REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Richmond Chinese driver took gas for brake pedal again (https://www.revscene.net/forums/715431-richmond-chinese-driver-took-gas-brake-pedal-again.html)

Zanity 10-11-2018 05:32 PM

Richmond Chinese driver took gas for brake pedal again

https://www.facebook.com/yanfeng.cao...t=feed_comment

:concentrate: I'm chinese so I can say this, I hate richmond chinese drivers. Every time I go Richmond I come back with a new dent or scratch. Once I was sitting in my parked car, and I watched this cute chinese girl, pulls up beside me in a brand new white E class coupe AMG, opens and slams her door hard into my car, then gives me a pissed stare as she walks away. That or you have people who close their eyes and floor the gas pedal like this.

UnknownJinX 10-11-2018 05:46 PM

I think I had my moments with mixing up gas pedal and brake pedal when I just got my N...:x I always realized it when I started doing it, and nowadays I can manage 3 pedals without issues.

Then again, I am not entirely sure why the driver did it. For all I care, they could have just wanted to try out the SH-AWD.:badpokerface:

TOPEC 10-11-2018 05:49 PM

that gen RDX scrapped SHAWD for the AWD found in CRVs.

GLOW 10-11-2018 06:05 PM

so THAT'S why SUV's are preferred...

Badhobz 10-11-2018 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanity (Post 8923033)

:concentrate: I'm chinese so I can say this, I hate richmond chinese drivers. Every time I go Richmond I come back with a new dent or scratch. Once I was sitting in my parked car, and I watched this cute chinese girl, pulls up beside me in a brand new white E class coupe AMG, opens and slams her door hard into my car, then gives me a pissed stare as she walks away. That or you have people who close their eyes and floor the gas pedal like this.

you didnt say anything to her? how about you ding my door, i ding your ass?

teggy604 10-11-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

I give that jump a 6/10. Dukes of hazard style.

danned 10-11-2018 09:40 PM

nice driving technique without cars around

JoshuaWong 10-11-2018 09:40 PM

Quote:

One time in Richmond in an empty lot, a cute chinese girl in an M4 was parking up right next to my M3. You can tell she was picky about her door dings by the way she maneuvered into spot. Right when she was getting out, my clumsy brother who was getting in slammed right into her car... :awwyeah: No, she was more embarrassed than anything she actually ran away.

Then theres this other time I was sitting in a young chinese girls SLK55, when she backed up she went right into the back of another car, then she turned around and asked me if its alright. :pokerface: Weirdly, no damage to either car... the shunt was actually quite comfy.

welfare 10-11-2018 09:43 PM

Reminds me of a joke:

What's the most common car driven in Richmond?

Spoiler!

Zanity 10-12-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 8923054)
you didnt say anything to her? how about you ding my door, i ding your ass?

No, I was still in shock from her pissed stare.

Badhobz 10-12-2018 08:28 AM

chinese women are very scary! their bitchiness is famous all across asia. thats why when a gewilo guy marries a chinese woman thinking they'll be submissive i just lawl..

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/03/03d4e...dd3cfe1bae.jpg

Bouncing Bettys 10-12-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8923035)
I think I had my moments with mixing up gas pedal and brake pedal when I just got my N...:x I always realized it when I started doing it, and nowadays I can manage 3 pedals without issues.

Then again, I am not entirely sure why the driver did it. For all I care, they could have just wanted to try out the SH-AWD.:badpokerface:

Can't say I've ever mixed up the gas and brake pedals but when switching from my manual to an automatic, I once slammed on the brakes thinking I was hitting the clutch pedal for a downshift.

originalhypa 10-12-2018 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 8923134)
chinese women are very scary! their bitchiness is famous all across asia. thats why when a gewilo guy marries a chinese woman thinking they'll be submissive i just lawl..

You hit that nail on the head there, brother from an Asian mother.
I have a number of Caucasian friends who married Asian women, and none of them actually possess their own testicles anymore. We joke that guys who can't handle a white girl go Asian expecting them to be docile. By then ten year mark the dudes are so broken down from the constant nagging, BMW payments, and sky high insurance rates that they become the docile ones.

:lol

Indy 10-12-2018 09:34 AM

This is why VPD should stop cracking down on modified cars. If that was a stanced car, it never would've made it over that island.

Stance = Safety lol

68style 10-12-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

I love you Badhobz... like... in a way that it's okay from a conservative perspective for one man to love another... a pat on the bum at the line of scrimmage before the next play.

Zanity 10-12-2018 10:22 AM

New footage from the mall security camera on this incident:

https://www.facebook.com/edmund.woo....zcwNjMyMzM2Nw/

Traum 10-12-2018 10:23 AM

https://www.richmond-news.com/news/t...lot-1.23462159

Quote:

A ticket has been issued to the elderly driver of a white Acura SUV that launched through a set of bushes and narrowly missed hitting a pedestrian, Richmond RCMP say.

Cpl. Dennis Hwang, media relations officer, said the 80-year-old driver “allegedly lost control of her vehicle” shortly after making a U-turn in the Yaohan Centre parking lot and collided with a grey Audi SUV Thursday morning.
FailFish

Honestly, I hope this elderly lady will never attempt to drive again, nor will her family allow her to drive again.

UnknownJinX 10-12-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8923150)
https://www.richmond-news.com/news/t...lot-1.23462159

FailFish

Honestly, I hope this elderly lady will never attempt to drive again, nor will her family allow her to drive again.

You don't even need to tell her to stop driving. I'd be surprised if she didn't piss herself.

This is one thing I never understand about North America: why are people who are old as fuck allowed to drive?

When I say "old as fuck", I mean if you are old and you are just not physically fit enough to drive anymore. If you are 90 years old but you are still capable of being aware of your surroundings, by all means, but if you can't, please get off the road, for everyone's sake.

I know China has an age cap for getting a driver's license(I think 70), and after you are 65 years old, you have to pass an annual physical examination to keep driving.

I remember there is a restaurant below the store I worked at, and there was one time I went there for lunch and the window's all boarded up, and one of the wooden pillars was also snapped. I asked what happened and they said some old fuck reversed into the restaurant, and that was not the first or even second time that has happened. My manager that was working when it happened said it felt like a minor earthquake for him...

Tr1ll 10-12-2018 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8923157)
You don't even need to tell her to stop driving. I'd be surprised if she didn't piss herself.

This is one thing I never understand about North America: why are people who are old as fuck allowed to drive?

When I say "old as fuck", I mean if you are old and you are just not physically fit enough to drive anymore. If you are 90 years old but you are still capable of being aware of your surroundings, by all means, but if you can't, please get off the road, for everyone's sake.

I know China has an age cap for getting a driver's license(I think 70), and after you are 65 years old, you have to pass an annual physical examination to keep driving.

I remember there is a restaurant below the store I worked at, and there was one time I went there for lunch and the window's all boarded up, and one of the wooden pillars was also snapped. I asked what happened and they said some old fuck reversed into the restaurant, and that was not the first or even second time that has happened. My manager that was working when it happened said it felt like a minor earthquake for him...

Something something discrimination

UnknownJinX 10-12-2018 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tr1ll (Post 8923164)
Something something discrimination

Do I really need to do this?

TL; DR: Old people should be examined on a regular interval to see if they are fit for driving.

It's not discrimination, it's a scientific fact that you start to react slower as you age.

Just don't come crying when some coffin dodger hit you because they can't see shit.

Teriyaki 10-12-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8923169)

TL; DR: Old people should be examined on a regular interval to see if they are fit for driving.

It's not discrimination, it's a scientific fact that you start to react slower as you age.

Just don't come crying when some coffin dodger hit you because they can't see shit.

Agreed. If there is a minimum age, there should be a maximum age.

J-Chow 10-12-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8923169)

Lets just be fair to everyone....

Mandatory yearly driving / knowledge exams for everyone :lawl:

I'll let myself out the door. :pokerface:

winson604 10-12-2018 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8923157)

Lol my wifes grandma has this male friend and they hang like every day. Dudes like a family friend basically and is quite messed, can't walk on his own, can barely hear, but yet drives. I asked her the other day like shit are you sure you want to be in his car? Oh his driving leg is fine though :pokerface:

68style 10-12-2018 01:19 PM

His driving "leg" eh? :ifyouknow:

GS8 10-12-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

This reminds me when I'm on Tinder and I see a cute Asian girl. I find myself asking 'Can she get a VI for her voice being too loud?'