REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 04-06-2019, 08:36 AM   #1
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Dress shirts

Anyone know where I can get some nice quality dress shirts? I love the lululemon stuff but I don’t want to fork out over $100 each. I plan on using them for work but I want it to feel fitted and comfortable.

Thanks
Advertisement
rsx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:03 AM   #2
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
wow, i didn't know lululemon has dress shirts now.
for me color is #1 and then the next choice is whether it is anti wrinkle.

You can start with going to the bay / men's wear house / winners for entry level, Nordstrom / Macy, then going to Holt Renfrew
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2019, 09:21 AM   #3
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
I had pretty good luck with RW
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-06-2019, 08:55 PM   #4
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I'm a fan of Brooks Brothers' shirts. Great for wearing for work, with or without a tie.

They have five different fitment types, and their sizing goes by neck and sleeve length (having said that, most decent/good brands do this). I find this approach works better as you can ensure the sleeves are just right, rather than too short or too long.

From time to time, they'll have a sale where you buy three and get a discount. Otherwise, they are pricey (in the Lulu range).
prolepsis is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2019, 09:09 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
If $100 is too much how about $80? Indochino shirts are pretty solid nowadays and they offer 5 shirts for $399. Pop in a store to get measured in 20 mins and it shows up in a couple weeks.

There are also a few Hong Kong shops that do drop-ins into Vancouver from time to time and you can order a batch for relatively cheap. Example: - - Welcome to Maxwells Clothiers - -
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2019, 01:32 PM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Since it's for work, you'll probably want to have a good variation of quantities rather than drop too much $$$ onto 1-2 shirts unless you plan to wear the same ones every other day.

I like the Calvin Klein shirts, I think when they are sale they are like $50-60 tax in. I like the fitment and also lasts longer than any other shirt I've bought from any department store. Not sure if the costs/sales has changed or still see them as I haven't bought a dress shirt in a long time.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-07-2019, 06:52 PM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

I usually go with ctshirts.com

It's a UK brand and they let you pick your fabric and customize the length, fitting, collar size, cuffs etc. About twice a year they'll have massive clearances and it works out to be $30 USD per shirt and just ship it to Blaine.
CT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-08-2019, 08:34 AM   #8
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
i'm guessing it doesn't have to be that dressy considering you were wearing lulu ones?
if you're not wearing it with a suit and tie, and it's a more casual style and fabric, then just get a few simple ones at uniqlo.
a step up in quality and dressiness would be like club monaco or jcrew but they would prob be around $100 as well if not on sale.
for even more formal i would go to brooks bros.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-09-2019, 07:29 AM   #9
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,341 Times in 970 Posts
^shit.. how did i not even think of uniqlo.. they are good for their value too!
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:11 PM   #10
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Since it's for work, you'll probably want to have a good variation of quantities rather than drop too much $$$ onto 1-2 shirts unless you plan to wear the same ones every other day.

I like the Calvin Klein shirts, I think when they are sale they are like $50-60 tax in. I like the fitment and also lasts longer than any other shirt I've bought from any department store. Not sure if the costs/sales has changed or still see them as I haven't bought a dress shirt in a long time.
This. I used to stock up on $20 shirts like 6-7 at a time. Then every 6 months donate them and buy another 5 (i keep the best of the previous batch as back up).

The Bay: Calvin Klien, Michael Kors
Banana Republic outlet

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-18-2019, 07:30 AM   #11
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 2,775 Times in 1,171 Posts
I actually like the Kirkland Signature dress shirts. I don't need to be too dressy, so these are very durable and comfortable. Eddie Bauer too.
fml
roastpuff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:58 AM   #12
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Banana Republic Non-Iron Grant Fit for me.