REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #1
10psi aint enough...

Seeking someone...

Wondering if anyone knows Patrick Ng, an audio installer from Vader Speed/Sound way back in the days 2002-2005...haha...
Had some questions about audio setup.

Appreciate any positive feedback and contact info.
Advertisement
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-03-2019, 09:36 PM   #2
My homepage has been set to RS

seeking someone and not asking here?
we here have so many expert probably more expert than your patrick NG
:megusta :
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2019, 10:04 PM   #3
10psi aint enough...

^^ that was not a very thoughtful answer nor very polite.

And yes...there might be some experts on RS. But I am a old fart being in the import scene/carshows since 1999, tend to recall these OGs installers/carguys that once roam here knowing a lot more than you think. i.e. custom performance/audio fabricators, custom one-off audio setups etc.

Sometimes you need to respect your elders, son.
HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-03-2019, 10:15 PM   #4
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,342 Times in 3,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post

And yes...there might be some experts on RS. But I am a old fart being in the import scene/carshows since 1999, tend to recall these OGs installers/carguys that once roam here knowing a lot more than you think. i.e. custom performance/audio fabricators, custom one-off audio setups etc.

Pretty much ever car audio system is one off. Also a lot of things have changed in the car audio world since 1999.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:35 PM   #5
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,494 Times in 4,891 Posts
I’ve been into car audio since the first under the dash decks came out. I was one of the first people to have a car alarm. Built it using home alarm system. Complete with key on/off switch. Yeah, a lot has changed since the sixties.

Also, not many people can say they’ve been IASCA zone champion and represented BC/AB in the World Finals.

Yeah, gotta respect your Edlers.

BTW, I am also seeking someone. Not god, though. I found that guy long ago and parted ways.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 10-03-2019 at 10:43 PM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-03-2019, 10:49 PM   #6
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,342 Times in 3,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
I’ve been into car audio since the first under the dash decks came out. I was one of the first people to have a car alarm. Built it using home alarm system. Complete with key on/off switch. Yeah, a lot has changed since the sixties.

Also, not many people can say they’ve been IASCA zone champion and represented BC/AB in the World Finals.

BTW, I am also seeking someone. Not god, though. I found that guy long ago and parted ways.
You went to the IASCA world finals? Wow!!!
Old 10-04-2019, 05:45 AM   #7
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,834 Times in 1,480 Posts
Since when does being in import car shows since 1999 make you old? I think half of us are creeping in on that era. I feel 18! Minus the aches and pains every morning! Lol
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2019, 05:46 AM   #8
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You went to the IASCA world finals? Wow!!!
Yeah, a lot of work went into the system that was built and designed by me, using B stock Nakamichi equipment. I fabricated mounts for a second alternator (chromed GM alternator of all things) and a dedicated second battery in the hatch of the Honda. On the score sheet, I had a perfect score for system noise. I even installed a fairly large capacitor in the engine bay to get rid of the "ripple" voltage in the system - the last bit of noise in the system. For low end, I used two 8 inch Pyle subs in a clamshell, isobaric configuration. "Smoothest sounding bass I have ever heard," said one judge. I entered into the sound quality competition rather than SPL. My imaging was spot on and my RTA scores were pretty decent, considering the problem with standing waves due to the physical properties of the car. The amps were in an amp rack made out of half inch, clear acrylic. The amps looked like they were floating in air. Side mounted computer fans to dissipate any heat from the amps. I had passive crossovers and rear speakers hidden in the rear shelf. The custom built passive crossover for the front speakers were in the glove compartment. The crossovers were built so you could readily change the caps and coils. The speakers were all Nakamichi. Again, B stock. Centre channel speakers were hidden behind the centre air vents. The system was completely independent of the car's electrical system and was turned on by the cigarette lighter. The front tweeters were in the corners of the dash, mounted in air drying clay and covered with speaker cloth that matched the interior. I remember stripping down the car to bare metal. The front dash was taken out completely. All this was done in my garage. The installation was not the bulk of the work. It was the tweaking of the system that took countless all nighters. I had an Audio Control EQL to fine tune the system. First by ear, then off to any car audio shop that would let me use their RTA to get it perfect.

Last edited by MG1; 10-04-2019 at 06:01 AM.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:50 AM   #9
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Quote:
The rest of your RS children?
Old 10-04-2019, 07:07 AM   #10
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOS'd View Post
The rest of your RS children?
So far, I only know of you and a few others. Your clone, bcrdukes.......... is he like a brother? In which case, he's.............. don't want to go there.

Old 10-04-2019, 09:08 AM   #11
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,534 Times in 555 Posts
Came into the thread expecting a "missed connections" post.

Could this actually be a story about OP and his quest to find the car audio guy that setup his system and stole his heart?
FN-2199 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2019, 02:26 PM   #12
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, a lot of work went into the system that was built and designed by me, using B stock Nakamichi equipment. I fabricated mounts for a second alternator (chromed GM alternator of all things) and a dedicated second battery in the hatch of the Honda. On the score sheet, I had a perfect score for system noise. I even installed a fairly large capacitor in the engine bay to get rid of the "ripple" voltage in the system - the last bit of noise in the system. For low end, I used two 8 inch Pyle subs in a clamshell, isobaric configuration. "Smoothest sounding bass I have ever heard," said one judge. I entered into the sound quality competition rather than SPL. My imaging was spot on and my RTA scores were pretty decent, considering the problem with standing waves due to the physical properties of the car. The amps were in an amp rack made out of half inch, clear acrylic. The amps looked like they were floating in air. Side mounted computer fans to dissipate any heat from the amps. I had passive crossovers and rear speakers hidden in the rear shelf. The custom built passive crossover for the front speakers were in the glove compartment. The crossovers were built so you could readily change the caps and coils. The speakers were all Nakamichi. Again, B stock. Centre channel speakers were hidden behind the centre air vents. The system was completely independent of the car's electrical system and was turned on by the cigarette lighter. The front tweeters were in the corners of the dash, mounted in air drying clay and covered with speaker cloth that matched the interior. I remember stripping down the car to bare metal. The front dash was taken out completely. All this was done in my garage. The installation was not the bulk of the work. It was the tweaking of the system that took countless all nighters. I had an Audio Control EQL to fine tune the system. First by ear, then off to any car audio shop that would let me use their RTA to get it perfect.
Pics please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2019, 02:34 PM   #13
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:

I remember going to iasca events nearly 30 years ago.

Re: seeking. I suspect you found a fraudulent representation of what you were looking for. He’s too compelling to ignore.
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #14
MG1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
Pics please.
I’ll take a photo of my certificate and pm you. Like tomorrow. It’s somewhere in the rape dungeon. Along with photo of car and all the trophies I accumulated the one year I competed.

Old 10-04-2019, 04:36 PM   #15
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
I’ll take a photo of my certificate and pm you. Like tomorrow. It’s somewhere in the rape dungeon. Along with photo of car and all the trophies I accumulated the one year I competed.
Not the certificate. I'd love to see your car setup.

And of the rape dungeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 04:57 PM   #16
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FN-2199 View Post
Came into the thread expecting a "missed connections" post.

Could this actually be a story about OP and his quest to find the car audio guy that setup his system and stole his heart?
We've become a dating site, there's that other thread of the troll lookin for berz too
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 04:38 PM   #17
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

It was a warm autumn day at Stanley Park. You were there in white leggings and and a pink shirt. I was wearing dark jeans and a grey T-shirt with ‘1973’ written on it. Are you interested in meeting for coffee?
One month later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by z-33 View Post
THE GUY IN THE RED SHIRT throwing the newspaper stand into the window IS INDY BHANGU FROM SURREY.
Mancini is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2019, 10:52 AM   #18
Fanboy

Hah I remember that guy. He did the door actuator install on my 300zx way back in 2005.
Old 10-07-2019, 06:13 PM   #19
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,386 Times in 4,259 Posts
Cman333 might possibly know him.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 07:14 PM   #20
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGuy View Post

Now cars are a little more complicated with airbag systems, parking sensors, electronically assisted driving aids, etc. As well as different materials being used as opposed to thick ass steel in the old days, now its all super thin high strength steel, aluminum, and a 100 different types of plastics. Honestly, I wouldn't go with an OG person for working on late model car now unless it's a classic or within their era. The car's now are completely different than it was 20 years ago.
lowda9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 11:03 PM   #21
MG1

Well, some installers keep up with the latest in technologies. At least the good ones do. Positive about that is, they not only know what's needed now, but have that rare thing called, experience.

Ever see a master mechanic troubleshoot and find the root of the problem, while them fancy computers................ nuff said. It's late and I'm tired. Em out!