REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-20-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Paradox 1686H Alarm Panel Trouble Beeping Help

My house has two main controls panels (kitchen/front house) and then two subsidiary in the basement (two seperate suites with its individual small panels Paradox 1686H shown in the picture below). One of the basement suites has the trouble code beep going off every (5 - 15 minutes) this morning since 5:30am. I know what the trouble codes are, backup battery low and wireless transmitter low battery.

Here is my confusion and I don't know how to resolve. The one basement suite is the only panel that is showing trouble and beeping, no other panels in the house shows trouble/beeping. Also all my sensors are hard wired, so I don't quite get why it's saying wireless transmitter low battery (I even opened up the motion sensors and it doesn't use any battery), as that's the only thing remotely close to being wireless if anything (but not since it's hardwired).

Do I replace both the battery packs even though there's no trouble code for the rest of the house? I'm lost and its getting annoying it beeps every 5 - 15 minutes until I go to panel and press TBL to temporarily stop it from beeping.

There is a part of me thinking to just rip this damn panel off the wall but not sure it'll trigger anything...LOL

Advertisement
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 11:20 AM   #2
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
When was the last time the batteries were replaced? If it's been awhile, that would be the first thing to do. I remember a non-functional battery made the system do crazy stuff with my parents' alarm system.
Old 10-20-2019, 11:22 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
When was the last time the batteries were replaced? If it's been awhile, that would be the first thing to do. I remember a non-functional battery made the system do crazy stuff with my parents' alarm system.
Replaced both battery packs 5 years ago.

It's puzzling because no other panels in the house show "trouble" except for the one basement side...
Old 10-20-2019, 04:39 PM   #4
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,341 Times in 5,649 Posts
Is that panel hardwired?
Old 10-20-2019, 04:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Is that panel hardwired?
The beeping panel is hardwired I believe. I tried prying it off the wall to look and it wouldn't budge.

My buddy is a tech with Telus, said I should swap those two backup batteries around and see if the trouble beeping goes to a different panel.

The stupid part is, sometimes the TBL light will diasppear and then reappear.

Last edited by Euro7r; 10-20-2019 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:09 PM   #6
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post
Replaced both battery packs 5 years ago.

It's puzzling because no other panels in the house show "trouble" except for the one basement side...
I'd go with your friend's recommendation, and probably try replacing them. If you have had any power outages in the last 5 years, they may have shortened the lifespan of the batteries. If you have a multimeter, disconnect one from the box and measure the voltage. If it's below 12 volts, you will definitely need to replace them.
Presto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presto View Post
I'd go with your friend's recommendation, and probably try replacing them. If you have had any power outages in the last 5 years, they may have shortened the lifespan of the batteries. If you have a multimeter, disconnect one from the box and measure the voltage. If it's below 12 volts, you will definitely need to replace them.
I'm just puzzled why it's the one panel in one of the two basement suites that's doing it, no other panels in the house is doing it (not even the main panel).

They are all running off those two backup battery packs I'm assuming? Unless I'm am wrong that is hardwired and there's batteries behind the panel that's beeping.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:33 PM   #8
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,341 Times in 5,649 Posts
Would make sense that it’s saying wireless translator

There is usually a small set screw on the bottom but if not usually if you just pull from the top or bottom it will pop off the mount and you’ll see if it’s hardwired or not

There could also be some sort of short or open happening with the sensors which are related to that partition causing it but that’s rare
Old 10-20-2019, 06:16 PM   #9
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
5 years sounds about right for a backup battery to die. Some last way longer, but..............

Doesn't hurt to try. If it isn't the problem, just return the batteries to Home Depot. Home Depot is the Costco of the building supply world.

https://alltronicsecurity.com.au/inf...p-battery-last
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 10-20-2019 at 06:23 PM.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:54 PM   #10
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
Typical battery life is 3-5 years and is obviously dependent on a variety of factors. Since you are at the 5 year mark, you should be replacing them anyways. Older panels (including yours) that are dependent on the battery in the rectification process tend to act up when the batteries are running low, but since you said there's no light on for the backup battery yet, you can potentially rule that out.

A trouble light on one keypad and not another would suggest that the particular suite is a standalone system, whereas the main floor of your house and the other suite are probably partitioned.

In your control panel photo, there are clearly two controllers in one can. Like the others have said, take the batteries off and measure the voltage on each. You should also measure the charging voltage off the leads from the boards. 13.5-13.8VDC is typical.
Old 10-20-2019, 07:21 PM   #11
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,346 Times in 973 Posts
Edmonds battery was super nice, i went in, got a replacmeent, bam, done, dude was super nice and i checked before I went. i forgot how much36-60 bucks?
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:36 PM   #12
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Haha.. I had the same problem.. my alarm kept beeping too..I thought it was the battery but it turned out to be the fuse that got burnt out . Wasted my money buying a new battery. When it was just a $5 fuse I picked up at Lowe's. I forgot how I figured it out but it took me a while.. I hope that'll solve your problem.
moody is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-23-2019, 11:40 PM   #13
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

The fuse should be that small silver cylinder tube on the bottom left of the pic beside the black/red plug
moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 09:01 PM   #14

Reporting back. So the damn alarm was beeping for a good day when I posted this thread and then it took a 2 weeks break without any beeping. Then another day of beeping and 2 weeks break until it started to act up.

Today I finally kept prying and digging and finally managed to get it off. It's hardwired.

I thought about ripping the whole fucking thing off the wall since it's only this panel in one side of the basement suite beeping, no other panel beeps (Main panel/other basement suite). But afraid it may trigger something to go off (recognizes tampering lol).

Old 11-23-2019, 10:21 PM   #15
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euro7r View Post

My buddy is a tech with Telus, said I should swap those two backup batteries around and see if the trouble beeping goes to a different panel.
Should've told him to grab 2 out of his truck, to find out. Some friend.....

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:28 PM   #16
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,726 Times in 546 Posts
who's the alarm service provider, as in the one that will make the emergency calls if the alarm is triggered? usually they offer repair/maintenance service.

If not, i suggest contacting this local company called Burglar Busters out in Langley. Very friendly and helpful staff and they only cost about 15 bucks a month for monitoring. They deal with repairs and maintenance for free as long as you are paying the monthly fee.
bcedhk is offline   Reply With Quote