REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   There needs to be a new law to govern the knob cyclists on the road (https://www.revscene.net/forums/715467-there-needs-new-law-govern-knob-cyclists-road.html)

Zanity 10-17-2018 05:07 PM

There needs to be a new law to govern the knob cyclists on the road

I'm sorry, if you cut through 100 cars cycling between lanes, then rides in the middle of the lane to block all the cars behind, you don't get to play the pedestrian privilege card when cars try to pass you. There needs to be a new law governing these selfish moron cyclists who thinks they can do whatever they want, zero courtesy to others, then when cars cut them off, they start yelling like a pedestrian that just almost got hit.

320icar 10-17-2018 05:08 PM

There is a law, and it’s the same one we obey while we drive.

Zanity 10-17-2018 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8924011)

most cyclists doesn't think so.

extracrunchie 10-17-2018 06:01 PM

I dont like they argue cars have to share the road and yet they dont follow the rules. Sure I will share the road when the cyclists are enforced to purchase plates for their bikes.

welfare 10-17-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8924011)

Law of natural selection?

Zanity 10-17-2018 07:58 PM

So this morning when I went to work, a dick cyclist cuts in front of all cars and gets in the middle so no one pass him. This afternoon when I came home, I was at the intersection with my signal on to turn right, this retard cyclist squeezed between the curb to get right in front of me, blocking me from turning right, when i looked at him, he gives me the finger... ya ok.

anti-vip 10-17-2018 08:03 PM

I'm sorry but screw the cyclists. They hold up traffic, cut people off, the stop signs and traffic light are mere suggestion to them and most of all the don't pay shit to be on the road. Who gonna pay if they hit somebody? like fuck I'm irritated typing this...arg

Zanity 10-17-2018 08:07 PM

Then there's the homeless cyclist trying to scam people, they hide in the blind spot of a car, when the driver is looking left for traffic so she can turn right, the homeless cyclist jump in front of the car hoping they get hit and get rich. I've seen this shit happen.

bcrdukes 10-17-2018 08:26 PM

fuck you op

whitev70r 10-17-2018 08:41 PM

No new laws will prevent those situations you encountered. Just need someone to enforce existing laws.

Sounds like you'd like that mayoral candidate, Wai Young who is anti Robertson bike lanes.

UnknownJinX 10-17-2018 08:49 PM

Just checking: cyclists are allowed to be in the middle of the road if there is a sign that says "Single File." Even has a picture on it that shows a car behind a bicycle. You aren't calling them dicks in these areas, correct?

Otherwise, I agree that some cyclists need to be taught the rules. As a cyclist myself(I ride a bike to the gym on a regular basis now), the 2 biggest things that upset me are the lack of hand signals from cyclists(getting a little better recently, though), and the fact that some of them are too cheap to buy a set of lights for riding at night.

I don't ride on big roads without bike lanes, but honestly, I think it's reasonable for a cyclist to stay behind a car at a stoplight. Cars are much faster than bicycles, so cars will end up passing the bicycle all over again when the light turns green and that's really annoying.

This probably makes me a dick to some people, but I do sometimes veer to the right a little bit if I am stopped at a red light to block a cyclist that I passed(on a road without bike lanes, of course)... It's better for everyone, really.

Zanity 10-17-2018 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8924048)
fuck you op

:awwyeah: karma will take care of shits like you.

GLOW 10-17-2018 08:58 PM

Quote:

fuck you op

:noyoudidnt:

http://i.imgur.com/Z1iAK.gif

TOPEC 10-17-2018 09:03 PM

https://www.google.ca/maps/@49.27714...7i16384!8i8192

turning left at this intersection is so frustrating. u have bikers coming south n turning right to head west bound who has the right of way, fine no stop sign fair game. then at the end of day the same ppl r getting off work these same bikers heading east bound turning left to head north blasts through the stop sign. i once had a biker tried to turn in front of me n stop to give me the wtf gesture, i told him he has a stop sign n he needs to stop, biker gives me the finger n rides away :lawl:

fuck bikers

BMW135i 10-18-2018 12:16 AM

They share the same road as car yet pay no insurance

GS8 10-18-2018 12:46 AM

This was satisfying to watch

AzNightmare 10-18-2018 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GS8 (Post 8924090)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vCPxkBc9I0

This was satisfying to watch

Wow. I remember this. This was a few years back. I actually know someone that knows that driver in the video.

Zanity 10-18-2018 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8924091)
Wow. I remember this. This was a few years back. I actually know someone that knows that driver in the video.

do u know the full story? i'm sure the cyclist deserved it

mdnx 10-18-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMW135i (Post 8924088)
They share the same road as car yet pay no insurance

Agreed. If they use the road they should pay insurance.

If driver gets into an accident with a biker where the biker is at fault, the driver is the one who has to pay for it. how is that fair?

originalhypa 10-18-2018 10:57 AM

Quote:

fuck you op

https://media.giphy.com/media/26BRJl...fyY8/giphy.gif

:troll:

R. Mutt 10-18-2018 11:16 AM

What’s frustrating as well is we pay tax for the privilege of driving on the road. These roads are maintained via said tax revenue. Cyclists pay no such tax yet get access not only to the road but entire cycle only lanes as the population and thus traffic continue to increase. We live in a city where it rains for what...six to eight months out of the year? Let’s give cyclists their own lane and contest traffic even more while people are trying to get to work in the morning because a few people want to ride their bikes like bad asses in the rain. Common sense that’s not so common.

Eff-1 10-18-2018 01:40 PM

As a car driver and cyclist, I can say 100% that car drivers are assholes when it comes to bikes. Get out my way, i'm faster than you and have no patience.

On the other hand, I can say 100% that yes, cyclists think the rules of the road do not apply to them. Run the red light? Sure!

Unfortunately this will always be like oil and water and will never mix.

I support the idea of continuing to build more bike lanes and designated bike routes to keep them separated as much as possible. That is honestly the only solution that works.

prudz 10-18-2018 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eff-1 (Post 8924192)
As a car driver and cyclist, I can say 100% that car drivers are assholes when it comes to bikes. Get out my way, i'm faster than you and have no patience.

On the other hand, I can say 100% that yes, cyclists think the rules of the road do not apply to them. Run the red light? Sure!

I support the idea of continuing to build more bike lanes and designated bike routes to keep them separated as much as possible. That is honestly the only solution that works.

This sums it up nicely.

Zanity 10-18-2018 03:33 PM

Quote:

I must strongly disagree, our downtown is in chaos because of the bike lanes, have you seen how dangerous it is to make a right turn when cyclists do not obey traffic rules ? They could care less about blind spots, and the amount of cyclists vs drivers using the road... I think I'll stop here before I explode on this issue again. That being said, there are good cyclists too, this morning coming to work, a cyclist stopped at an intersection stop sign and waited for traffic (with no stop sign), I then stopped purposely to let him through, he thanked me, bottom line is, if you're not being a dick on the road, people will treat you with respect.

UnknownJinX 10-18-2018 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanity (Post 8924224)
Quote:

I must strongly disagree, our downtown is in chaos because of the bike lanes, have you seen how dangerous it is to make a right turn when cyclists do not obey traffic rules ? They could care less about blind spots, and the amount of cyclists vs drivers using the road... I think I'll stop here before I explode on this issue again.

I also see bike lanes as the solution. Separate the two groups of people and problem solved. Drivers don't have to stay behind a slow cyclist, and cyclists don't have to worry about being run over.

Admittedly, it's not the most ideal solution, but what are the other solutions?

I can think of 2, and both are worse than bike lanes:

1. Tell the cyclists to ride on the sidewalk. Admittedly, this is what some of my friends do if they have to ride on a busy street without bike lanes for their own safety. Problem is, this is illegal by the book, so they will be fined if a cop sees them do it. Also, we will eventually have pedestrians who are pissed at cyclists, so there will still be arguments, just with a different group of people.

2. Basically tell the cyclists to just F off and not ride. This is even less feasible and it will cause a huge backlash.

As for having cyclists paying for the road usage, this is about just as realistic. Expect environmentalists to scream at you.

Again, I agree that some cyclists are a-holes and need to be ticketed, but bike lanes are probably the best solution we have now. Cyclists just need to know how to use them properly. Perhaps you have a better solution for this dilemma?