REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 04-09-2019, 10:41 AM   #1
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Keep vigilant. Fair/warm weather is bringing out the thieves

Gotta keep that head on a swivel, these days. One of my co-workers had her car broken into, and had her bag purse stolen. The thieves were watching her, and knew she would be going for a run because of her clothing. 20 min later, she comes back to car with a broken window. She contacted the credit card companies, immediately, but there were already charges going on the cards. Tap is fast and easy!

This happened in Fort Langley, yesterday afternoon. There were a lot of people around, and this still happened. These thieves have a clear MO, and it will likely happen again. No matter where you are, be aware!
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2019, 11:05 AM   #2
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Hope everything is ok with her friend. The worse thing about getting wallet stolen is that is a batch to call everything to let them know and get replacement for it (CC, ID, drivers liscense, health care card etc etc). That's why when I go swimming I only carry $20 cash and my house keys with me. I don't take my wallet just can't trust those lockers......
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #3
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,753 Times in 3,868 Posts
As someone who works on vehicles for a living and sit in 30 different cars a day, I can’t stress this kind of thing enough. Just about every car I get into has gps on dash, keys left in cup holders (usually apartment/building keys with gate remotes), purses and bags on seats. Change and cards left in cup holders..... seriously. It’s kind of insane

If you’re going for a run and need to leave your wallet in the car or something, put it in the trunk with the spare tire. Every thief is going to open the console/glove box/trunk, but under the trunk mat is probably the safest place (that’s where I usually find a condom stash/weed in people’s cars lol)
Old 04-09-2019, 12:10 PM   #4
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
As someone who works on vehicles for a living and sit in 30 different cars a day, I can’t stress this kind of thing enough. Just about every car I get into has gps on dash, keys left in cup holders (usually apartment/building keys with gate remotes), purses and bags on seats. Change and cards left in cup holders..... seriously. It’s kind of insane

If you’re going for a run and need to leave your wallet in the car or something, put it in the trunk with the spare tire. Every thief is going to open the console/glove box/trunk, but under the trunk mat is probably the safest place (that’s where I usually find a condom stash/weed in people’s cars lol)
My sister have had her sunglasses stolen from an underground parking lot. At fist she didn't notice it was stolen just though maybe she put it somewhere else but then she notice the changes in the cup holders went missing. Now she leaves nothing valueable in the car.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:50 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Never leave anything visible in my car, like literally nothing in the car.
One time though I was parked by china town eating with the family, my fiance brought along a gift box she made for her bridesmaid invitation and left in on the back seat. Bum walks up and smashes my glass in broad daylight and takes the box.
Nothing valuable in the box but there were custom ordered cards in there that couldn't be replaced which pisses me off.
Checked my dash cam and there were people nearby when it happened that didn't even flinch when the glass shattered.

You can see him peeking through every window as he walks by in the video. Is also dragging a cart, likely to toss in all his findings
Glass breaks a minute after this frame

Last edited by Peturbo; 04-10-2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: image
Peturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:13 AM   #6
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,584 Times in 4,318 Posts
#nothingtolose

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:29 PM   #7
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
Having one of those moments again, where I'm glad I left Vancouver
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 04-10-2019, 04:39 PM   #8
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
a wallet or a purse in plain view any where in the fucking world where there is known homeless people who inject on the street.....well maybe not japan but what the fuck?

This just in,the Sky is Blue.
Old 04-10-2019, 05:34 PM   #9
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

is it possible to crowbar the back doors open on a sedan without setting off the alarm?

my whole block got hit a couple months ago, and not a single car alarm went off
heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:28 PM   #10
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,118 Times in 530 Posts
Laws are slap on the wrist too. Basically any punishment is better than their current living.
highfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:00 PM   #11
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenberg View Post
is it possible to crowbar the back doors open on a sedan without setting off the alarm?

my whole block got hit a couple months ago, and not a single car alarm went off
if that's happening,possible some nerd near by has the codes copied from every automaker programmed into a wireless keyfob and is using it to unlock car doors wirelessly..

or...breaking the hood open and shorting the car battery to shutdown the alarm system.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:10 AM   #12
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

my truck was entered, and I was entered because me or my wife must have forgot to lock it last week, but thankfully nothing was stolen.

my pair of oakleys, her sunglasses, quite a few different gift cards, nice gloves, lulu yoga mat in the back etc.

Nothing taking just spread out on the seats.

Now, the next interesting bit of info is i've been seeing the same two scrubby homeless couple around my neighborhood. this morning saw them again and the woman went into the house across the street from me while the guy waited on the street with their bikes. they have backpacks, sleeping mats etc. i'm assuming the people renting across the street who look suspicious in their own rights (with two small kids) are up to something. very suspicious.

this is near coquitlam center.
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 01:27 AM   #13
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,402 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
my truck was entered, and I was entered because me or my wife must have forgot to lock it last week, but thankfully nothing was stolen.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:32 AM   #14

haha it felt like it
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 04-13-2019, 08:08 PM   #15
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
Remember to lock out the remote trunk release as well. My window got smashed 2 weeks ago outside my house in Vancouver. They didn't enter the car at all, nothing missing, nothing was out in the open other than a couple umbrellas and the snowbrush/ice scraper.

Best I can figure is they tried the trunk release, and it didn't open and they moved on. Couple other cars were broken into a few weeks before the block over too.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:06 PM   #16

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
The "enter" sexual innuendo has never been stronger. Haha!

Our cul-de-sac got hit a few weeks ago. More than one person checking for unlocked cars. Five people were hit and more up the block. They chose recycle night so residents think it's people checking for bottles/cans/etc. My wife is terrible for leaving her vehicle unlocked. I always hit the lock on the remote on both our vehicles when she goes to bed just to be safe.

I would not have pegged my area for such a brazen attempt considering it is a cul-de-sac with limited escape routes. I feel like crime in general is getting out of hand everywhere.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 11:59 AM   #17
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Car break in wasn't as much for a few years and now it's back again.

Here's my thread from 2014:
https://www.revscene.net/forums/6920...break-ins.html
LightKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 10:39 PM   #18
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

In the work parking lot I spotted a bunch of trophies in the backseat of my co-worker's car. I called her on it and told her to take them out and at least put them in the trunk. She said they're just trophies for kids, they aren't worth anything. I told her, doesn't matter, they look like stuff inside a car, worst yet they're shiny.

Less than a week later her car gets broken into at Metrotown...she had a laptop and iPad in the back seat under a sweater!!

I live in a decent area, nowhere near downtown, and yet I know for sure somebody comes by very often, probably nightly, to check cars. I remember washing my car and the next day seeing fingerprints on the back window.

Problem is, the city has no guts to do shit about it. The courts and city hall don't want to fix it. People who live downtown have to deal with people with power tools stealing their bikes and breaking into their underground parking repeatedly, apartment breakins, theft from vehicles in broad daylight, etc.
mr00jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 07:07 AM   #19
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,653 Times in 3,106 Posts
my little isolated cul-de-sac within a cul-de-sac in Richmond just got hit. my car, some neighbors, all got shit stolen from their cars. The weirdo didnt take my dash cam or my 200 dollar dog seat but took my 5 dollars worth of change. I guess I was lucky I left my car unlocked, otherwise, I would have had to replace the glass and the tint.
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 01:45 PM   #20
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

speaking of thieves :S
ricecookerboi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-13-2019, 02:03 PM   #21
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricecookerboi View Post
That looks like 41st and knight?

Smoke bombed.