REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 07-31-2019, 09:20 PM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

**PSA: Local Dealership Scams Customer Out of 10k**

This experience was not directly by me but as a fellow car enthusiast I think this is very immoral and pisses me the fuck off to see this happen to people so I thought I should spread the word out.

Summary:

- Casually scrolling thru fb and came across the post, when I read the 2nd paragraph and realized the admins were most likely gonna delete the post I took screenshots right away. The fb group admins are all ran by the dealership

- After reading through the content which literally took less than 2 minutes I attempted to like the post to follow it but couldn't as it immediately got deleted and the OP also banned

- I messaged op directly to get more info and he states that he was scammed out of 10k and was not able to back out of the deal as he made an insanely huge deposit

Advertisement
you! is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2019, 09:50 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 4,714 Times in 1,054 Posts
these guys are bush league - everybody knows that. who finances a JDM import? certainly not a real bank. you are dealing w "alternative financing" if you do this through these guys.

doesn't seem like you're the buyer OP. that's a lot of specific messenger questions. - just a concerned citizen?
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Producer View Post
doesn't seem like you're the buyer OP. that's a lot of specific messenger questions. - just a concerned citizen?
I have 2 jdm imports myself so I'm familiar with the entire process thats why this stuff irritates me and I thought it would be worth sharing to save others from potential headache
Old 07-31-2019, 10:20 PM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,532 Times in 1,519 Posts
That's concerning. Especially considering I was interested in a vehicle with them.
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:20 PM   #5
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,919 Times in 3,876 Posts
Apparently JDM North cut ties with Applewood as of today. JDM North seemed like good guys but Applewood always seemed to be doing weird stuff that seemed a bit off. Like the "contest" they started last winter where they were asking people to give them reviews to enter, and once they sold 50 JDM cars they'd give away an Altezza. Since then I can't say I've seen any update on that so it kinda seems like just a way to get a bunch of bogus 5 star reviews and not actually give away a car.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2019, 10:28 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Like the "contest" they started last winter where they were asking people to give them reviews to enter, and once they sold 50 JDM cars they'd give away an Altezza. Since then I can't say I've seen any update on that so it kinda seems like just a way to get a bunch of bogus 5 star reviews and not actually give away a car.

This is actually against Google's bylaws. You cannot, at any point, ask for people to give you a review for a reward. Also 5 star reviews are useless LOL. No one actually believes a company can have 5 stars (100 reviews). 4.5 is actually the number you want.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:37 PM   #7

Thanked 4,068 Times in 1,253 Posts
applewood? so they part of the applewood Nissan, kia etc?

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:49 PM   #8
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
i dont get it...he paid 10k deposit, did he actually pay the rest of the rip-off pricing just to accept delivery? or the dealer still has it with his deposit

and financing Skylines?
GT-R or bust
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 10:49 PM   #9

https://www.facebook.com/stephan.lar...92885014096566

Read Matt's comments on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
i dont get it...he paid 10k deposit, did he paid the rest of the rip-off pricing to get the car? or the dealer still has it with his deposit

and financing Skylines?
GT-R or bust

It was agreed upon that it was a lease. When asked about it, Matt said "oh i thought I told you"
Old 07-31-2019, 11:07 PM   #10
RS controls my life!

Thanked 2,003 Times in 216 Posts
I imported a JDM NSX a few years ago to Hong Kong. After dealing with an incident where some idiot in a forklift rammed the car at the port, I vowed not to import another car again and buy only local with service history. After the incident I just heard too many shady things and grey area jobs regarding imports and importers.

In short what happened to me was after my car was crashed, the importer took possession of my car, (after I chose to not take possession of it, seeing as there was slight frame damage) so I while I wasn't out anything from a full refund, I learnt the car was sold locally. Since the car was never registered yet in HK, this 'incident' was never recorded. So some poor guy bought the car thinking it was clean car paying that value, while the importer made money from fixing the car at his own expense using the insurance payout from the most expensive bodyshop, and made bank both sides.

I heard actually this happens more than you think. A lot of the cars actually get damaged during the long logistics importing process.

So while I understand the need to import JDMs. I guess not just for imports but buyer beware for everything, make sure you trust the shop and also to do your own research on the car you are looking at.
prelude_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:25 PM   #11

https://www.facebook.com/Ryu.Fujisan...30679110510525

Rob's response

Quote:
Good evening everyone, I'd like to ask that we spread some awareness about an issue happening tonight.

I ended my partnership with Applewood and have since received a lot of support for the decision, but I have also been brought to attention that people are using this as an opportunity to express their distaste towards their business, or previous experiences. I want to say that I do not condone this behavior and it holds an image that ties to my decision, and I'd like to ask that it discontinues promptly. My intention was not to start a fire with my decision, it was to shine some light on a very ambiguous situation that has lead to the full independence of my business once again and in no means necessary an excuse to retaliate against Matt Burnett or Applewood.

I ask that anyone who has been instigating any form of conflict towards Matt or their business to put it on hold until this smoke clears and address your situations directly with Matt because that is not only the right thing to do but also the mature and responsible thing to do. I, or JDM North do not have bad blood with Applewood and do not intend to create such towards them. I simply feel like our expectations have fallen out of alignment with each other and taking this out on either Matt or Applewood directly or indirectly is simply unfair. Please think about what is being said and how it may reflect on others before making the decision to move forward with these statements. Nobody is perfect and we are all human, please have the capacity to keep this in mind with what I am asking of such a great community.

Thank you kindly for your ever growing support, I am looking forward to working with all of you, and thanks for listening to my request.

R.Fujisan.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:35 PM   #12

clearly another reason why jdm north cut ties with them, Rob probably realized how the dealership was taking advantage of their customers and didn't want anything to do with them any longer otherwise even their own business name would be affected
This post thanked by:
Old 07-31-2019, 11:42 PM   #13

Thanked 4,450 Times in 1,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prelude_prince View Post
Spoiler!
Since the car was never registered yet in HK, this 'incident' was never recorded. So some poor guy bought the car thinking it was clean car paying that value, while the importer made money from fixing the car at his own expense using the insurance payout from the most expensive bodyshop, and made bank both sides.

I heard actually this happens more than you think. A lot of the cars actually get damaged during the long logistics importing process.

Spoiler!
Yep. Even in our ports, same things happen to new cars fresh off the boat. There could be slight damage as they make the long journey or damage while they are at the Port from a multitude of different factors. As long as it hasn't been registered, it's still technically a *new* car. Then they're fixed and unsuspecting buyers are unaware that their *new* car actually just came outta the body shop last week with mismatched bumper paint.

'93 GSR

'99 EXPEDITION
SpeedStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 11:51 PM   #14

i think the bigger issue here though is the mysterious 10k hidden charge when the bill finally came since the dealer specifically mentioned that the bodywork was only going to be 1300 and this is also considering the fact that the owner insisted that he doesn't really want to fix the dings but the dealership kept on pushing him to do so
Old 08-01-2019, 12:01 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by you! View Post
clearly another reason why jdm north cut ties with them, Rob probably realized how the dealership was taking advantage of their customers and didn't want anything to do with them any longer otherwise even their own business name would be affected
That's speculation. Read Rob's post. He asks you to specifically not speculate on his reasons of ending the partnership.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
Old 08-01-2019, 04:53 AM   #16
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
OP has a lot more restraint than me. I can't imagine being out 10k and only throwing up a FB post that 'isn't meant to throw shade' and not pursuing any further.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:19 AM   #17
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Must be "reconditioning fees" and just plain markup. Some of the cars on there are worth half that, and sometimes Velocity of all people are better for what you get.

Import yourself, and at least there's a few people on this side who can help with OOP and processing.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:47 AM   #18
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
Dang... who pays $35k for a busted ass looking R34 with crazy wrong offset wheels
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2019, 08:04 AM   #19
RS Lurker, I don't post!

There are other reasons why rob fujisan and Matt went separate ways. Applewood has been working with another importer for atleast a month if not alot longer. Apparently rob refused to bid on a r34 nur spec and someone was mad about the blue rx7 blowing up. Being that said neither of them are good people rob fujisan is not his Real name. He is just as big of a snake as Matt. I have close friends that have been completely ripped off by him and ghosted. He hides and makes fake import fees while sitting in a apartment in Calgary on a computer not actually helping anyone. He sells cars to people in bc because he cant compete with Alberta importers because they dont RIP people off. Just ask him about what it costs to bring something in then ask a couple other people and you'll see his numbers are completely off. I have multiple customers/friends that have come to me about this
Kasanova08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:31 AM   #20
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,557 Times in 511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Dang... who pays $35k for a busted ass looking R34 with crazy wrong offset wheels
That's cause their mentality is, if the customer doesn't complain then its not our fault. The customer has to complain first. Like really you guys can't do your own quality control? I'm sure they're milking a fee for it.

Current:
2006 Honda Fourtrax Rancher 400cc ATV (Offroad trails + Winter Snow Plow)
1995 Toyota Tacoma (Toy Hauler)
2003 Honda Civic SIR (Daily Beater)
2018 KTM 390 Duke (Gas Saver)
2017 Subaru WRX Sport-Tech + STI 6MT (Weekend Track)

Past:
2014 Honda Grom
1971 MG MGB Tourer
Kayo MR125 Race Bike
2001 Honda Odyssey
2009 Toyota Corolla CE
2007 Honda Ruckus
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto
2001 Honda S2000
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #21
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 1,267 Times in 291 Posts
Financing an old JDM car has to be one of the worst decisions out there.
Applewood essentially tacking $15k on top of a car that looks heavily beat up for $20k

I'm under the assumption the deposit was non-refundable which means Applewood can do whatever they want to bend over the customer afterwards. They could have tacked 20k in "extra fees" and the buyer would be screwed over if this was not discussed and agreed to prior to making the deposit.
If the deposit was refundable I would have walked away from having to deal with them.

Is the R34 considered a car under lease? I'd make them take it back and fully refund everything with how this is playing out.

Last edited by ForeverYours; 08-01-2019 at 10:01 AM.
ForeverYours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:07 AM   #22
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
^
Hah... well... your heart is in the right place, but I'd like to see you try, that would be very entertaining. And probably unsuccessful.
68style is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-01-2019, 10:40 AM   #23
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,919 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
This is actually against Google's bylaws. You cannot, at any point, ask for people to give you a review for a reward. Also 5 star reviews are useless LOL. No one actually believes a company can have 5 stars (100 reviews). 4.5 is actually the number you want.
FB reviews, but I assume they have the same rules. Even if it isn't against the rules, if the giveaway is legit I'd expect to see updates on it throughout the year. I asked for an update on it a few months back and got nothing.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:50 AM   #24
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
REVScene.net has no affiliation with Applewood or JDM North and any person associated with either business. We're a public forum for the local community. So feel free to compile and use this thread for shit talking all you want.

Unless Matt wants to sponsor.
But until that happens. Go for it.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 11:20 AM   #25
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
A lot of ppl on VCC fb group backing up Matt.

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote