REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Is it 2001 again? Aka, why do I want undercar lighting thread. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/715800-2001-again-aka-why-do-i-want-undercar-lighting-thread.html)

Berzerker 01-23-2019 11:34 AM

Post up some shit!!!

Berz out.

originalhypa 01-23-2019 11:49 AM

I have to rehost it all.
No way am I paying PB's fees. It's grand larceny!

edit: Damn, that was easy.



Revscene drag meet.
https://i.imgur.com/JP6bFal.jpg
I miss these wheels so much.

My old Carlssons
https://i.imgur.com/Y8727JV.jpg

Old school Dale's meet
https://i.imgur.com/9UG6pxa.jpg

Dales meet again
https://i.imgur.com/uDvcx6Y.jpg

jstbstn's car
https://i.imgur.com/zhrU0ZL.jpg


And you can't have a rice thread without this classic Z3.
https://i.imgur.com/vi54HG9.jpg

#Z3guy
it was such a cool car back in the day.


And one of the oldest pics I have, circa 1994.
https://i.imgur.com/9ZoMsGg.jpg
Yes, it's a hachi on 13" wire wheels. I was obviously confused about my identity back then :lol

Berzerker 01-23-2019 01:09 PM

Holy fuck. Awesome hahaha. Dude I've been looking for all kinds of nostalgic rims for my Element. I would love a set of wires but I can't find any. Z3Guys was off the hook back then. #bringbackrice

Berz out.

freakshow 01-23-2019 01:26 PM

hawkeye sti limited :drool

Mikoyan 01-23-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzNightmare (Post 8936858)
But what about the VI situation?

Advise the officer that it's increasing visibility for officer safety. You wouldn't want him hit by a passing vehicle that didn't see him as he was on the ground inspecting underneath.

Mancini 01-23-2019 02:01 PM

It never occurred to me to try and use my car to get girls. Nor did I think they’d be interested in that. My car was always just for me.

Berzerker 01-23-2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancini (Post 8937066)
It never occurred to me to try and use my car to get girls. Nor did I think they’d be interested in that. My car was always just for me.

My car got me laid many times haha. Cruise Robson, pick up girls, then head to the races.

Berz out.

Dragon-88 01-23-2019 02:13 PM

Got a couple buddies looking for JDM S15's since they'll eventually go up in price. It brought back memories looking at these cars, the body kits, aftermarket guages, oldschool aftermarket alpine decks and sounds systems. The flashy accessories too.. LOL

Badhobz 01-23-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 8937069)
My car got me laid many times haha. Cruise Robson, pick up girls, then head to the races.

Berz out.

My old family Sentra got me laid more than any other car I've owned.
Probably cuz
1) I was hunting
2) it had a sr20de which I told all the girls (they didn't care).
3) it was gold.. yes gold!
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...san_Sentra.jpg

white rocket 01-23-2019 04:06 PM

Cot damn!!! That's incredible. I still love the AE86 and I still love wires. I would do this today to one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8937036)
And one of the oldest pics I have, circa 1994.
https://i.imgur.com/9ZoMsGg.jpg
Yes, it's a hachi on 13" wire wheels. I was obviously confused about my identity back then :lol


Hondaracer 01-23-2019 04:26 PM

i remeber a guy in the hood had a CRX on wires, they stuck out even more than Hypa's lol

prelude_prince 01-23-2019 05:38 PM

You're not the only one. The riceboi in me still wants some neon. Although I'm not sure about underglow, but I've seen some neon'd out interiors here in HK, been thinking of getting it for my model x.


stuff like this

On another note, I was always a fan of Varad (LED scanners etc) back in the 90s, I actually bought some of their scanners (was actually pretty hard to source) for my new car, but once they arrived I was reluctant to install them lol.

underscore 01-23-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8937036)
I have to rehost it all.
No way am I paying PB's fees. It's grand larceny!

They changed their minds about the fees so everything from there works again. Which is nice when I dig up some ancient DIY guide.

twitchyzero 01-23-2019 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikoyan (Post 8937065)
Advise the officer that it's increasing visibility for officer safety. You wouldn't want him hit by a passing vehicle that didn't see him as he was on the ground inspecting underneath.

honestly my first thought reading this thread
as long as it's not blue & red to confuse with emergency vehicles somehow, underglow only helps with visbility just like the illegal rear fogs...the distraction angle is a stretch

punkwax 01-24-2019 08:00 AM

Buddy of mine had an Integra RS with hella poked 13” wires and a phantom top back in the 90’s. It was easily one of the coolest cars in my HS parking lot.

Berzerker 01-24-2019 09:56 AM

oh shit I forgot about phantom tops! Now we just wrap shit instead.

I got pulled over for my underglow once and the cop said "What if Gramma is driving down the road and sees a UFO coming the other way and loses focus and crashes?" He actually said that. My response was "If gramma thinks a car driving around is a UFO maybe gramma shouldn't be driving." He laughed and handed me my ticket. lol

Berz out.

originalhypa 01-24-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancini (Post 8937066)
It never occurred to me to try and use my car to get girls. Nor did I think they’d be interested in that. My car was always just for me.

Well la-di-da to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 8937069)
My car got me laid many times haha. Cruise Robson, pick up girls, then head to the races.

Now this guy knows whats up.
But Robson eh...... My tastes tended to sway more towards Maple Ridge and Surrey girls. A Surrey 10 is a Robson 7.

:lol

My 98' Prelude (which was new at the time) actually got me laid twice. Bless the girls who were willing to do whatever it took to sit shotgun next to me.

BrokeBack

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8937091)
i remeber a guy in the hood had a CRX on wires, they stuck out even more than Hypa's lol

The Honda lowriders were so funny, as they had fwd offsets. So a 4x100 that would fit a VW flush would stick out on a Honda by a few inches. Then we would go with reverse offsets, which totally threw everything off.

I have to find some pics of my 89' Accord with 100 spoke roadstars, and a 3 pump hydraulic setup. The rumors were true about putting hydros on a unibody. I bent the car pretty quickly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by prelude_prince (Post 8937100)
On another note, I was always a fan of Varad (LED scanners etc) back in the 90s, I actually bought some of their scanners (was actually pretty hard to source) for my new car, but once they arrived I was reluctant to install them lol.

I found one of my old VARAD led scanners in a box the other day, along with my old VTEC controller.

I'll donate those to the cause if someone wants to recreate a 90's nostalgia car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkwax (Post 8937160)
Buddy of mine had an Integra RS with hella poked 13” wires and a phantom top back in the 90’s. It was easily one of the coolest cars in my HS parking lot.

Damn, the phantom top.
My buddy Dennis used to do a couple of these every weekend for the car guys in Langley and Abbotsford. I helped him install one on my hachi, and also my Accord, but we also did a couple of Cadillac phantoms too. The amount of material for a 1979 Cadillac could have covered 2 Accord roofs.

:nicethread:

Berzerker 01-24-2019 01:17 PM

I lived in North Van so going to Robson was just a hop over the bridge. My civic with 2 15", and 4 10" Dr. Crankenstein subs shaking the shit out of downtown. I never got a ticket for noise pollution. One time pulled up to an intersection where the cops were patrolling before shutting it down for the night "You know turning it down doesn't really do much when I can feel the ground shaking from a block away." I just laughed and turned it back up when I was through the intersection.

Hmmm Maybe I should Phantom top my Element and Travel Trailer.....

Berz out.

ae101 01-24-2019 02:27 PM

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDAwWDUwMA...3.JPG?set_id=2
bazooka tubes, how can u guys forget about sound

http://verticaldoorsusa.com/images/_...cal-doors-.jpg
yes i thought this was sick back in the day and yes i would drool over that civic like that (i even had to find a pic from vertical doors USA, remember that brand where they use to advertise on tunner mags )

Badhobz 01-24-2019 05:47 PM

i still like this....
http://verticaldoorsusa.com/images/_...cal-doors-.jpg

punkwax 01-24-2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 8937205)
I lived in North Van so going to Robson was just a hop over the bridge. My civic with 2 15", and 4 10" Dr. Crankenstein subs shaking the shit out of downtown. I never got a ticket for noise pollution. One time pulled up to an intersection where the cops were patrolling before shutting it down for the night "You know turning it down doesn't really do much when I can feel the ground shaking from a block away." I just laughed and turned it back up when I was through the intersection.

Hmmm Maybe I should Phantom top my Element and Travel Trailer.....

Berz out.

Holy crap. I had two 10” competition Crankensteins in my accord and used to be able to drop a single bass note a block away from my friends house to let him know I’d be out front in a few seconds lol. 6 subs.. how’s your hearing? lol

And yes. Bring the phantom top back!

Also, hard no to that civic for me.. even back in those days. :badpokerface:

welfare 01-24-2019 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berzerker (Post 8937205)
I lived in North Van so going to Robson was just a hop over the bridge. My civic with 2 15", and 4 10" Dr. Crankenstein subs shaking the shit out of downtown. I never got a ticket for noise pollution. One time pulled up to an intersection where the cops were patrolling before shutting it down for the night "You know turning it down doesn't really do much when I can feel the ground shaking from a block away." I just laughed and turned it back up when I was through the intersection.

Hmmm Maybe I should Phantom top my Element and Travel Trailer.....

Berz out.

God. Sound systems. Nobody does them anymore. Not like before anyways.
Then again the stock systems were such crap back then.

Someone needs to do a legit throwback rice build up in here.
Heck I've probably got some rice buried I'd donate

mr00jimbo 01-25-2019 09:46 AM

The only thing I miss from 2001 is a double cheeseburger and fries for 2.95!

ae101 01-25-2019 10:02 AM

^
i like the tuna here:badpokerface:

Berzerker 01-25-2019 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkwax (Post 8937278)
Holy crap. I had two 10” competition Crankensteins in my accord and used to be able to drop a single bass note a block away from my friends house to let him know I’d be out front in a few seconds lol. 6 subs.. how’s your hearing? lol

And yes. Bring the phantom top back!

Also, hard no to that civic for me.. even back in those days. :badpokerface:

Hearing is good. The box was a wall behind the front seats with a 15" behind each persons head. 10 cubic feet per sub with dual 4" ports. Box was tuned for 30hz so it played really low. I added the 10" across the floor to make up for the higher bass notes. I had ear protection hanging from my rear view mirror :badpokerface: and kept the foam ear plugs in the glove box for passengers. I knocked pictures off walls from half a block away. Knocked the metal roof off of a gas station. Knocked a chip rack off the wall of subway. I never once received a noise ticket.

Berz out.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net