REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-06-2019, 05:21 PM   #76
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,168 Times in 7,157 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
I suggested FCP in page 1. The only downside is that Touringteg is out in Victoria, it would be hard for him to get to a US PO box. US is almost always cheaper than Canadian retailers, EXCEPT when you get it shipped to Canada. Then there's brokerage fee, customs/duty. Whereas if you were to go down yourself, you don't always get taxed.
I absolutely don't have the time or patience to go down to save even a couple hundred. FCP is still a good deal, easy to get parts from, quick and pleasant. Convenience of being able to get all the good parts, OE, and OE quality aftermarket, shipped to my door is what matters to me.
Advertisement
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 08:41 PM   #77
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I will check out FCP. I can't go to a US PO Box but many here use Seawings. They are a freight forwarder that charges a fee to fly items from Blaine to Victoria Airport. Then I just have to clear it through customs. It does take a solid 1.5 to 2 hrs door to door for me so I would rather go to the dealer or FCP if they do Canada Post if the price isn't bad.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 11:02 PM   #78
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
I learned today why people keep spotting me but it's not me. I was walking down Alexandra and did a double take. There's was a car exactly like mine. Pre-facelift, mtech 2 pack, alcantra seats, park plate, and tinted rear windows. Only difference is that this car is on BBS LM reps and I'm on OZ Supreleggra IIIs, but they're both multi-spoked and have lips/dish.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-07-2019, 05:44 AM   #79
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
I haven't used FCP Euro in a while, but do they do door-to-door shipping without using UPS/FedEx for their rapist brokerage fees? A few years back, shipping to Canada was not even an option.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:11 AM   #80
RS Veteran

From FCP looks like they charge a brokerage fee up front. So must be UPS? Otherwise free shipping within USA on $49 USD orders.

They don't show my rear emblem so I will stop by my dealer next week.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:34 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringTeg View Post
From FCP looks like they charge a brokerage fee up front. So must be UPS? Otherwise free shipping within USA on $49 USD orders.

Try and see if Amazon has it cheaper first.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2019, 02:26 PM   #82
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:

Searched by P/N and found it. Though emblems are usually one time items so the lifetime replacement doesn't really matter.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...mm-51147166445
E90M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2019, 03:08 PM   #83
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Is someone going to start a Toyota thread? Oh wait... nothing ever goes wrong with Toyotas... how boring... nevermind

68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:10 PM   #84
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

05 e46m3 cab here, i purchased the car at 111,xxx km. the car has 112,xxx in 8 months of ownership.

with a young child, i don't have much time to enjoy the car. i'm happy to just get away once in awhile to do maintenance stuff and be able to pull the car out and wash it.

i did not have maintenance history on the car when i purchased it, so inspection 2 was the first thing i did.

what do you guys think of the transmission fluid? it's stamped do not change. i have the fluids/gaskets/bolts purchased already. should i change it now? wait?
frost91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 03:31 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Is someone going to start a Toyota thread? Oh wait... nothing ever goes wrong with Toyotas... how boring... nevermind

Only thing that goes wrong with Toyotas is having to drive one.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2019, 03:33 PM   #86
RS Veteran

Change the fluid ASAP.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2019, 03:37 PM   #87
RS Veteran

The lifetime fluid is a fallacy. They want the car to explode and you to go up to them with $100K for a new M3 lol

This post thanked by:
Old 07-08-2019, 03:48 PM   #88
Banned By Establishment

What’s everyones take on a F10 M5 (LCI)? Looking for a highway cruiser mainly and the odd run around town, I always walk or bike to work. Won’t be putting on too many kilometres and I have access to a lift and can do my own work. So looking for something out of warranty obviously. Always wanted another E90 M3 but the gearing for highway cruising sucks.
belka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by belka View Post
What’s everyones take on a F10 M5 (LCI)? Looking for a highway cruiser mainly and the odd run around town, I always walk or bike to work. Won’t be putting on too many kilometres and I have access to a lift and can do my own work. So looking for something out of warranty obviously. Always wanted another E90 M3 but the gearing for highway cruising sucks.
Fun car. Haven't owned one so I can't talk about its reliability and pros/cons.

Also the transmission is pretty much the same if you go DCT, its just more beefy to handle the torque.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:40 PM   #90
RS Veteran

I purchased new emblems front and rear (with 4 new grommets) and 4 new wheel center caps from Pelican.

A friend mentioned he found the best prices there and they ship USPS. Prices are pretty close to FCP but what made Pelican better was a 10% off first purchase code for signing up for their email newsletter.

They do free shipping in USA on orders over $99 USD.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:57 PM   #91
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
I've driven and worked on both. The e90 M3 is definitely better to work on and cheaper to keep running. The cooling system on the f10 m5 is pain and everything either melts or turns brittle because of the hot v. dct box is similar on both, so they leak and crap out the same way.
toyota86 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2019, 07:58 AM   #92

Quote:
I purchased new emblems front and rear (with 4 new grommets) and 4 new wheel center caps from Pelican.

A friend mentioned he found the best prices there and they ship USPS. Prices are pretty close to FCP but what made Pelican better was a 10% off first purchase code for signing up for their email newsletter.

They do free shipping in USA on orders over $99 USD.
Pelican & Turner Motorsports are owned by ECS Tuning now.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2019, 08:09 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopsyCrett View Post
Anyone attending the German car festival on the 21st? Trying to get the E34 ready in time. .
Looks like mostly a bunch of VI-worthy VWs, is it not?
shabusen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 08:40 AM   #94
:: Sells McLarens, Not tofu :okay: ::

Thanked 11,815 Times in 3,329 Posts
Quote:
Leaky bits. hoses. luck of the draw when it comes to engines, as some of them do go through engines, especially the earlier cars. (engine job is same cost as car itself)

13' Nissan DBA-R35 GT-R Black Ed - Black met. - "Sophia"

00' Acura 1.6EL - // Power of dreams Project - "Unity"

02' Nissan M35 Stagea - "Wynn"

91' Honda EF Civic CX - "Xander"

- The Drinker of Many Many Coffees @ McLaren Vancouver
tofu1413 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #95
RS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3 View Post
Pelican & Turner Motorsports are owned by ECS Tuning now.
Wow, I had no idea. Damn. RIP Pelican Parts.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:15 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Wow, I had no idea. Damn. RIP Pelican Parts.
I think it happened around the same time.

Also, would anyone happen to know why my car would be making this noise?

It only happens when im turning the wheel, someone said to check bushings but everything was tight.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:17 PM   #97

Its hard to tell the sound. Does it have a bit of a metallic spring to it? If so, your strut mount bearings could be seizing. Any difficulty turning the wheel compared to before?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-10-2019, 08:01 AM   #98

More info on the ECS takeover on Tuner and Pelican. Apparently Turner isn't what it used to be anymore - I wouldn't know what it used to be.

Quote:
The title of this group is appropriate to how I'm feeling: "Why I hate ECS Tuning."

This is my "messed up" ECS story. told through my singular lens. The opinions expressed here are just that, but are true to how ECS came into my life and made me hate their company. Settle in. This ain't short.

3 years ago today, July 1, 2015, ECS "acquired" Turner Motorsport incorporated, the company I had toiled to help Will Turner build up for 8.5 years. They promised the former owner, a guy I shared a small office with for over 5 years, all sorts of amazing synergies and upsides. We'd share the best of both companies to form a super-knowledgeable, cutting edge source of auto parts with unmatched experience and customer service.

Those were all lies.

Spoiler!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969390720044815/

List of alternatives to ECS/Turner/Pelican: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969...5797784737441/
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2019, 09:30 AM   #99
RS Veteran

It's been a while since I bought anything from Pelican (but that's when I owned a BMW.) I bought small bits and pieces like oil filters etc. from them when I had the 911, but Pelican has been great to me. Have to shop around every now that then, but their customer service is great.

I never purchased from Turner, but they were really engaging on providing technical advice, and steered me to buy the TC Kline suspension kit instead of their in-house solution. I know a handful of people who did buy from Turner back in the day, and they all had nothing but good things to say about them. I don't think any of them buy from Turner anymore.

When ECS was independent, they were okay at best. Looks like they bit off more than they could chew with the Pelican and Turner acquisition, and things went to hell. I tried to buy something from Pelican recently, and my goodness, it was a fucking pain in the ass, I gave up and went elsewhere having to pay more. Ouch.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Its hard to tell the sound. Does it have a bit of a metallic spring to it? If so, your strut mount bearings could be seizing. Any difficulty turning the wheel compared to before?
Steering made a creaking noise, but not really? I can't tell tbh. Though the weird thing is, its not making much of a clicking noise now in the rain? But as soon as I got in my garage it started clicking again lol. Im so confused. Someone said it could be the oil pan skid plate I just bought a new bolt as Im missing one, gonna put it on and see.

EDIT: someone on a different forum said to check the steering rack bolts to the subframe as they're known to vibrate loose overtime especially if they were out for service. I should buy replacement ones, but I'll test tightening it first then if that doesn't help I'll replace.

Would anyone happen to have a torque angle gauge? and an E-Torx set

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...rement/GREd8RV

Last edited by E90M3; 07-10-2019 at 11:12 AM.