REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   I went to vote today and saw this... ... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/715477-i-went-vote-today-saw.html)

Zanity 10-20-2018 11:47 AM

Strange crash at Brentwood Today

What a shame, the 645ci looked mint, no idea how the merc has broken both sides of his rear bumper... another case of gas for brake pedal ? Seems he hit quite hard to push the bimmer that far.

https://scontent.fsea1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...27&oe=5C898F88

https://scontent.fsea1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...8f&oe=5C8863D4

https://scontent.fsea1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...24&oe=5C5363CF

yray 10-20-2018 11:59 AM

https://i.redd.it/j0vlxgsl3et11.jpg

from reddit

Zanity 10-20-2018 12:00 PM

ah, that explained a lot

GS8 10-20-2018 03:43 PM

I don't understand what I'm supposed to be looking at?

All I see is a typical Richmond parking lot.

Badhobz 10-20-2018 04:19 PM

The Merc did the bmw guy a favor. :lawl: :troll:

The real crime is that poor peasant sentra.

Zanity 10-20-2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 8924593)
The Merc did the bmw guy a favor. :lawl: :troll:

The real crime is that poor peasant sentra.

:alonehappy: well, that 645ci looked mint, probably enough to be totaled tho considering it's a 14 year old car

bcrdukes 10-20-2018 07:27 PM

Too bad that Mercedes didnt' back into a cyclist, eh? Shit.

dark0821 10-20-2018 08:47 PM

I know the owner of the Merc driver... hes a realtor (high school friend).

He said, he parked and went in to vote... heard a loud bang.... came out... and yea.... shit!

R1CED` 10-20-2018 09:02 PM

1. cause a scene
2. everyone runs outside to see
3. RIG SUM VOATS
questionmark x3
profit

white rocket 10-20-2018 10:45 PM

Pretty much sums up my anxiety when driving in Richmond. These out of control vehicle collisions are just that, out of control. So commonplace that there are facebook pages dedicated to it just for Richmond. At least aggressive, road rage-y drivers are paying attention to what they're doing. I can't even imagine how I would react if a BMW/Mercedes/whatever backed into my car and the driver got out and just looked at me all dumbfounded like "what happened?"

Keep giving them licenses though, ya, that's working out really good :thumbsup: :rukidding:

68style 10-20-2018 11:54 PM

Well... I have lived and driven in Richmond for 23 years now and the only time my car has ever been hit was when a white guy drove down the wrong side of the road head on into me.

Not saying there aren’t a lot of morons from China here...... but the danger level is highly exaggerated.

originalhypa 10-20-2018 11:59 PM

^
Come on man. You can't defend Richmond mainlanders and how they drive. Srsly.

#fuckrichmond
#fuckchina

That is all.

AzNightmare 10-21-2018 12:16 AM

Mainlanders are everywhere now...

It's probably why I don't really notice much of a difference when I'm in Vancouver either now.

68style 10-21-2018 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8924671)
^
Come on man. You can't defend Richmond mainlanders and how they drive. Srsly.

#fuckrichmond
#fuckchina

That is all.

Maybe you should read the post again, I didn’t, I just said the danger levels were exaggerated.

I agree with someone in another thread that I could honk my horn like 5 times in every trip I take at incompetent drivers but talking like your car will be wrecked the second you cross the bridge into here? Interesting that hasn’t happened to me in a million+ kilometres of driving here then unless I’m insanely lucky... more like people exaggerate.

Badhobz 10-21-2018 05:43 AM

I’ve been in richmond for 10 years (moved in from east van) and yes I agree that overall Richmond is Kind of an okay place to drive. Not to park but driving is alright if you stay away from the shithole known as no3 road or westminister hwy

Here’s why
1) Richmond drivers on average drive slower than anyone else in the gvrd. Most people (especially the Chinese) boot around town at about 50. You can dodge them easy enough due to the wide streets

2) Richmond has quite a few alternatives from busy streets. You can horizontally cut across the city with Granville / Williams / blundell / Francis. If you need to go north/south no 1,2,4,5 all work

3) park a weee bit further away and you’ll save yourself a lot of aggravation. In most cases I’ve found that the Chinese here don’t really want to exercise and they’ll wait for minutes to find a closer parking spot ala Costco.

4) they hate changing lanes. The Ah mo’s and Bak’s just stay in one lane (usually the fast lane) most of the time and refuse to leave it while driving 45. This ain’t bad on a 2 lane wide street but it’s death on a narrow st like Williams or Francis

thumper 10-21-2018 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GS8 (Post 8924591)
I don't understand what I'm supposed to be looking at?

All I see is a typical Richmond parking lot.

is this brentwood mall in burnaby? it looks like the back lot of the old sears location.

fliptuner 10-21-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark0821 (Post 8924642)
I know the owner of the Merc driver...

The Merc driver is a slave? :awwyeah:

Spoiler!

teggy604 10-21-2018 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thumper (Post 8924688)
is this brentwood mall in burnaby? it looks like the back lot of the old sears location.

yup. looks like brentwood mall to me as well.

!Aznboi128 10-21-2018 10:21 AM

The rear end of that Merc is pretty strong.

white rocket 10-21-2018 12:41 PM

I grew up in Richmond so seeing what it was in the 80's, then the 90's when I started to drive, then post 2000, and then in the last 8 years or so. It has gotten progressively worse with each stage of time so I guess I see it as an absolute epidemic comparatively speaking.

I've had SO many close calls where evasive maneuvers were required and if I was looking away for a second it would have been a disaster. When a driver almost causes a huge collision and doesn't even realize it, then gets called out for it and has the deer-in-the-headlights look it is just maddening. I wish those incidents were with non-Asian drivers so I wouldn't look like such a racist piece of shit but none of them were. None. At least in other areas of the lower mainland you get a mix of new drivers and road rage-y types so it seems to even out. Richmond is full of absentee-ism and cluelessness mixed with wealthy entitlement. It's not a good mix IMO.

extracrunchie 10-21-2018 05:12 PM

My wife always say I have too much road rage, I'm like have you seen how these idiots drive????!!!

Not always chinese(all asians) though, but mostly youngsters talking on the phone and older folks that just doesnt know their surroundings.

R1CED` 10-21-2018 05:55 PM

can you imagine if Ditchmond still had ditches? towing companies would make a killing there

JSALES 10-21-2018 06:14 PM

I feel like some drivers in Richmond just signal and lane change without shoulder checking and just assume that the driver in the other lane is just going to slow down to let them in. I don’t know how many times I’ve almost been hit because of that.

BIC_BAWS 10-21-2018 07:58 PM

Richmond Drivers -> Shitty/Dangerous Drivers thread. I grew up in Richmond, it's pretty bad. My Hawk HP+ might be annoying on the street, but it's saved me countless times from t-boning someone who decided to cut out in front of me.

originalhypa 10-22-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68style (Post 8924679)
Maybe you should read the post again, I didn’t, I just said the danger levels were exaggerated.

I read it again and see what you mean. But I believe that the danger level isn't exaggerated. I have had so many close calls in Richmond. Far more than in Vancouver, the valley, etc. I'm talking about completely avoidable situations too. People nearly sideswiping me in traffic, people making late decisions that put themselves and others in danger. And people who believe that the traffic laws are based on your income.

It blows me away, because the Chinese invented like, everything. From gunpowder and paper, to booze. Yet the simple use of an automobile confounds so many.