REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 07-18-2019, 08:37 PM   #1
How I Mod your mother

Samsung Galaxy S10/e/+ users

Hey all,

Anyone currently using one of the new S10 devices?

Just wondering if there is any info/insight on the following:

1) Is there a way to disable the high volume warning when listening to audio through headphones? I dug through the settings menus and searched online but didn't come up with much - other than apparently this option is only available for some variants.

2) I'm pretty paranoid about the whole AMOLED burn in fiasco. I assumed that with modern phones these days it isn't much of an issue, especially on a phone that costs $1k. I searched around and found somewhere on the webs (maybe reddit?) that the status bar icons/clock/battery icons shift around ever so slightly similar to the always on display to prevent this from happening - has anyone read or heard similar?

3) Which web browsers support TRUE fullscreen browsing (no status bar/nav buttons visible)

Sorry I typed this up in a rush, need to poop!

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:37 AM   #2
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Not sure about 1 and 3 but for 2 it shouldn't matter about burn in. Unlike TV(which we kept for 5+ years) most people tend to get a new cell phone 2 to 4 years so burn in isn't an issue as per say since by then you would have gotten a new cell phone. Also you use your phone hours at a time so the screen is always off anyways.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #3
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
Hey all,

Anyone currently using one of the new S10 devices?

Just wondering if there is any info/insight on the following:

1) Is there a way to disable the high volume warning when listening to audio through headphones? I dug through the settings menus and searched online but didn't come up with much - other than apparently this option is only available for some variants.

2) I'm pretty paranoid about the whole AMOLED burn in fiasco. I assumed that with modern phones these days it isn't much of an issue, especially on a phone that costs $1k. I searched around and found somewhere on the webs (maybe reddit?) that the status bar icons/clock/battery icons shift around ever so slightly similar to the always on display to prevent this from happening - has anyone read or heard similar?

3) Which web browsers support TRUE fullscreen browsing (no status bar/nav buttons visible)

Sorry I typed this up in a rush, need to poop!

Thanks in advance
I think you should just go back to your N97-NAM.
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:05 PM   #4
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Not sure about 1 and 3 but for 2 it shouldn't matter about burn in. Unlike TV(which we kept for 5+ years) most people tend to get a new cell phone 2 to 4 years so burn in isn't an issue as per say since by then you would have gotten a new cell phone. Also you use your phone hours at a time so the screen is always off anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
I think you should just go back to your N97-NAM.
Unfortunately neither of these answer my questions lol

But in regards to not worrying about screen burn in, it sounds like it's still an issue even with the latest S9/Note 9 models hence my concern with the S10.
I just don't want my display to look like ass after a year
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
Old 07-19-2019, 01:35 PM   #5
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Yaminashi View Post
Unfortunately neither of these answer my questions lol

But in regards to not worrying about screen burn in, it sounds like it's still an issue even with the latest S9/Note 9 models hence my concern with the S10.
I just don't want my display to look like ass after a year
There is always going to be an issue with burn in. I had my S8 since it came out 2 years ago and no burn in. If you are worry about it then stick with your current phone and just wait a year or 2 and see if people have burn in issue with the s10.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:15 AM   #6
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
I just miss our little chats in the mobile forum

Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:53 PM   #7
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
There is always going to be an issue with burn in. I had my S8 since it came out 2 years ago and no burn in. If you are worry about it then stick with your current phone and just wait a year or 2 and see if people have burn in issue with the s10.
Yeah, I know there's always a risk. I'm just hoping that by now the technology has advanced far enough that it's a little more resilient than it used to be compared to the Galaxy S2 days.

For now my preventative measures are short screen time out and <50% screen brightness

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Aznboi128 View Post
I just miss our little chats in the mobile forum

We could always just do this in person lol
Quote: