REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 08-15-2019, 08:47 AM   #1
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Yellow speed racing? Anyone know it?

Hey guys. Long story short if I want any kind of gravel/rallycross suspension for my RS, in my years of searching the only options are WRC level coilovers built by Reiger, Öhlins, DMS etc that are ~8k. Not in the budget.

There is Feal coilovers, the 442 max travel but they only recommend it for tarmac, and subaru guys are known to bend them often.

I stumbled upon “yellow speed racing” the other night. They seem to offer a gravel spec coilover that’s actually using a 50mm monotube cartridge. The price is intriguing, but I’ve never heard of this brand before.

I assume they’re made in Taiwan in any other factory, but actual 50mm cartridges are pretty rare so I doubt it’s a BC/DC/Rokkor clone. Everytime I google them trying to find reviews, I just find other forums like vwvortex or nasioc asking the same question.

If anyone knows anything, good or bad let me know! Or point me in the right direction

https://yellowspeedracingusa.com/col...=5483337547803

Advertisement
Old 08-19-2019, 04:59 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,738 Times in 956 Posts
Looks like all the generic oils found on ebay.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 2,300 Times in 556 Posts
Except for the fact that they use a 50mm cartridge. That's huge.

(literally)
Old 08-26-2019, 12:30 AM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,536 Times in 1,521 Posts
Found YellowSpeed (Rank 31/40 "Popular for HPDE") on BuildJournal's site: https://thebuildjournal.com/tech-gui...ranking-guide/

BuildJournal is a reputable BMW E46 M3 tuner/brand. They consider YellowSpeed a Tier 3 coilover, along with GodSpeed, Racelands, MeganRacing
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-30-2019, 03:10 PM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,536 Times in 1,521 Posts
I reached out to one of the partners at BuildJournal. He was one of the first guys running YellowSpeed for street, autox, and track. He did a full review on it + annual update (up to 3 years) on M3Fourm.

Anyway, I asked him what his thoughts about yellow speed are now, having gone through a few set ups and tracking his car consistently. He mentioned to me that he would recommend ST XTA over those, having the knowledge he has now.

Hoping to hear from @320icar with his experiences!
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||

Last edited by BIC_BAWS; 10-30-2019 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Add link
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:57 PM   #6
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Not much experience I can give as of yet. My hands were somewhat tied (as per noted in the OP) that it was either these at $3200 or actual WRC suspension for 10k.

Customer service has been second to none. By far without a doubt fantastic communication. Rebuild kits are available so I can rebuild them or have a local race shop tackle it. Build quality from what I can tell is great.