REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-12-2019, 10:07 PM   #1
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
Haunted mazes and other Halloween stuff

We went to the Maan Farms Haunted Maze and Pitch Black experience tonight. I thought I would share my experience. This is my first time going to a corn maze. It happened to be 'haunted', too.

First off, the Haunted Maze is an on-rails experience. It's not really a maze as it is a path thru various containers of 'terror'. Expect creepy carnival ghouls, and jump scares peppered with fog and strobe lights. The actors do their best to frighten you with surprises around the corner, or just invite you to join their realm in creepy voices. There is no touching, but sometimes the ghouls can get right up in your face. If you're not soulless or desensitized like I am, you will probably be scared.

Pitch Black is a more interactive experience. If you wear a glowing necklace, it means you are fair game, and the actors can touch you, but you can't touch them. Rip off the necklace, and you just get the walkthrough experience. My legs were grabbed a few times. I was also separated from my friend a couple times. He wondered why I suddenly appeared in front of him when I got back onto the course.

Both events took less than 1 hour to complete. ~45 min for the Haunted Maze, and ~8 min for Pitch Black. We went when they opened and didn't have to wait very long to get in. My friend thought that Fright Nights was better value, but stomping through a cornfield at night has a special, creepy appeal.
Advertisement

Last edited by Presto; 10-12-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 12:50 AM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,822 Times in 3,903 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
If you're not soulless or desensitized like I am
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2019, 10:31 AM   #3
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
two of the best haunted houses in the lower mainland are the one at the mission race track and there is another one at the silver dale hall put on by the fire-fighters which is by far awesome. Both really reasonably priced which I find a lot of places are ripping people off.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-14-2019, 12:31 PM   #4
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
There are mazes / haunted houses where they are individually spaced. Time after time, so many bitches say they aren't scared cause when it comes to haunted house, they get all the guys to walk ahead. So yeah, this yr, we paid extra and when the girls had to walk by themselves.. they almost shit their pants. Well worth the price.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 01:17 PM   #5
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
two of the best haunted houses in the lower mainland are the one at the mission race track and there is another one at the silver dale hall put on by the fire-fighters which is by far awesome. Both really reasonably priced which I find a lot of places are ripping people off.
Anywhere your avatar shows up is scary enough for most.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-15-2019, 04:30 PM   #6
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
Anywhere your avatar shows up is scary enough for most.
especially when you drop the soap in the shower
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:15 PM   #7
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Some people on here would enjoy that, gulolol.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:58 AM   #8
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
For the third straight year, we checked out the Stanley Park Ghost Train. This year's theme was Alice in Nightmare Land. It's family-friendly, but my wife and I were impressed with the setup. If you're familiar with Alice in Wonderland, then you will appreciate the parallels in bringing it into the darkness. I recommend sitting at the end of the 2nd car for optimal plot experience. Whoever gets in first will have the better view as everything happens on that side.

Aside from the train, there are other things to check out, like the maze, face-painting, food trucks, and whatever might be happening on the main stage. We went at 7:00PM. If you go earlier, there are more kid-friendly features to see, like the story teller.

For parking, I recommend taking a left into the overflow lot instead of going to the main lot where everyone is trying to jam into, and get out of. It's a slightly longer walk, but you don't get stupid drivers and pedestrians stressing you out.