REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2018, 06:57 AM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS
sdubfid's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AB/BC
Posts: 2,062
Thanked 1,024 Times in 318 Posts
Register Alberta vehicle with only bill of sale

Did a search but havenít found anything relating to my situation.

Is it possible to register an Alberta vehicle in BC with only a bill of sale from widow and out of province inspection?

Vehicle was bought through an estate sale with only bill of sale. No registration. Previous owner of car is deceased. Am I screwed?
sdubfid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:01 AM   #2
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
The Producer's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 621
Thanked 1,962 Times in 368 Posts
i'd make a quick call to a notary and see if they're able to give you some advice. I've obtained insurance documents for a motorcycle where the PO passed away by obtaining a notarized letter stating that I was the now rightful owner. Wasn't OOP though, and the family was cooperative.
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
replace that wood for who gets producer the wood.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:55 AM   #3
I'm invisible
Edison_Chen's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 604 Vancouver
Posts: 4,397
Thanked 149 Times in 82 Posts
I would find out more info whether or not that deceased had a will or not.

Depending if they did have a will or not, document requirements can vary.

Maybe calling ICBC customer service or drop by an Insurance place that does Autoplan and they can give you more info on it.
Edison_Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:06 AM   #4
I *heart* very Muchie
evil_jigglypuff's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: YeRrUs
Posts: 3,931
Thanked 101 Times in 47 Posts
You can do it by having the bill of sale and a notarized "statutory declaration." write a memo stating that the vehicle was purchased from an estate sale. Bring all those documents in to any autoplan broker and they can register the vehicle for you in bc.

also you still need to bring it in for an out of province inspection.
** FS: 1990 240sx fastback (SOLD) **

my crapbucket

*ding* *ding* *ding* ...breast make my day-ee-yay!

Last edited by evil_jigglypuff; 10-10-2018 at 09:28 AM.
evil_jigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 02:36 PM   #5
My homepage has been set to RS
sdubfid's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: AB/BC
Posts: 2,062
Thanked 1,024 Times in 318 Posts
Just an update if anyone searches in the future. The vehicle in question is a 1969 so it qualifies for the vehicles under restoration program. There are special forms required but only a bill of sale is required for vehicles 25 years or older.
“Registration application for vehicle in restoration”
sdubfid is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc. cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of