REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:44 PM   #76
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Pricing on the 458 is spec dependant, clean (which doesn't mean clean carfax) and mileage. If you can find a clean low millage car I would buy it because it'll be a good buy long term.

The biggest bubble bursting right now is the 991.2 GT cars. The used market is getting flooded and no one is buying. A good lesson on why you never pay ADM for a non-limited car.
Do you mind elaborating on the Porsche 991.2 used-markets bubble?

Interested to hear more.
Advertisement
Gallardo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-05-2019, 09:20 PM   #77
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallardo View Post
Do you mind elaborating on the Porsche 991.2 used-markets bubble?

Interested to hear more.

No one is willing to pay crazy over MSRP on the 991.2 GT's. There's 60+ 2018 GT's listed right now and some sellers have been dropping the price gradually but still can't sell. Porsche built a lot of GT's this time around to combat flippers and it's working.

Bottom line is supply is outweighing the demand which is bad news for flipper but good news for buyers.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2019, 08:53 AM   #78
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
That's racist.
So it's either that my luck is just that bad and I keep encountering ones that honk at you too soon/for no reason, drive like they are trying to compensate for something, and in one case almost changed lane into me.

Or most of them are just a-holes.

Pick whichever plays better for you.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2019, 09:01 AM   #79
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,455 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by will068 View Post
"All that money you stole from China eh?"

Nothing racist about that.

However, haters gonna hate. Financial success brings the haters out.

This is more prejudice against the wealthy. If you're the wealthy guy, man it up and move along.
that truck driver would not have said a thing if it were an old white guy driving the car... it's not just about jealousy.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #80
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
Haters will be haters - regardless if they're white, brown, yellow, or purple.

Some dirtbag wrote on the hood of my 911 in my parkade.
I wouldn't want a purple hater.

I don't want to get snapped into dust.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 09:27 AM   #81
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 8,682 Times in 3,121 Posts
You mean this guy!?!?
Badhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-06-2019, 09:58 AM   #82
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
that truck driver would not have said a thing if it were an old white guy driving the car... it's not just about jealousy.
To be fair, though, I'd have more respect for an old white guy, who probably worked hard his entire life to finally get to drive an exotic car, than some pimply faced asian punk who got the car for his 16th birthday from parents who made oodles of money on the backs of the poor and most likely through illegal activities............

Now that, my friends, is stereotyping, yes?

Now, if that old white guy had an ultra hot supermodel in the passenger seat, then I'd be all jelly.............
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-06-2019, 11:22 AM   #83
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
No one is willing to pay crazy over MSRP on the 991.2 GT's. There's 60+ 2018 GT's listed right now and some sellers have been dropping the price gradually but still can't sell. Porsche built a lot of GT's this time around to combat flippers and it's working.

Bottom line is supply is outweighing the demand which is bad news for flipper but good news for buyers.
I cant call those guys car enthusiast at all.. Those guys ruin it for actual car enthusiast that want to buy a 991.2 and actually keep it for a long time....
teggy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:25 PM   #84
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
people pick easy to notice attributes to shit talk random people, it would be confusing if he yelled at an old white guy for bringing corrupt money from China, similar to yelling at an asian teenager that he is to old to drive and he should lose his license and go back to riding a bus with the rest of the seniors.
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:53 PM   #85
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Pricing on the 458 is spec dependant, clean (which doesn't mean clean carfax) and mileage. If you can find a clean low millage car I would buy it because it'll be a good buy long term.

The biggest bubble bursting right now is the 991.2 GT cars. The used market is getting flooded and no one is buying. A good lesson on why you never pay ADM for a non-limited car.
I agree, even 3 months ago, 991.2 Gt3 RS were trading +$50k msrp. Now you can one for +$5k to msrp. I can’t believe how fast the market is cavitating
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 01:55 PM   #86
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,874 Times in 604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
To be fair, though, I'd have more respect for an old white guy, who probably worked hard his entire life to finally get to drive an exotic car, than some pimply faced asian punk who got the car for his 16th birthday from parents who made oodles of money on the backs of the poor and most likely through illegal activities............

Now, if that old white guy had an ultra hot supermodel in the passenger seat, then I'd be all jelly.............
It’s called sugar baby......no biggie 😂😂
86 944 Turbo with 340rwhp Lindsay Racing kit
15 991 PTS GT3
18 VW Golf R
Z3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-10-2019, 07:10 AM   #87
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
I agree, even 3 months ago, 991.2 Gt3 RS were trading +$50k msrp. Now you can one for +$5k to msrp. I can’t believe how fast the market is cavitating
The GT3 is causing vapour-filled cavities from a submarine ala the Hunt for Red October when the Russians pulled a Crazy Ivan and the US sub had all full reverse causing cavitation from the sudden change in pressure by the props?
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:23 AM   #88
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3guy View Post
The people who actually track them (and take advantage of the PDK) already own them. The casual enthusiast prefers a manual GT car, hence not the showroom RSs.

Last edited by shabusen; 07-10-2019 at 08:38 AM.
shabusen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 09:30 AM   #89
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post

Old white guy could be dealing drugs his entire life. Pimply face Asian punk could be a fn'ing self-made megastar somewhere. Point is you're stereotyping and profiling people. You don't know people's story, don't slap a label on them.

Assigning respect, jeer to people because they own/ do not own material things is a joke.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 02:46 PM   #90
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Old white guy could be dealing drugs his entire life. Pimply face Asian punk could be a fn'ing self-made megastar somewhere. Point is you're stereotyping and profiling people. You don't know people's story, don't slap a label on them.

Assigning respect, jeer to people because they own/ do not own material things is a joke.
K there bud.....
You can vurtue signal all you want, but I'll stick with assigning my own profile and judging a book by it's cover. Sure, I'll allow myself to be casually surprised when I'm wrong. But I'll still be right 9 out of 10 times thinking some chinese kid in a Lambo is a fuerdai as opposed to an internet genius. Or when some 400 lbs motherfucker with tattoos and piercings is approaching, chances are he isn't there to be my friend.

It worked for our ancestors, when Attila the Hun came over the hill he wasn't there to borrow sugar. So why change now?
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2019, 03:02 PM   #91

oh I recognize this guy
i cut him off (barely), while he was accelerating however
i signaled
this was on hastings in between traffic lights so theres no where he can go anyway in rush hour traffic

guy went fucking ape shit and told me to go back to my country lol

Last edited by m4k4v4li; 08-01-2019 at 03:19 PM.
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:28 PM   #92
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
He's going to get a hernia or heart attack sooner or later from all that road rage.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 03:39 PM   #93

Thanked 3,844 Times in 880 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4k4v4li View Post
oh I recognize this guy
i cut him off (barely), while he was accelerating however
i signaled
this was on hastings in between traffic lights so theres no where he can go anyway in rush hour traffic

guy went fucking ape shit and told me to go back to my country lol
Should've fucked him up.

i see ur edit.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-02-2019, 01:45 PM   #94
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,051 Times in 265 Posts
Ah fuck, I'm sorry guys I may have started it with this guy. This was like 2 years ago. I was bombing down Westminster Hwy in a M3 heading toward the 2 rd bridge and this same guy no signal cut across my lane so he could go to the Chevron. We were driving side by side and I was staring him down and he gave me the finger and yelled fuck you so I said something along the lines of hey faggot learn how to drive, what the fuck are you doing in Richmond go back to to the trailer park. Might have called him a white trash also. I didn't get to see his reaction but he looked pretty pissed lmao

2007 Ducati SportClassic SE #72/100
1979 Honda CB 750 Café-Fighter
2008 Yamaha R6 (Track)
bananana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:12 PM   #95
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Yeah but you’re like entry level asian.
Old 08-02-2019, 02:20 PM   #96
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,913 Times in 3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananana View Post
what the fuck are you doing in Richmond go back to to the trailer park. Might have called him a white trash also.
So racism, just going the other way?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: