REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #1
10psi aint enough...
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,067
Thanked 438 Times in 209 Posts
Seeking someone...

Wondering if anyone knows Patrick Ng, an audio installer from Vader Speed/Sound way back in the days 2002-2005...haha...
Had some questions about audio setup.

Appreciate any positive feedback and contact info.
Advertisement
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-03-2019, 09:36 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,003
Thanked 566 Times in 178 Posts
seeking someone and not asking here?
we here have so many expert probably more expert than your patrick NG
:megusta :
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2019, 10:04 PM   #3
10psi aint enough...
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,067
Thanked 438 Times in 209 Posts
^^ that was not a very thoughtful answer nor very polite.

And yes...there might be some experts on RS. But I am a old fart being in the import scene/carshows since 1999, tend to recall these OGs installers/carguys that once roam here knowing a lot more than you think. i.e. custom performance/audio fabricators, custom one-off audio setups etc.

Sometimes you need to respect your elders, son.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2019, 10:15 PM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 11,798
Thanked 4,610 Times in 2,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
^^ that was not a very thoughtful answer nor very polite.

And yes...there might be some experts on RS. But I am a old fart being in the import scene/carshows since 1999, tend to recall these OGs installers/carguys that once roam here knowing a lot more than you think. i.e. custom performance/audio fabricators, custom one-off audio setups etc.

Sometimes you need to respect your elders, son.
Pretty much ever car audio system is one off. Also a lot of things have changed in the car audio world since 1999.
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:35 PM   #5
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 20,114
Thanked 9,182 Times in 3,692 Posts
I’ve been into car audio since the first under the dash decks came out. I was one of the first people to have a car alarm. Built it using home alarm system. Complete with key on/off switch. Yeah, a lot has changed since the sixties.

Also, not many people can say they’ve been IASCA zone champion and represented BC/AB in the World Finals.

Yeah, gotta respect your Edlers.

BTW, I am also seeking someone. Not god, though. I found that guy long ago and parted ways.
__________________
Quote:
"there but for the grace of god go I"
Quote:
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Last edited by MG1; 10-03-2019 at 10:43 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-03-2019, 10:49 PM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
Manic!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Nanaimo
Posts: 11,798
Thanked 4,610 Times in 2,120 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I’ve been into car audio since the first under the dash decks came out. I was one of the first people to have a car alarm. Built it using home alarm system. Complete with key on/off switch. Yeah, a lot has changed since the sixties.

Also, not many people can say they’ve been IASCA zone champion and represented BC/AB in the World Finals.

Yeah, gotta respect your Edlers.

BTW, I am also seeking someone. Not god, though. I found that guy long ago and parted ways.
You went to the IASCA world finals? Wow!!!
__________________
I don't need an amplifier I'm already big, best on any track call me the Stig - Shizzo

Dusty Nuggets Rusty Shackleford Cuntar
Manic! is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 05:45 AM   #7
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY
 
hud 91gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,215
Thanked 2,701 Times in 1,061 Posts
Since when does being in import car shows since 1999 make you old? I think half of us are creeping in on that era. I feel 18! Minus the aches and pains every morning! Lol
__________________
Crush - 1971 Datsun 240z - Build Thread
The Daily - Rav4 V6 - “Goldilocks”
hud 91gt is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2019, 05:46 AM   #8
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 20,114
Thanked 9,182 Times in 3,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You went to the IASCA world finals? Wow!!!
Yeah, a lot of work went into the system that was built and designed by me, using B stock Nakamichi equipment. I fabricated mounts for a second alternator (chromed GM alternator of all things) and a dedicated second battery in the hatch of the Honda. On the score sheet, I had a perfect score for system noise. I even installed a fairly large capacitor in the engine bay to get rid of the "ripple" voltage in the system - the last bit of noise in the system. For low end, I used two 8 inch Pyle subs in a clamshell, isobaric configuration. "Smoothest sounding bass I have ever heard," said one judge. I entered into the sound quality competition rather than SPL. My imaging was spot on and my RTA scores were pretty decent, considering the problem with standing waves due to the physical properties of the car. The amps were in an amp rack made out of half inch, clear acrylic. The amps looked like they were floating in air. Side mounted computer fans to dissipate any heat from the amps. I had passive crossovers and rear speakers hidden in the rear shelf. The custom built passive crossover for the front speakers were in the glove compartment. The crossovers were built so you could readily change the caps and coils. The speakers were all Nakamichi. Again, B stock. Centre channel speakers were hidden behind the centre air vents. The system was completely independent of the car's electrical system and was turned on by the cigarette lighter. The front tweeters were in the corners of the dash, mounted in air drying clay and covered with speaker cloth that matched the interior. I remember stripping down the car to bare metal. The front dash was taken out completely. All this was done in my garage. The installation was not the bulk of the work. It was the tweaking of the system that took countless all nighters. I had an Audio Control EQL to fine tune the system. First by ear, then off to any car audio shop that would let me use their RTA to get it perfect.
__________________
Quote:
"there but for the grace of god go I"
Quote:
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Last edited by MG1; 10-04-2019 at 06:01 AM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 06:50 AM   #9
bcrdukes
 
TOS'd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: TOS'd
Posts: 9,286
Thanked 5,203 Times in 1,578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
BTW, I am also seeking someone. Not god, though. I found that guy long ago and parted ways.
The rest of your RS children?
__________________
Posted from NE 1-J W Inglis Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
To quote the most misunderstood individual and figurehead on Revscene:

"I am a changed person."

- TOS'd
TOS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 07:07 AM   #10
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 20,114
Thanked 9,182 Times in 3,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
The rest of your RS children?
So far, I only know of you and a few others. Your clone, bcrdukes.......... is he like a brother? In which case, he's.............. don't want to go there.
__________________
Quote:
"there but for the grace of god go I"
Quote:
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 09:08 AM   #11
not the mod you're looking for
 
FN-2199's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,695
Thanked 1,496 Times in 532 Posts
Came into the thread expecting a "missed connections" post.

Could this actually be a story about OP and his quest to find the car audio guy that setup his system and stole his heart?
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2019, 02:26 PM   #12
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,618
Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Yeah, a lot of work went into the system that was built and designed by me, using B stock Nakamichi equipment. I fabricated mounts for a second alternator (chromed GM alternator of all things) and a dedicated second battery in the hatch of the Honda. On the score sheet, I had a perfect score for system noise. I even installed a fairly large capacitor in the engine bay to get rid of the "ripple" voltage in the system - the last bit of noise in the system. For low end, I used two 8 inch Pyle subs in a clamshell, isobaric configuration. "Smoothest sounding bass I have ever heard," said one judge. I entered into the sound quality competition rather than SPL. My imaging was spot on and my RTA scores were pretty decent, considering the problem with standing waves due to the physical properties of the car. The amps were in an amp rack made out of half inch, clear acrylic. The amps looked like they were floating in air. Side mounted computer fans to dissipate any heat from the amps. I had passive crossovers and rear speakers hidden in the rear shelf. The custom built passive crossover for the front speakers were in the glove compartment. The crossovers were built so you could readily change the caps and coils. The speakers were all Nakamichi. Again, B stock. Centre channel speakers were hidden behind the centre air vents. The system was completely independent of the car's electrical system and was turned on by the cigarette lighter. The front tweeters were in the corners of the dash, mounted in air drying clay and covered with speaker cloth that matched the interior. I remember stripping down the car to bare metal. The front dash was taken out completely. All this was done in my garage. The installation was not the bulk of the work. It was the tweaking of the system that took countless all nighters. I had an Audio Control EQL to fine tune the system. First by ear, then off to any car audio shop that would let me use their RTA to get it perfect.
Pics please.
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2019, 02:34 PM   #13
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Mancini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,863
Thanked 265 Times in 134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I’ve been into car audio since the first under the dash decks came out. I was one of the first people to have a car alarm. Built it using home alarm system. Complete with key on/off switch. Yeah, a lot has changed since the sixties.

Also, not many people can say they’ve been IASCA zone champion and represented BC/AB in the World Finals.

Yeah, gotta respect your Edlers.

BTW, I am also seeking someone. Not god, though. I found that guy long ago and parted ways.
I remember going to iasca events nearly 30 years ago.

Re: seeking. I suspect you found a fraudulent representation of what you were looking for. He’s too compelling to ignore.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
u guys are a bunch of snitches, stupid rent-a-cops. go kill yourself.
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #14
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 20,114
Thanked 9,182 Times in 3,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Pics please.
I’ll take a photo of my certificate and pm you. Like tomorrow. It’s somewhere in the rape dungeon. Along with photo of car and all the trophies I accumulated the one year I competed.
__________________
Quote:
"there but for the grace of god go I"
Quote:
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:36 PM   #15
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.
 
SumAznGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Hongcouver
Posts: 7,618
Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I’ll take a photo of my certificate and pm you. Like tomorrow. It’s somewhere in the rape dungeon. Along with photo of car and all the trophies I accumulated the one year I competed.
Not the certificate. I'd love to see your car setup.

And of the rape dungeon
__________________
Originally posted by Iceman_19 you should have tried to touch his penis. that really throws them off.
Originally posted by The7even SumAznGuy > Billboa
Originally posted by 1990TSI SumAznGuy> Internet > tinytrix
(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:57 PM   #16
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,349
Thanked 9,404 Times in 3,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FN-2199 View Post
Came into the thread expecting a "missed connections" post.

Could this actually be a story about OP and his quest to find the car audio guy that setup his system and stole his heart?
We've become a dating site, there's that other thread of the troll lookin for berz too
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:38 PM   #17
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie
 
Mancini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 3,863
Thanked 265 Times in 134 Posts
It was a warm autumn day at Stanley Park. You were there in white leggings and and a pink shirt. I was wearing dark jeans and a grey T-shirt with ‘1973’ written on it. Are you interested in meeting for coffee?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
u guys are a bunch of snitches, stupid rent-a-cops. go kill yourself.
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2019, 10:52 AM   #18
Fanboy
 
invader's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Surrey
Posts: 3,563
Thanked 487 Times in 160 Posts
Hah I remember that guy. He did the door actuator install on my 300zx way back in 2005.
__________________
---------
invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 06:13 PM   #19
RS Veteran
 
bcrdukes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: No.
Posts: 25,412
Thanked 7,190 Times in 2,852 Posts
Cman333 might possibly know him.
__________________
Posted from my Nokia E71
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:14 PM   #20
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Richmond
Posts: 479
Thanked 157 Times in 65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post
^^ that was not a very thoughtful answer nor very polite.

And yes...there might be some experts on RS. But I am a old fart being in the import scene/carshows since 1999, tend to recall these OGs installers/carguys that once roam here knowing a lot more than you think. i.e. custom performance/audio fabricators, custom one-off audio setups etc.

Sometimes you need to respect your elders, son.
Now cars are a little more complicated with airbag systems, parking sensors, electronically assisted driving aids, etc. As well as different materials being used as opposed to thick ass steel in the old days, now its all super thin high strength steel, aluminum, and a 100 different types of plastics. Honestly, I wouldn't go with an OG person for working on late model car now unless it's a classic or within their era. The car's now are completely different than it was 20 years ago.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:03 PM   #21
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 20,114
Thanked 9,182 Times in 3,692 Posts
Well, some installers keep up with the latest in technologies. At least the good ones do. Positive about that is, they not only know what's needed now, but have that rare thing called, experience.

Ever see a master mechanic troubleshoot and find the root of the problem, while them fancy computers................ nuff said. It's late and I'm tired. Em out!
__________________
Quote:
"there but for the grace of god go I"
Quote:
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net