REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 11-04-2018, 10:40 PM   #26
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
Finished game. Man it was a long grind. Graphics was superb, soundtrack (really really loved the 3 songs they had playing at the end & all the other close to finale cut scenes) was awesome and overall just a super solid game.

Few issues:

-it would hang during a mission causing me to reboot. So pissed. Happened to me twice.
-a lot of weird compute glitches.. most memorable was a) a random case of beer would be floating on a road. b) during a dramatic romantic scene on a boat, a revolver would appear instead of his hand.
-ONE big thing about GTA versus Red Dead 2 is the ability to REVERSE. like WTFFFFF sometimes the carriage won't allow me to back up. So I can't do ANYTHING a) one time I had to just kill myself b) other time I had to just wait and 2 minutes later the game realized the horse carriage was stuck and says I'm dead and start again.
-GTA.. when you need a ride you call a cab or you just steal a car... in Red Dead... you literally can't just find a car to drive, you have to wait forever to steal a horse. I was so pissed.
-random acts of kindness did pay off at the end for me; dude told me to go pick anything at a gun store. Pump action shotgun was the BEST as it was super hard to come by. Everything else was eventually found but semi-automatic pump action shotgun was hard to find.
-GTA, you drive a car and you hit a bump / rock etc and you do a crazy flip and meh... you get thrown out of a car... in Red Dead... your horse just dies... leaving you stranded at butt fuck no where. Epic gay as fuck. ahahha
-looting was "fun" at the beginning but at the end it was useless cause you tend to have too much money from jobs to use it on anything.
-crafting was literally useless. I didn't use any potions that I crafted and each time I needed to craft shit, i needed like 2 more items as it was hard to find unique items.
-like any open world game; there is a fine line when it's the same mission / "one last job to save the day/earn a pay / make right" and it seems to be beaten to death.
-the last bit of the game was great, I didn't think they needed an epilogue to be honest. Then again, they needed a different ending compared to Red Dead 1.
-characters were great, you really got the feel for them until the same shit / scheme / deal always turns sideways.
-voice acting was MUCH MUCH better in this.
-there are chinese people and they will yell out chinese if you bump into you ahahaha
-strong presence with a female role in this which was pretty cool.

all in all, i only play call of duty type shooting games but GTA 5 was the 1st open world I played and it was legit, then Red Dead 1, then The last of us and now Red Dead 2. Truly a solid game.
Advertisement

Last edited by 6793026; 11-05-2018 at 11:08 PM.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 07:54 PM   #27
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
My expectations coming into a game like RDR2 is that it'll be slow, realistic, and the impending sense of danger/survival is what drives the game rather than fast-paced mayhem.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 08:26 AM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

if anyone wants to sell their copy for the PS4 after finishing the game, let me know.
Koflach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 09:49 AM   #29
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
what size screen r u guys playing on? i find the menu/maps/text extremely hard to read. im on a 60" screen sitting about 4m away
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #30

55” probably like 3-4 m away

I don’t find it difficult to read.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:30 PM   #31

couldn't play on a real screen so i hid in my man cave to play at weird hours of the night; 32 in monitor and sat 1.5 M away, no problem at all.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:32 PM   #32
Need my Daily Fix of RS

64" but 1080p
~3m...no problem reading the texts
R1CED` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:32 PM   #33
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
damn i must be getting old then
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:24 AM   #34
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,193 Times in 2,275 Posts
hunting for satchels and perfect pelts+legendary animals

zomg

can u do this after you beat the game or u have to do all this prior?
Tim Budong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:26 AM   #35

Does it do you any good to have them after you’ve beaten the game?
Old 11-07-2018, 10:40 AM   #36

if you get some legendary animals, the pelts and horns etc gets u better crafting at the fence giving you a better edge.

Fence: Bear Claw Talisman (Decreases health core drain by 10%). Beaver Tooth Trinket (Slows weapon degradation by 10%) Boar Tusk Talisman (Decreases drain speed of horse health and stamina by 10%) etc

Just make sure you have the right weapons before you go hunting.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2018, 07:11 AM   #37
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

I did all the hunts for the satchel in chapter3 hahaha

so far only have done the legendary fox and buck

i just got to the break in chapter 5....
HOLYFUCK...
Old 11-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #38

Legendary buck before you even try hunting.

Increases your pelt level by 1 (perfect pelts from Good and Pristine animals with 1-shot kills with the correct weapon).

Can be found northwest of Strawberry near the trapper. Beware of cougars, grizzlies, and wolves. Need to do Hosea’s hunting quest in chapter 2 before you can hunt legendary animals.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:25 PM   #39
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Legendary buck before you even try hunting.

Increases your pelt level by 1 (perfect pelts from Good and Pristine animals with 1-shot kills with the correct weapon).

Can be found northwest of Strawberry near the trapper. Beware of cougars, grizzlies, and wolves. Need to do Hosea’s hunting quest in chapter 2 before you can hunt legendary animals.
I was wondering about this, I think there might be a glitch. I got the legendary buck a while ago and I seem to be getting a lot of "good" pelts from killing "pristine" animals.

I can't seem to figure out why that is. I always get one shot kill head shots. I thought maybe it was because sometimes I was using express rounds but I still have the same issue using regular rounds. And yes I am using the recommended weapons for each animal when this is happening.
DGN23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:15 PM   #40

Hmmmm, try using dead eye? The perfect kill areas are shaded red (generally around the neck area). Maybe it's only 1-shot with the bow that gives perfect pelts and you have to hit the perfect kill areas still with a gun?

Bagged 7 perfect deer pelts near camp tonight in 2 in-game days (plus a perfect rat and a perfect northern cardinal), all with arrows (normal for deer, small game for the rat and bird). One of the deer was a stomach shot, followed it until it dropped, and waited for it to die (didn't knife it) and got a perfect pelt.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #41
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,398 Times in 5,090 Posts
^ no wonder you haven't been posting much Canucks anaylsis recently
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-16-2018, 03:47 PM   #42
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
this game is starting to sound better than GTA 5....what do you guys think?
Old 11-16-2018, 06:14 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Money View Post
this game is starting to sound better than GTA 5....what do you guys think?
Personally, I’d say it’s much better, but it probably depends on your preferences. RDR2 is a much slower-paced game with more RPG elements. Obviously a lot less satire as well.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #44
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
The more I read about this game I'm starting to have mixed feelings about it. I'm definitely going to play it, but is it 'too real'? Like having to brush your horse and take care of it, feed yourself or get sluggish etc.

Does it take away from just wanting to play for a couple hours and do some missions?
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:18 PM   #45
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,803 Times in 3,899 Posts
I can see the 'nanny' work turning people off, for me it's worth the trouble because the game world is absolutely unprecedented

what pisses me off is bounty doesn't clear when you die, so when you accident bump into someone in town with your horse and it's like automatic 4-star wanted level and they send the fucking calvary after you lmao

so once I'm wanted, I don't even fight it...I just put the controller down...go grab some snacks/take a piss and let the AI police kill me...then I come back and try again
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 08:22 PM   #46
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Yeah that sounds annoying hopefully they can patch it to not be so sensitive at some point.

I love GTA because you can cause shit and if you escape the police it's done with, it's not tied with you until you pay it off.
MarkyMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 09:28 PM   #47
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

once u fully bond wth a horse, not much grooming needs to happen, brushing it became a habit

having high honour pays off, and is a trophy as well