would assume it was a typo, considering Cain's previous record being involved in issues in the VPD.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-26-2023, 07:33 PM   #5520
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,727 Times in 894 Posts
Lol googled him and this is the first article

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...s-bc-1.6619772
JDMDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:55 PM   #5521
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,025 Posts
^ That one I've seen before. Cain's history really isn't great, also considering the allegations that he was fired from one of the detachments on the island and ended up on VPD. Sometimes I wonder why VPD would hire such losers and don't they do personality tests before hiring officers?
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 08:53 PM   #5522
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,178 Times in 2,408 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post

I read this story a few days ago, didn't connect the dots of Kaine = Cain, but I did know the story was tragic and was truly disgusted at the actions of the two senior VPDs and how they handled the victim who clearly had significant mental issues, yet they continued to manipulate and blackmail her for sexual favours.

Fucking despicable.
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2023, 07:36 AM   #5523
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
didn't he retire, what reprimand would occur? how often do officers actually get charged criminally?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:06 AM   #5524

Christiansen retired IIRC.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-27-2023, 09:09 AM   #5525
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,002 Times in 1,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
didn't he retire, what reprimand would occur? how often do officers actually get charged criminally?
Hopefully, guy gets what's coming to him .. if not, a long slow burn in hell?
whitev70r is online now   Reply With Quote