REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Accosted by a small Asian woman in Coquitlam (https://www.revscene.net/forums/716454-accosted-small-asian-woman-coquitlam.html)

originalhypa 09-17-2019 02:25 PM

Accosted by a small Asian woman in Coquitlam

So I'm walking down High St in Coquitlam today, and there's a small, elderly Asian woman walking a little ahead of me. As she is walking, she takes a rather large piece of paper out of her bag, crumples it up and tosses it on the ground.

I thought to myself, "isn't that funny, we just passed a trash can". Since I'm behind her I bend down to pick the paper up and proceed to toss it in the trash. At this point she turns around, looks at me, and says "What you doing homeless guy?!"

Now I'm a little confused, as I am a homeowner. Anyway, I answer, "Littering isn't very nice" as calmly and polite as I could. I tossed the paper in the trash, and walk past her, pretty much ignoring what she is saying. Well, this didn't sit well with her. She starts walking behind me yelling crazy things like "Fuk you homeless guy, why you no nice?! Why you NO NICE to MEEE!!"

At this point, I was like FailFish "I should have minded my own business....."

I'm now walking down a pretty busy sidewalk, and she is following about 30 feet behind me yelling at the top of her lungs. Her voice is so angry and shrill, I'm sure many people can relate to what I'm saying. At this point, people are literally crossing the road to get away from this woman. At one point I stopped to speak with a lady taking her dog out to pee, and ask how far away the crazy woman is. She says "Oh no, you made a bad enemy. That lady is nuts. And she is about 40 feet away". According to the gal I talked to, she recognized her. This is a daily occurrence for this elderly woman randomly accosting people on the street. I just gave her the perfect reason to fuck with me.

She's been following me for about a block now, and I decide to turn down an alleyway. All the while I'm thinking to myself how do you defend against an aggressive elderly?

On one hand, I could put her down with nothing more than a well placed slap. But who in their right mind would want to do that? Surely not me.
But she kept following and yelling, and now she's no longer walking. She is in mid trot telling me she is going to kill me, yelling in Canto, calling me homeless, etc. Fuck me....

At this point I'm thinking if she catches up with me, what should I do?
Again, this is an elderly woman who is clearly unstable. Logic doesn't work, and getting physical just isn't an option. Long story short, after following me for 1.5 blocks yelling profanities and threats, I decide it's time to stretch my legs and get the hell out of there. I jog to my truck and hop in.

At this point I decide to cruise around the block to see if I can get a pic of this crazy old woman, but she is gone. Like a ghost, she just disappeared. I was okay with that.

What would you do in that situation?

I mean, aside from simply not engaging the psycho. If it was someone younger and more male, I would have dealt with it much differently. But I'm not interested in getting into it with anyone, let alone an elderly person.

On a side note, she said some fucked up things to me. I heard Gwailo a lot, she called me homeless, called me "pok gai" (I know what that means) a few times, and I'm pretty sure she told me to "Duy ney lo ma"? I know that means "go fuck something or other". Do you think that she told me to go fuck my mom? That's savage...

FailFishFailFishFailFish

#Lifeinthe604

unit 09-17-2019 02:42 PM

shes old, you just run away from old crazy people. sounds mentally ill.

trollface 09-17-2019 02:44 PM

She wants ur big white D.

fliptuner 09-17-2019 02:54 PM

Go back to Langley, white man from town!!!

Badhobz 09-17-2019 03:12 PM

Hypa this made my day. Next time just start yelling dim sum items at her. I'd love to see the look on her face.

Way!!!! Har gao. Sui ma ???! Bo le cha ?!?!

quasi 09-17-2019 03:15 PM

You handled it right, I'd hope I'd handle it the same way and not be dragged into an argument with a nutter butters. Obviously I'd never touch her, super fucking awkward.

punkwax 09-17-2019 03:16 PM

You were the victim of a racist tirade! Should have got some video to ruin her and her family’s lives on the interwebs!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 8960110)
shes old, you just run away from old crazy people. sounds mentally ill.

Ahem? Don’t you know that excuse is reserved for the whites? youmustbenewhere.jpg

LUL

Mikoyan 09-17-2019 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8960108)
Do you think that she told me to go fuck my mom? That's savage...

She did.

originalhypa 09-17-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badhobz (Post 8960115)
Hypa this made my day. Next time just start yelling dim sum items at her. I'd love to see the look on her face.

Way!!!! Har gao. Sui ma ???! Bo le cha ?!?!

:lol:

That is hilarious, but at the time I didn't want to antagonize her any more than I already had.
At the beginning of her tirade, I turned to look at her and said "have a good day", while smiling and holding up the two finger peace sign like a Japanese girl selfie. No aggression, just a kind goodbye and have a good life. She continued to walk towards me, shrieking obscenities, and I can now see that she's holding a cane or umbrella. I didn't notice it originally, but it looked like she was going to hit me with it. That will get your attention every time.

At that point, I was like
https://i.imgur.com/TrF29V8.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by quasi (Post 8960116)
You handled it right, I'd hope I'd handle it the same way and not be dragged into an argument with a nutter butters. Obviously I'd never touch her, super fucking awkward.

You're right, it was a totally awkward situation.
The street was busy, and at this point people were watching. All she had to do was scream "my purse!" and I guarantee that I would have been chased down by bystanders and held.

What would that have looked like in the court of public opinion?!

At least I threw the trash away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkwax (Post 8960117)
You were the victim of a racist tirade! Should have got some video to ruin her and her family’s lives on the interwebs!!

Ahem? Don’t you know that excuse is reserved for the whites? youmustbenewhere.jpg

LUL

Hahaha, you know the funny thing.
I didn't even think about the racist stuff until I was driving home and had the chance to think about it. I get the gwailo stuff, but where did the homeless thing come from?

Btw, I was wearing Versace sunglasses and brand new Nikes. Apparently the homeless have it good now.

BIC_BAWS 09-17-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by originalhypa (Post 8960121)
Btw, I was wearing Versace sunglasses and brand new Nikes. Apparently the homeless have it good now.

Hypa be out here flexin

EuterVanWasser 09-17-2019 04:39 PM

The city I work in has some pretty sketchy people in the neighbourhood, on social assistance and constantly pan handling etc.

To originalhypa's story, there is one guy who is probably around 60 years old who walks around aimlessly each morning screaming obscenities at anything that moves. Really vile stuff and you can see people clearing the sidewalks to the other side of the street as he starts doing his rounds. I've been in close proximity a few times in the coffee shop and you can see his hands shaking and he's literally vibrating with anger trying to keep shit under control.

To me, I think what he's going through is the onset of dementia and decay of his mind. I see him other times after like 10am and he's pretty high functioning and normal, it's just like.. until he gets his coffee and shakes off the cobwebs in the morning, he's a complete disaster.

I wonder if this lady is similar to that.

FN-2199 09-17-2019 04:41 PM

in b4 someone posts video of op slapping old lady

:Popcorn

fliptuner 09-17-2019 04:44 PM

On a serious note, you can't argue with crazy.

I mean you could totally get some entertainment out of it but sometimes there's no time for that. Lol

Infiniti 09-17-2019 04:52 PM

Turn around and tell her," Excuse me, but do you have a moment to talk about our lord and saviour, Jesus Christ?"

Eatman 09-17-2019 05:27 PM

saw thread title and thought "FINALLY, something good to read on RS!!"
came in here to throw up the thanks and enjoy your story.

Thanks man.

bcrdukes 09-17-2019 05:29 PM

hypa is a racist

hi-revs 09-17-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infiniti (Post 8960127)
Turn around and tell her," Excuse me, but do you have a moment to talk about our lord and saviour, Jesus Christ?"

I literally LOL'd

welfare 09-17-2019 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8960131)
hypa is a racist

Yea i agree. I feel like if this was a white lady hypa woulda flipped her the bird and told her to piss off.
You just discriminated bro. And that makes you a racist.

Poor lady's probably heartbroken.
Now you march right back there and make amends. Throw some garbage at her or something.

320icar 09-17-2019 07:02 PM

Quote:

What would you do in that situation?
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...96/323/676.gif

StylinRed 09-17-2019 07:18 PM

Should've acted like an HK protester, and beat that old hag to the ground! Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Teach her for askin for it

twitchyzero 09-17-2019 07:19 PM

Berz Out

2 n r 09-17-2019 07:19 PM

Would pay good money see her and the "chinky chinky Chinese" white lady have an interaction with each other

tiger_handheld 09-17-2019 08:38 PM

Racism is terrible.

:troll:

GS8 09-17-2019 08:48 PM

I would have let her follow me to Kin's Farm Market

Then slap her with a Bok Choy

---

I have seen some interesting elderly people in that area. A lot of them fish for recyclables at the nearby gas stations while telling everyone how old they are. I've learned why it isn't recommended to tussle with anyone who's not firing on all cylinders. All it takes is one scratch from their rancid fingernails to potentially mess you up. Not really worth it.

welfare 09-17-2019 09:01 PM

Honest question
Is 'guai lo' generally thought of as a derogatory term?