REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Seeking someone... (https://www.revscene.net/forums/716484-seeking-someone.html)

HondaGuy 10-03-2019 01:42 PM

Seeking someone...

Wondering if anyone knows Patrick Ng, an audio installer from Vader Speed/Sound way back in the days 2002-2005...haha...
Had some questions about audio setup.

Appreciate any positive feedback and contact info.

danned 10-03-2019 09:36 PM

seeking someone and not asking here?
we here have so many expert probably more expert than your patrick NG
:suspicious::derp::fulloffuck::sweetjesus::megusta :

HondaGuy 10-03-2019 10:04 PM

^^ that was not a very thoughtful answer nor very polite.

And yes...there might be some experts on RS. But I am a old fart being in the import scene/carshows since 1999, tend to recall these OGs installers/carguys that once roam here knowing a lot more than you think. i.e. custom performance/audio fabricators, custom one-off audio setups etc.

Sometimes you need to respect your elders, son.

Manic! 10-03-2019 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HondaGuy (Post 8961812)

And yes...there might be some experts on RS. But I am a old fart being in the import scene/carshows since 1999, tend to recall these OGs installers/carguys that once roam here knowing a lot more than you think. i.e. custom performance/audio fabricators, custom one-off audio setups etc.

Pretty much ever car audio system is one off. Also a lot of things have changed in the car audio world since 1999.

MG1 10-03-2019 10:35 PM

I’ve been into car audio since the first under the dash decks came out. I was one of the first people to have a car alarm. Built it using home alarm system. Complete with key on/off switch. Yeah, a lot has changed since the sixties.

Also, not many people can say they’ve been IASCA zone champion and represented BC/AB in the World Finals.

Yeah, gotta respect your Edlers.

BTW, I am also seeking someone. Not god, though. I found that guy long ago and parted ways.

Manic! 10-03-2019 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8961815)
I’ve been into car audio since the first under the dash decks came out. I was one of the first people to have a car alarm. Built it using home alarm system. Complete with key on/off switch. Yeah, a lot has changed since the sixties.

Also, not many people can say they’ve been IASCA zone champion and represented BC/AB in the World Finals.

BTW, I am also seeking someone. Not god, though. I found that guy long ago and parted ways.

You went to the IASCA world finals? Wow!!!

hud 91gt 10-04-2019 05:45 AM

Since when does being in import car shows since 1999 make you old? I think half of us are creeping in on that era. I feel 18! Minus the aches and pains every morning! Lol

MG1 10-04-2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manic! (Post 8961818)
You went to the IASCA world finals? Wow!!!

Yeah, a lot of work went into the system that was built and designed by me, using B stock Nakamichi equipment. I fabricated mounts for a second alternator (chromed GM alternator of all things) and a dedicated second battery in the hatch of the Honda. On the score sheet, I had a perfect score for system noise. I even installed a fairly large capacitor in the engine bay to get rid of the "ripple" voltage in the system - the last bit of noise in the system. For low end, I used two 8 inch Pyle subs in a clamshell, isobaric configuration. "Smoothest sounding bass I have ever heard," said one judge. I entered into the sound quality competition rather than SPL. My imaging was spot on and my RTA scores were pretty decent, considering the problem with standing waves due to the physical properties of the car. The amps were in an amp rack made out of half inch, clear acrylic. The amps looked like they were floating in air. Side mounted computer fans to dissipate any heat from the amps. I had passive crossovers and rear speakers hidden in the rear shelf. The custom built passive crossover for the front speakers were in the glove compartment. The crossovers were built so you could readily change the caps and coils. The speakers were all Nakamichi. Again, B stock. Centre channel speakers were hidden behind the centre air vents. The system was completely independent of the car's electrical system and was turned on by the cigarette lighter. The front tweeters were in the corners of the dash, mounted in air drying clay and covered with speaker cloth that matched the interior. I remember stripping down the car to bare metal. The front dash was taken out completely. All this was done in my garage. The installation was not the bulk of the work. It was the tweaking of the system that took countless all nighters. I had an Audio Control EQL to fine tune the system. First by ear, then off to any car audio shop that would let me use their RTA to get it perfect.

TOS'd 10-04-2019 06:50 AM

Quote:

The rest of your RS children?

MG1 10-04-2019 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TOS'd (Post 8961833)
The rest of your RS children?

So far, I only know of you and a few others. Your clone, bcrdukes.......... is he like a brother? In which case, he's.............. don't want to go there.

FN-2199 10-04-2019 09:08 AM

Came into the thread expecting a "missed connections" post.

Could this actually be a story about OP and his quest to find the car audio guy that setup his system and stole his heart?

SumAznGuy 10-04-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8961830)
Yeah, a lot of work went into the system that was built and designed by me, using B stock Nakamichi equipment. I fabricated mounts for a second alternator (chromed GM alternator of all things) and a dedicated second battery in the hatch of the Honda. On the score sheet, I had a perfect score for system noise. I even installed a fairly large capacitor in the engine bay to get rid of the "ripple" voltage in the system - the last bit of noise in the system. For low end, I used two 8 inch Pyle subs in a clamshell, isobaric configuration. "Smoothest sounding bass I have ever heard," said one judge. I entered into the sound quality competition rather than SPL. My imaging was spot on and my RTA scores were pretty decent, considering the problem with standing waves due to the physical properties of the car. The amps were in an amp rack made out of half inch, clear acrylic. The amps looked like they were floating in air. Side mounted computer fans to dissipate any heat from the amps. I had passive crossovers and rear speakers hidden in the rear shelf. The custom built passive crossover for the front speakers were in the glove compartment. The crossovers were built so you could readily change the caps and coils. The speakers were all Nakamichi. Again, B stock. Centre channel speakers were hidden behind the centre air vents. The system was completely independent of the car's electrical system and was turned on by the cigarette lighter. The front tweeters were in the corners of the dash, mounted in air drying clay and covered with speaker cloth that matched the interior. I remember stripping down the car to bare metal. The front dash was taken out completely. All this was done in my garage. The installation was not the bulk of the work. It was the tweaking of the system that took countless all nighters. I had an Audio Control EQL to fine tune the system. First by ear, then off to any car audio shop that would let me use their RTA to get it perfect.

Pics please.

Mancini 10-04-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

I remember going to iasca events nearly 30 years ago.

Re: seeking. I suspect you found a fraudulent representation of what you were looking for. He’s too compelling to ignore.

MG1 10-04-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 8961882)
Pics please.

I’ll take a photo of my certificate and pm you. Like tomorrow. It’s somewhere in the rape dungeon. Along with photo of car and all the trophies I accumulated the one year I competed.

SumAznGuy 10-04-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MG1 (Post 8961888)
I’ll take a photo of my certificate and pm you. Like tomorrow. It’s somewhere in the rape dungeon. Along with photo of car and all the trophies I accumulated the one year I competed.

Not the certificate. I'd love to see your car setup.

And of the rape dungeon :ifyouknow:

StylinRed 10-04-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FN-2199 (Post 8961850)
Came into the thread expecting a "missed connections" post.

Could this actually be a story about OP and his quest to find the car audio guy that setup his system and stole his heart?

We've become a dating site, there's that other thread of the troll lookin for berz too

Mancini 10-05-2019 04:38 PM

It was a warm autumn day at Stanley Park. You were there in white leggings and and a pink shirt. I was wearing dark jeans and a grey T-shirt with ‘1973’ written on it. Are you interested in meeting for coffee?

invader 10-07-2019 10:52 AM

Hah I remember that guy. He did the door actuator install on my 300zx way back in 2005.

bcrdukes 10-07-2019 06:13 PM

Cman333 might possibly know him.

lowda9 10-07-2019 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HondaGuy (Post 8961812)

Now cars are a little more complicated with airbag systems, parking sensors, electronically assisted driving aids, etc. As well as different materials being used as opposed to thick ass steel in the old days, now its all super thin high strength steel, aluminum, and a 100 different types of plastics. Honestly, I wouldn't go with an OG person for working on late model car now unless it's a classic or within their era. The car's now are completely different than it was 20 years ago.

MG1 10-07-2019 11:03 PM

Well, some installers keep up with the latest in technologies. At least the good ones do. Positive about that is, they not only know what's needed now, but have that rare thing called, experience.

Ever see a master mechanic troubleshoot and find the root of the problem, while them fancy computers................ nuff said. It's late and I'm tired. Em out!