REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 02-04-2019, 05:38 PM   #1
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Apex Legends - Respawn's F2P Battle Royale shooter

As a huge Titanfall fan, and of earlier CoD games, I was pretty amazed that Respawn went and announced their new game, only to release it a few hours later.

I've never been into BR games at all, or online competitive shooters really. But I like the controls of TF's pilots so much that I gave this a shot.

An hour in and... well I kind of wish we got a new TF game instead

Anyone else give it a try? I think online multiplayer just may not be for me anymore, especially Battle Royale. I feel so lost out there.
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:45 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
looks amazing on twitch,long as you can handle yourself under pressure with quick Aim i think you would rock anyone in it,see a lot of small mistakes costing people the win in final 3 vs 3

saw 2 teammates run towards an entire team thinking the other team doesn't know how to play & get Wiped,than one single sniper left on our team just smoked every single Enemie while they were trying to scan play field with 2x scopes under pressure getting shot at...they started folding and trying to find cover just in a panic...We won.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:26 PM   #3

I think every time a new BR games comes out from a developer with history of other games, you'll get a bunch of new players joining. Like me, I would never play PubG or Fortnite, but I am definitely checking this out just because of the developer's history.

And yes, I will make a ton of mistakes like that.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:31 PM   #4
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

played a lot of duty's. didn't like fortnite. didn't like titanfall. never got into overwatch. i prefer pubg over blackout. i'll give this a whirl tomorrow.
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:15 PM   #5

Got my first win today

Streaming here

I can turn the mic on if people start watching
Old 02-05-2019, 11:30 PM   #6

People are wayyy too concerned about fighting pointless fights when outnumbered or outflanked, instead of just falling back and trying to get a better opportunity to fight later.

I am a noob but I definitely see a lot of shit play in my matchups. Even though I'm sure I'm shitty, I don't go out in an open field to fight pointlessly, or try to snipe people with my submachine gun Or my favourite is when they're bleeding out, but don't try to get to a concealed area to make it easier to heal

Meanwhile out of the other 59 players, several of them have been playing BR games for years, or playing this game non stop for 3 days
Old 02-06-2019, 10:53 AM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
So far I like the game. Totally different from what I am used to in PUBG but its not too hard to pick up.

It gets super hectic near the end with like 1 or 2 teams left. Everyone using their ulti's and those airstrikes... pretty crazy lol. I find there are not enough bullets in this game. Especially in the beginning. I am always running out in a middle of a gunfight.

I wish they have a squad of 4 instead of 3. All other BR games are squads of 4. I have 3 other friends that I usually play with and now one has to sit out lol.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:15 PM   #8
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
this game runs smoother for me on max then pubg and maybe even fortnite lol

add me on EA Origin // VANSTERDAM60420
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:34 PM   #9

Added you now... Come carry me!
Old 02-06-2019, 11:30 PM   #10
RS controls my life!

I like it so far... nice break from PUBG.....
209.247.83.192:27015
JackAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:27 AM   #11

Played for a couple hours last night. Have you guys experienced your game crashing? I crashed once randomly and so did my friend. Once you relaunch the game, you cant join in again like other BR games. I searched online, and game is still unstable and suggested to lower your graphics? Bought a rtx2080 to run on medium settings... Hopefully they will work out the bugs soon.

Havnt won a game yet but always been quite close. SO frustrating lol

add me gillyrules1234

2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
Old 02-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #12

Never had a crash, but I did get booted from one game.

I play mostly on medium too, because I want it to stay around 90 fps
Old 02-08-2019, 08:29 AM   #13
RS controls my life!

Crashed once... but never happened again... so far...

add me and carry me to be the legend BaByCaRsOn
209.247.83.192:27015
JackAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 04:20 AM   #14

gamerpro101 add me

got a few wins so far,lucked on some gamers late at night but since its free to play there is also some dog shit players.....just got shot down waiting for revive and was getting finished off than my noobie teamback was shooting him in the back and gets turned on...DIES...gg.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #15

low settings everything on 1070 gtx makes me hit 144 fps on the monitor and still looked as good as high settings...this is one of those games were you dont really need the eye candy but i didn't know a huge difference besides the lighting in game,Texture Streaming Budget - Insane (8GB VRAM) because i do have tons of ram to handle it

so much god damn easier to aim and take everything in because on high settings i'm quite sure i was hitting 70-80 fps and didn't seem as smooth as i'd like it,something felt off as hell for me

i'm still mastering the revolver that is overpowered as fuck...like two taps for armor gone and one more for downing them..you gotta wait for the animation of the gun finish firing and fire again,you shoot like a retard on full auto its gonna not gonna be doing anything,that will get you killed easily.

and moar tips....don't be a pussy to push smoke,so many times they would let one off and run back...i'd check corners or have digital threat being able to see them in smoke,just finishing them off.

lot of wannabe gamers,i don't know how many times i've downed teams because my G7 Scout was picking them off the roof and they would panic since 2 were down...i'd peek door and they'd run back...mean while im spiriting to the next door and they never see it coming...downed an entire team this way,Its even worse when they try for the instant revive and you down the medic like you're not gonna be running up on them..idiots...

also if you got good headphones you can hear them loud as hell trying to build shield up....you're a goner if your caught doing that and get rushed.

Last edited by Mr.Money; 02-10-2019 at 12:02 PM.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #16

Played alllllllllll day and all night last night. Got 2 wins (Wraith, Mirage) overall and a bunch of top 5's and top 3's.

Played 2 rounds with a friend who is a 21 year old girl who literally never plays games. She was Lifeline, and would just do drops for us, and try to stay in the circle. Did 0 damage in both games. 3rd players were randoms.

Game 1: Top 3
Game 2: Champions!

My main tip is batteries. Have them, use them constantly. Your inventory should be mostly batteries, and you should almost never ever be below 2 bars of shield, ever. If you're in a fight and have empty shields, pop an escape skill if you have one, and go use them. If they are dumb enough to chase, they won't be able to heal the damage you were hopefully doing to them, or your squad can keep pressuring them.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:26 AM   #17
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Got my first win last night. The game play is hyper quick. Utility and ultimate are so great if used properly.
Wingman and smokes/digital threat sight are OP...
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:29 AM   #18

Early wingman is way OP

I think that gun will see nerfs
Old 02-12-2019, 07:47 AM   #19
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Install the game but haven't try it yet....
How's the game so far.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Early wingman is way OP

I think that gun will see nerfs

wait till you have the last remaining 3 teams all carrying wingman shooting it out...was really stupid having people drop left & right and i instantly thought the same thing..it was pretty much who had perfect aim was winning that game..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
My main tip is batteries. Have them, just use them constantly. Your inventory should be mostly batteries,
yeah lot of times i had to back off and use shield battery or phoenix,seems to take forever to use cellbatteries,i'd do 2 max and run backl in just so i wouldn't get caught...plus it feels sketchy when you don't know if your noobie teammates can handle any battle....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Install the game but haven't try it yet....
How's the game so far.
its damn good,i'm afraid black op's battle royale and pubg might die off...long as they don't do any game breaking updates,for a free game this is insane when it feels better than pubg....i can't believe after paying 50 dollars for that game i bought like 50 in skins and got nothing for such a broken game still..

still so many tips to learn in this game,like Moly the door & back off to recharge your shield or heath....nobodys gonna be retarded enough to run into your fire that eats a shield like nothing....and if the circle is coming towards you on your side while another team is shooting outside it just wait in the building till they get pushed in....i got so kill hungry i wanted to go out there but waited like 4 minutes and team of 3 came rushing in...they all got pushed in and shot in the side than wiped the entire squad....they were so scared to face us and waited too long before the 2nd final circle really ate their health.

another little tip i saw was if your outside a portal you just made and think someones gonna come rushing in,try time a perfect grenade and soon as there out of you're portal,they're gonna get instant get downed if a grenade is right on their feet....EZ kill.

also you can use the Triple Take sniper rifle as a shotgun in tight area's....really pissed the hell off of a team 2vs1 in a tight hallway using it on them trying to attack me,instant downed one on 2nd shot...69 damage to body shots.

Last edited by Mr.Money; 02-12-2019 at 08:23 AM.
Mr.Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 08:38 AM   #21
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,275 Times in 434 Posts
Been playing for a couple of days and I've been enjoying it. I've played a lot of Fortnite in the early season but just couldn't really keep up with the building aspect of it. Got top 3 several times and won once so far.

On low settings I'm getting about 80-100fps (in the menus lol) on my 770, thinking about upgrading to a 2070 or something as my fps does drop a bit during bigger fights.

edit: i'm actually getting 40ish fps feels bad man

Last edited by ForbiddenX; 02-12-2019 at 07:42 PM.
ForbiddenX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 02:35 PM   #22
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

I have two 1080 in SLI with medium settings, and I'm getting about 100 fps during fights. It is still better than PUBG, but no where near the frame rate as Fortnite or CoD.
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:17 AM   #23

That feeling when both your teammates are dead and they watch you wipe out an entire squad and then you save them via dropship.

2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
This post thanked by:
Old 02-16-2019, 11:07 AM   #24
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,037 Times in 94 Posts
Does anyone who plays super aggressively want to group?

CrayonsGG
Amped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 03:58 PM   #25

Just a casual anecdote, but playing yesterday, the game seemed totally different than the last few days. None of the champ squads had more than 100+ kills.

I won 3 matches out of the 5 or 6 I played, and set a new personal record for kills in a game (12, not a crazy amount but for me it was good).

It seems the ban wave has had a positive effect on my experience, at least here in Asia. I still get potatoes for teammates who think Apex Legends is "a looting game with fights sometimes" but at least I am able to survive, avoiding cheaters, and have fulfilling, long lasting games (as long as I can get my teammates to push and stop looting endlessly)

I've reported several cheaters. I'm glad they are taking steps to ban the cheaters. I just hope they can keep up in the cat-and-mouse game.

Footage I took of one of the cheaters the other day: (this is spectating their view)