REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:44 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Lunar New Year 2019: What it means if you’re born in the Year of the Pig

This Lunar New Year, all the focus is on the pig.

Officially the Year of the Pig (or the boar), experts like Paul Ng, a feng shui master, philosopher and geomancer based in Toronto, said 2019 will be considered a “stable” year, a chance for many zodiac signs to restart.

“It’s almost like starting over again,” he told Global News. “It can mean major change… it’s going to be an interesting year.”

Speaking with Refinery 29, Shenzhan Liao, director of education at China Institute’s School of Chinese Studies, told the site there is nothing wrong when it comes to being a pig.

She added in Chinese cultures, pigs are considered disciplined, hard-working, social and friendly.

Year of the Pig: What to expect
People born in the years 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007 and 2019 are considered to fall under the Year of the Pig.

As the 12th zodiac animal, followers believe the pig represents a symbol of wealth — their big ears and chubby faces are also considered to be signs of good fortune.

But Ng added people born in the Year of the Pig may deal with some conflict in 2019. He recommended anyone born in these years to be more mobile (avoid sitting for long periods of time) and avoid gambling.

Breaking down his predictions of each zodiac sign, Ng believes work-wise, people born in the Year of the Pig who work with blood — think health care and even butchers— will have a favourable year.

“Those in travel, logistics or international trade would also do well,” he said in a statement.

When it comes to relationships, Ng predicted people born in these years should avoid getting married this year. “When in conflict, take a step back,” he explained, adding pigs should put themselves in their partner’s shoes.

For health, Ng recommended paying attention to exercise and taking time to rest in 2019.

Who will have a good year?
Ng also said people born in the Year of the Rabbit (1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987 and 1999) will have the best year. “You are likely the best of the 12 signs because you are connecting with the boar,” he wrote in his predictions.

Ng said rabbits will find promotions at work, romantic relationships and generally have a healthy year.

For those Canadians celebrating the Lunar New Year on Tuesday, Ng said most families and communities have their own traditions they follow. Family get-togethers, spring cleaning and, of course, feasts are often on people’s agendas. Sharing fortune in red envelopes is also popular in households.

Liao added others decorate their houses with red and gold. “In China, red and gold are considered lucky colours since they are believed to convey happiness and prosperity,” she said.

Ng said while only a small number of Canadians follow their zodiac predictions to a tee, many do like to keep researching what the year has in store for them.

He added for anyone interested in taking part of the Lunar New Year should consult a feng shui expert to take a look at their home. “This is to bring better energy [for 2019].”

Lunar New Year begins on the new moon that appears Feb. 5, and is celebrated in China, Vietnam, Taiwan, South Korea and many other regions in the world. Happy New Year!
Advertisement
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2019, 07:29 AM   #2
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Happy Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fai Cai!

-hope all the single guys, and girls, on RS get many blessings and red packets of $$$ during the new year.

Many events are happening in the Lower Mainland for the Lunar new year.

Jack Pool Plaza, Oakridge mall, art gallery, and of course Pacific centre, Richmond Centre and Aberdeen mall are having new year celebrations.

Check out the beautiful paintings at Oakridge mall by Italian painter Guisseppe Castiglione. Emperor Qianlong commissioned this 19th century painter to make beautiful paintings.

There will also be a VR headset available to get an immersive experience of life in the Emperor Qianlong's palace back in the day.

https://lunarfest.org/#

Free arts and crafts at Oakridge mall with pig lantern making for families.

FYI, Purdy's is giving out free chocolates at the Pacific Centre store. A staff in a Fortune God costume is giving out chocolate coins in red packets.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Happy new year guys!
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 12:27 PM   #4
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Happy Chinese New Year! Gong Xi Fai Cai!

-hope all the single guys, and girls, on RS get many blessings and red packets of $$$ during the new year.

Many events are happening in the Lower Mainland for the Lunar new year.

Jack Pool Plaza, Oakridge mall, art gallery, and of course Pacific centre, Richmond Centre and Aberdeen mall are having new year celebrations.

Check out the beautiful paintings at Oakridge mall by Italian painter Guisseppe Castiglione. Emperor Qianlong commissioned this 19th century painter to make beautiful paintings.

There will also be a VR headset available to get an immersive experience of life in the Emperor Qianlong's palace back in the day.

Free arts and crafts at Oakridge mall with pig lantern making for families.

FYI, Purdy's is giving out free chocolates at the Pacific Centre store. A staff in a Fortune God costume is giving out chocolate coins in red packets.
There are girls on RS?
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2019, 01:11 PM   #5
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,305 Times in 2,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post

You think they'll include the harem part in the VR experience?
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 02:08 PM   #6
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,383 Times in 1,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
You think they'll include the harem part in the VR experience?
Nope but I hear the Eunuch initiation simulation is (crotch) gripping.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 09:36 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

hot girls in Vr?
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:18 PM   #8
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,708 Times in 3,133 Posts
This year was fucked up man.

Richmond Kirin for dimsum = not all the tables were full, had a few open today
Dinner at Chef Tony = like half the resturant was empty ON NEW YEARS DAY. WTF!? where's all that china money? its like as soon as the anti corruption campaign kicked in back home, they all packed their shit and left.
Even the temple on no3 road today was quite empty compared to the last few years. Plus they ran out of Lucky windmills, WTF.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-05-2019, 11:49 PM   #9
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
haha
Old 02-06-2019, 07:09 AM   #10
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts

-won this artwork at a prize draw at work yesterday for a Chinese New Year celebration.

-paper cutting of a Chinese dragon.

-custom frame for this artwork is gonna be expensive after I made calls to framing companies. -about 100 bucks for a simple black frame because of the size 16 X 24.

-flip it on CL? ::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2019, 07:21 AM   #11
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,708 Times in 3,133 Posts
eruhhh..... i dont think its worth anything.
Badhobz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:10 AM   #12
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,069 Times in 1,253 Posts
they put scotch tape on it

RIP

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-06-2019, 12:13 PM   #13
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
eruhhh..... i dont think its worth anything.
Yeah lol
HonestTea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:35 PM   #14
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
I'd pay $2.00 for it.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote