REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-25-2019, 06:27 AM   #76
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScizzMoney View Post
In the article she says she's not a racist person. So we can just close the thread now and move on. It's all just been a big misunderstanding.
So I've been reading her FB comments, and all the dirt the morons have been digging up on her.

Sounds like she's recently divorced, and her kids, or one of her kids, has disowned her, no doubt she's going through a lot of shit.
So I could see someone that's going through a lot, being extremely annoyed/grouchy with everyone

So here she is, presented with someone giving her a hard time for her own stupidity (parking like a fool) and this old lady just can't deal with life anymore, so she's gonna hit out at this stranger, even though she's in the wrong, she wants someone else to feel as bad as she does

And she hits out the easiest way possible, taboos, race/sex/weight/etc doesn't make it right of course, but I can see someone who isn't normally racist, do racist things, jusy because they want to hurt someone else, because they're hurting

For me, my reaction to that, isn't to hit back in anger, I actually pity them, and that would probably make the person feel worse, than if you hit back in anger

For a lot of these people giving her hell right now, they're the same, they're feeling sad n down about life, and they want to hit out at someone to make themselves feel better, to feel like they did something good, so they attack this crazy old lady, but they feel completely justified
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 06:47 AM   #77
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,846 Times in 1,781 Posts
I'm curious if the chinese lady already had the camera rolling when white lady came back to her car, or if it was some time after the confrontation started.

If it's the former then being greeted with a camera on you when you're not expecting it is definately going to antagonize the situation and lead to further bad decisions. I mean this lady knew it was her fault she hit the other car, she's probably embarassed and now is confronted with a camera in her face. She's not exactly thinking straight at this point so she goes off the deep end.

Has no one here ever said hurtful things in the heat of the moment that you don't actually mean?

Do you think that one shitty thing should 100% define your character?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-25-2019, 07:02 AM   #78
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,842 Times in 8,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
I'm curious if the chinese lady already had the camera rolling when white lady came back to her car, or if it was some time after the confrontation started.

If it's the former then being greeted with a camera on you when you're not expecting it is definately going to antagonize the situation and lead to further bad decisions. I mean this lady knew it was her fault she hit the other car, she's probably embarassed and now is confronted with a camera in her face. She's not exactly thinking straight at this point so she goes off the deep end.

Has no one here ever said hurtful things in the heat of the moment that you don't actually mean?

I think most people HERE are being reasonable (well a few people went looking for her facebook, but I assume that's mostly to see the shit show).

I think most reasonable people assume that yeah, she's probably a shitty racist deep inside, and it came out during a moment of extreme frustration. But I think everyone deserves the chance to redeem themselves, and almost everyone can (some things are beyond redemption IMO, but to each their own)
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 07:18 AM   #79
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,462 Times in 992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Did she park over the line when there was no vehicle in front of her (or a different vehicle parked well behind the line) or did she hit the vehicle in front of her and that’s what started this whole altercation?

I’m inclined to believe the latter based on her disregard for the vehicle beside her, her behaviour caught on camera, and her comments above.

If the vehicle in front of her drove into her car despite being a little over the line, that’s pretty shitty, too.
it's pretty obvious that the person trying to flee the scene is the one who caused the damage, and the one recording is the victim. if someone hit my car, i wouldn't be hurling insults while getting in my car and leaving.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:09 AM   #80
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
...(well a few people went looking for her facebook, but I assume that's mostly to see the shit show)....
thats exactly what it was. a shit show.

this lady is done for.

did we not learn anything from the 2011 riots?
or from Terry Benadict in Oceans 11 - "someone is always watching"....

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 08:43 AM   #81
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
It's because of the convenience of a smart phone, you can record anything with very little effort.

Let's be honest here, if someone hurled racist shit at you and all it took to ruin their life was for you to pull out your smartphone record it and then post it on reddit/facebook -- you'd do it 9/10 times.
That's some of the most ridiculous shit I've ever heard. Someone says something mean to you and the first thing that comes to your mind is "I'm going to ruin your life".

Who's the actual cunt in this situation? Both people sound like pieces of shit, you might actually get along if you met under different circumstances.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2019, 08:45 AM   #82
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Why the fck would you take in his car if you did not have the time to look at it?
Something tells me you've never worked a job that consists entirely of solving multiple complex issues daily yet have no idea what it could be until it's in front of you.
If you had, you'd know that scheduling can almost be redundant at times.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:09 AM   #83
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,462 Times in 992 Posts
Quote:

there's no excuse for racism. you can call someone an asshole or a bitch in a heated moment, if you're going to call someone a nigger or a chink or tell them to go back to their country, those are low blows and totally says a lot about your character.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 09:12 AM   #84
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,116 Times in 980 Posts
Someone leaked her cell phone number. lol
Old 08-25-2019, 09:33 AM   #85
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
there's no excuse for racism. you can call someone an asshole or a bitch in a heated moment, if you're going to call someone a nigger or a chink or tell them to go back to their country, those are low blows and totally says a lot about your character.
Her actions were uncalled for. When I flip out, I just give them middle finger and move the fuck on. Only in Canada you can get away with these kinda things, if it's in USA, call a black guy a nigga, your brains would be spewing out on the ground already.
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2019, 10:23 AM   #86
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
Quote:

she's doubling down when media contacted her, so that's not really one shitty thing, she's just showing her true colours
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2019, 10:54 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
To be a white person in Canada.. what a perilous life
Far be it from me to host a pity party. Just saying there are a multitude of ways for people to see division. And there are better ways of handling it so people can still retain their dignity.

Do you honestly think this person who made the recording feels proud of the outcome of releasing the mob of sjw Twitter hounds? Reading the comments?
I certainly wouldn't. But maybe that's just me.
-Norm Franz
Old 08-25-2019, 12:43 PM   #88
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,398 Times in 3,473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
Something tells me you've never worked a job that consists entirely of solving multiple complex issues daily yet have no idea what it could be until it's in front of you.
If you had, you'd know that scheduling can almost be redundant at times.
So you wasted his day pissed him off and lost him as a customer. Good job gold stars for everyone.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:00 PM   #89

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
The husband seems like a nut as well...

https://www.richmond.ca/__shared/ass...1141952522.pdf
LOL, classic senior/white entitlement.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #90
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,527 Times in 4,316 Posts
At least she didn't get banned from RevScene...

I think it looks peasant as fuck and to me this is a 3/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badhobz View Post
^PICS DAMNIT!!!! ill eat the pate out of her banhmi anytime.
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:36 PM   #91

Thanked 31,186 Times in 7,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by welfare View Post
True story:
Couple weeks ago we had a customer (i won't mention his ethnicity) who dropped his car off for a concern. I think it may have been under warranty. Anyways, we were extremely busy that day and were unable to get to it promptly.
afternoon rolls around, customer comes in and immediately plays the race card. Says "you didn't look at my vehicle because I'm (blank)! I'm going to go to the news and tell them you're a racist!"
The advisor was extremely (and rightfully) upset. He didn't hit record on his phone. Instead he got up and told him to take his car and get the fuck out.
The customers wife, very nice lady actually, apologized for her husband and pleaded for the advisor to have someone look at the car when we could. Which we did.

You don't have to be vindictive to get your point across.
This shit happens all the time. We have had people who don't get a table right away at the restaurant say its because of racism, and even leave reviews about it online. Honestly accusing everyone around you of being racist when you don't get your way is just as ridiculous as being racist as it attempts to delegitimize real racism. Its especially pathetic when its in an environment that is full of all ethnicities as employees and customers. Like you aren't the one person that lost the racism lottery that day.
People are racist, and people do racist shit, but just because someone of a different ethnicity treats you like an asshole, it can be for any multitude of reasons other than racism.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2019, 01:57 PM   #92
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,504 Times in 1,698 Posts
Is it just a coincidence that the amount of racism reported in the media is going up in the past four years after the election of Dotard Trump as POTUS?

All these racists, Nazis, and white nationalists crawl out of the woodwork to spew their hatred because a racist politician emboldens them to do so?

Last edited by pastarocket; 08-25-2019 at 02:05 PM.
pastarocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:26 PM   #93
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
This shit happens all the time. We have had people who don't get a table right away at the restaurant say its because of racism , and even leave reviews about it online. Honestly accusing everyone around you of being racist when you don't get your way is just as ridiculous as being racist as it attempts to delegitimize real racism. Its especially pathetic when its in an environment that is full of all ethnicities as employees and customers. Like you aren't the one person that lost the racism lottery that day.
People are racist, and people do racist shit, but just because someone of a different ethnicity treats you like an asshole, it can be for any multitude of reasons other than racism.
Are you saying you didn't give that customer a table, cuz u were being an asshole? Lol lmao wtf
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 02:56 PM   #94

Thanked 31,186 Times in 7,166 Posts
Either way you want to interpret it, that wouldn't have been the case. We would have been treating them like the asshole, that they were. Regardless, we didn't give them a table because the 50 people that got there before them, regardless of ethnicity, get seated first.
Treating someone like an asshole doesn't make you an asshole, unless they aren't an asshole. It's asshole math.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-25-2019, 03:14 PM   #95
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,870 Times in 900 Posts
bobbinka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:17 PM   #96

Thanked 3,841 Times in 1,484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
In a heated argument people can say some stupid things.

I’m about as anti racial as it comes, I make plenty of jokes but in reality I like to think I give everyone the equal opportunity until they show me a reason not too.

I was riding my road bike on beach ave doing 30+ km/h. The speed limit is 30km/h. This man, who looked to be of Spanish decent yells at me and points to the causeway and yells “bike paths over there (pointing south).

I came back with a couple words but then stopped myself halfway... I was about to say “you know what else is over their? Mexico!” Do I have anything against Mexicans? absolutely not. In fact it’s my favourite place to travel too, for the people!!! It was a cheap shot for no reason. An idiotic thing to think in an attempt to retaliate from someone’s stupid comment in the first place.

Where am I going with this? Sometimes people say (or my case, think) things for a cheap shot or to get a rise out of someone. I’m not defending this women, but don’t just jump on the bandwagon.

Or I’m just an awful person. Who knows.
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-25-2019, 03:26 PM   #97
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,825 Times in 3,905 Posts
how you know he's not from Honduras or Burnaby
but it's ok because i like the food at Metrotown
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:28 PM   #98

Thanked 3,841 Times in 1,484 Posts
Exactly. Its an idiotic thing to say, but was used as a quick cheap insult for zero reason other then the fact it was easy.

I would have been so angry at myself if I had actually said something. Instilling hate for no reason other then retaliation/defence for a stupid comment. Twitchy you can sit up on your pedestal all you want, but the world is not black and white. If you open your eyes, you might start to enjoy the whole experience. Failing me for thinking something is an interesting point.

If that poor sap had mind reading capabilities, got so upset and crashed his car, I’d be right behind him, my spandex clad ass burning in the fiery crash trying to save him. I’m just trying to say, sometimes people say shot they don’t mean. The only thing I would have done to that guy is not hold the door open for him because I was having a bad day and he pissed me off.

Last edited by hud 91gt; 08-25-2019 at 04:22 PM.
hud 91gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:55 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
So you wasted his day pissed him off and lost him as a customer. Good job gold stars for everyone.
You forgot the most important part Manic!
Spoiler!
-Norm Franz

Last edited by welfare; 08-25-2019 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:01 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
Is it just a coincidence that the amount of racism reported in the media is going up in the past four years after the election of Dotard Trump as POTUS?

All these racists, Nazis, and white nationalists crawl out of the woodwork to spew their hatred because a racist politician emboldens them to do so?
Don't let the mainstream news head fake you too hard

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...in-hate-crimes

Quote:
According to the FBI, “hate crimes” are on the rise. The agency reported a 17% increase in such crimes in 2017 compared to 2016. Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., recently said: “There has been an increase in hate crimes. There has been an increase in very negative rhetoric at groups.” Notwithstanding the crime hoax perpetrated by actor Jussie Smollett, CNN recently reported, “Hate crime allegations show no signs of stopping, with plenty of examples reported in recent months.”

But wait. The FBI, in its news release announcing the 2017 Hate Crime Statistics report detailing the “rise” in hate crimes, said, “Although the numbers increased last year, so did the number of law enforcement agencies reporting hate crime data — with approximately 1,000 additional agencies contributing information.” Coincidentally, the number of agencies that reported at least one hate crime within their jurisdiction also increased in 2017 — by 15%.
-Norm Franz