REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2019, 09:20 PM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 242
Thanked 420 Times in 66 Posts
school me on new vehicle replacement plus (NVR +) from ICBC

Hi guys,

I tried searching around on the forum and other sources, but did not get any info that I wanted to know.

I want to know the advantages of this insurance.

Do I get more cash payout when my car is a total loss in an accident?

Anyone know approximately how much more do I get paid out vs not getting this optional insurance?

I have a 2018 Mazda 3 hatch GX , bought 7 months ago for around $21,000 OTD.

If you could use some number figures, that would be great!

I wonder how the replacement would work? The 4th gen Mazda 3 has a higher MSRP for the same spec.

By the way, I'm looking to purchase the NVR + from BCAA instead, because apparently, when I add Collision, Comp, 3rd Party liability and NVR + altogether, I will save ~$950 this year by purchasing from BCAA instead of ICBC

edit: some more info about my situation, I bought the car with cash. Hypothetically speaking, If insurance will replace with 2020 MY, I can accept it. There were a lot of recalls for the 1st production yr of the 4th gen Mazda 3 (2019), so I don't want any problems.
Advertisement

Last edited by anxiety; 11-11-2019 at 09:36 PM. Reason: add more info
anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 03:27 PM   #2
Old School RS
 
lowside67's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Port Moody
Posts: 4,315
Thanked 3,480 Times in 1,049 Posts
The bottom line is if you don't get the insurance, then you will get paid out the value of a used 2018. If you do get the insurance, you'll get paid out the value of a new 2020. Your point about being "given" a 2019 is not correct - you are not getting a new car, you are getting a cheque that you can go get a new 2020 with.

This coverage is not from ICBC despite being sold by the agents - this is an aftermarket coverage from my understanding. You should definitely read the fine print.

-Mark
__________________
2011 BMW 128i (Sold 2019)
lowside67 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-12-2019, 06:33 PM   #3
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 242
Thanked 420 Times in 66 Posts
^I see, that makes a lot more sense.

ICBC offers it, it's on their website. I know 3rd party insurances offer it as well like you mentioned.

https://www.icbc.com/insurance/produ...rotection.aspx

BCAA's identical version:

https://www.bcaa.com/insurance/rd/ca...-cost-coverage
anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:58 PM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!
 
The Producer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 691
Thanked 2,187 Times in 419 Posts
the coverage is from ICBC directly (not 3rd party) if the car is new enough.

I paid 25k for a new 2007 mazda3. in 2009 I wrote it off. They had depreciated like crazy. I'd have been lucky to get 12 for it, and would have had to negotiate and play the games for weeks. Instead I got a cheque for 25k 2 days after the accident.

If you buy a car that qualifies for the ICBC program, take it.

I have no experience with the 3rd party programs.

Bad times:

IMG00004-20100308-0724 by GhstRidr, on Flickr
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
replace that wood for who gets producer the wood.
The Producer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2019, 12:40 AM   #5
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 242
Thanked 420 Times in 66 Posts
^that's good to hear, I'm considering to buy the insurance from BCAA. They quoted me $300 for the year compared to ICBC's $690 for the year.

And that's some mad depreciation from $25k brand new to $12k payout for a 2 year old car
anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:19 AM   #6
Boost Lee
 
1BADMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: With the living
Posts: 304
Thanked 748 Times in 109 Posts
I went through this recently with my 2017 F150 Lariat Sport Edition (32,xxxkms) and I have Replacement Plus with BCAA. It was the 50% of the vehicles value. Make sure to read the fine print and ask questions because with this coverage, if the vehicle get written off after a certain amount of years (3 or 4) it becomes 80% vehicles value. I was rear ended on Sept. 1 and got my replacement vehicle (2019 F150) Oct. 10. I took it to a bodyshop that BCAA recommended and found out the frame was crushed and the passenger side of the truck was shifted forward. It took awhile with many emails/phone calls and a lot of paperwork. They even paid for the most of the aftermarket items that were installed as long as I had the receipts but nothing related to performance modifications.

IMO, even with all the back and forth BS, the coverage is worth it because at first the adjuster was going to cut me a cheque for a way lesser amount and I had to mention to him a couple of times that I had Replacement Plus and had to prove that I was the sole owner (bill of sale, lien check, etc.) of my F150. Then I went to the dealership and pick out another F150 on the lot. Cheque was mailed to me and I paid out the new ride.

So basically I got the same optioned F150 as my old one but new and different color. BCAA Replacement Plus is way cheaper than other insurance companies but more BS involved. In the end of the ordeal, I'm happy and made whole. Pictures below for references and my sexy MR2.





1BADMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 05:33 PM   #7
Ready to be Man handled by RS!
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 77
Thanked 37 Times in 12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADMR2 View Post
They even paid for the most of the aftermarket items that were installed as long as I had the receipts but nothing related to performance modifications.
So which aftermarket items did they cover?
SFU_wmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 06:43 PM   #8
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 242
Thanked 420 Times in 66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADMR2 View Post
I went through this recently with my 2017 F150 Lariat Sport Edition (32,xxxkms) and I have Replacement Plus with BCAA. It was the 50% of the vehicles value. Make sure to read the fine print and ask questions because with this coverage, if the vehicle get written off after a certain amount of years (3 or 4) it becomes 80% vehicles value. I was rear ended on Sept. 1 and got my replacement vehicle (2019 F150) Oct. 10. I took it to a bodyshop that BCAA recommended and found out the frame was crushed and the passenger side of the truck was shifted forward. It took awhile with many emails/phone calls and a lot of paperwork. They even paid for the most of the aftermarket items that were installed as long as I had the receipts but nothing related to performance modifications.

IMO, even with all the back and forth BS, the coverage is worth it because at first the adjuster was going to cut me a cheque for a way lesser amount and I had to mention to him a couple of times that I had Replacement Plus and had to prove that I was the sole owner (bill of sale, lien check, etc.) of my F150. Then I went to the dealership and pick out another F150 on the lot. Cheque was mailed to me and I paid out the new ride.

So basically I got the same optioned F150 as my old one but new and different color. BCAA Replacement Plus is way cheaper than other insurance companies but more BS involved. In the end of the ordeal, I'm happy and made whole. Pictures below for references and my sexy MR2.

Thanks for sharing your story!


Does BCAA not care about the MSRP or how much you bought your car for Vs the new outgoing model that's on the dealer's lot? Even if both car are the same trim?

Reason I'm asking is, Mazda increased their MSRP for their 4th gen Mazda 3.

Comparing the same trim, Mazda 3 GX Hatchback with automatic trans, The MSRP and also the price that I paid for my car are both definitely cheaper compared to the 2019/2020 that dealers sell on their lot. So I wonder how things will play out.

Did your 2019 F150 cost more compared to the 2017?

Did BCAA not care and just told you to go to any dealer and grab one that's optioned the same as your 2017?
anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 07:49 PM   #9
I STILL don't get it
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Van
Posts: 459
Thanked 279 Times in 95 Posts
How this this work? When does the coverage end as the car will eventually be old? What if the car model is no longer available? Or there is a new generation?
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 10:31 PM   #10
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: surrey
Posts: 2,362
Thanked 4,301 Times in 839 Posts
^ It's only available for newer vehicles and there is a premium for it
vitaminG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:08 AM   #11
Boost Lee
 
1BADMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: With the living
Posts: 304
Thanked 748 Times in 109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFU_wmc View Post
So which aftermarket items did they cover?
They covered the appearance modifications and common things (window tint, Raptor Grille and tailgate applique, floor mats, mudflaps, etc.) and 50% of the cost for the 3M clear bra on the front of my old F150. They would not cover the wheel spacers, CAI, exhaust mods, suspension mods (in my case the rear Bilstein shocks), paint sealant or engine tuner with tunes so I removed all these and reinstalled the stock tune and installed them on my new F150.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiety View Post
Thanks for sharing your story!


Does BCAA not care about the MSRP or how much you bought your car for Vs the new outgoing model that's on the dealer's lot? Even if both car are the same trim?

Reason I'm asking is, Mazda increased their MSRP for their 4th gen Mazda 3.

Comparing the same trim, Mazda 3 GX Hatchback with automatic trans, The MSRP and also the price that I paid for my car are both definitely cheaper compared to the 2019/2020 that dealers sell on their lot. So I wonder how things will play out.

Did your 2019 F150 cost more compared to the 2017?

Did BCAA not care and just told you to go to any dealer and grab one that's optioned the same as your 2017?
I had to get the dealership involved once I picked out the new F150 because the price was higher on the 2019 F150 but BCAA policy says they will pay the price difference (inflation) as long as its the same optioned vehicle.
***be careful with this part when dealing with any insurance company because if the dealership(s) does not have the same optioned vehicle on the lot, the insurance company will try to "suggest" that you take a lesser optioned vehicle on the lot but with BCAA, you/they have 90 days to provide the vehicle. In my case the 2019 F150 had extra options because Ford added it to the package so win for me!

BCAA sent me a price and the options spreadsheet of my 2017 F150 and the 2019 F150 and said it was acceptable. They also required both VIN's. BCAA paid for the tax but not the luxury tax(??). I fought with them on this but they would not move on it and the dealership helped me out with this. BC is the only province that has the luxury tax (another tax grab) and the BCAA adjusters are in Ontario. I was offered different optional insurance with Replacement Vehicle that would pay everything and only take a couple of days to get sorted out but it was $1600 a year!!!! So BCAA is cheaper but more BS involved.
1BADMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2019, 07:11 AM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,071
Thanked 444 Times in 139 Posts
The value of the coverage is only when you are close to a write off situation. The chances of that happening statistically are low.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2019, 09:43 AM   #13
Rs has made me the woman i am today!
 
IMASA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,460
Thanked 1,278 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
The value of the coverage is only when you are close to a write off situation. The chances of that happening statistically are low.
But if the car is not written off, is there any value regarding New Car Replacement Coverage repairing your vehicle with new OEM parts, rather than 3rd party aftermarket parts?

Say you had a MB and you needed a new headlight, I'm assuming with the coverage, the repair shop will be authorized to install a brand new MB part vs some 3rd party aftermarket part or junk yard salvaged part.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2019, 10:43 AM   #14
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
BIC_BAWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: revscene
Posts: 2,624
Thanked 2,686 Times in 896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
The value of the coverage is only when you are close to a write off situation. The chances of that happening statistically are low.
This is also true. I bought my 2015 Civic Touring in July 2015. I put NVR+ on it. 6 months later, I was in a 5 car accident (I was car #3). While the damage didn't seem that bad, because it was a new car, the damages racked up to about 13K. Still not enough to write off the car unfortunately.
__________________
|| 02 E46 330ci | M-Tech II | Black Cube | Shadowline | Stoff Laser/Anthrazit ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:00 PM   #15
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 242
Thanked 420 Times in 66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADMR2 View Post
They covered the appearance modifications and common things (window tint, Raptor Grille and tailgate applique, floor mats, mudflaps, etc.) and 50% of the cost for the 3M clear bra on the front of my old F150. They would not cover the wheel spacers, CAI, exhaust mods, suspension mods (in my case the rear Bilstein shocks), paint sealant or engine tuner with tunes so I removed all these and reinstalled the stock tune and installed them on my new F150.



I had to get the dealership involved once I picked out the new F150 because the price was higher on the 2019 F150 but BCAA policy says they will pay the price difference (inflation) as long as its the same optioned vehicle.
***be careful with this part when dealing with any insurance company because if the dealership(s) does not have the same optioned vehicle on the lot, the insurance company will try to "suggest" that you take a lesser optioned vehicle on the lot but with BCAA, you/they have 90 days to provide the vehicle. In my case the 2019 F150 had extra options because Ford added it to the package so win for me!

BCAA sent me a price and the options spreadsheet of my 2017 F150 and the 2019 F150 and said it was acceptable. They also required both VIN's. BCAA paid for the tax but not the luxury tax(??). I fought with them on this but they would not move on it and the dealership helped me out with this. BC is the only province that has the luxury tax (another tax grab) and the BCAA adjusters are in Ontario. I was offered different optional insurance with Replacement Vehicle that would pay everything and only take a couple of days to get sorted out but it was $1600 a year!!!! So BCAA is cheaper but more BS involved.
Thanks for the info, that's good to hear despite the back and forth which is what I expected and I don't mind it at all.

When you say same optioned, you mean it's the same trim right?

Like the F150, the 2019 Mazda 3 GX hatchback has more features than the 2018 despite being the same trim. This is also the base model so BCAA cannot tell me to take a less optioned car lol unless they tell me to get the manual or sedan version which are both cheaper.

I just checked the MSRP and the final OTD door without any discounts, the difference between what I have (2018) vs the 2019 model is around $1600 which is actually less than I expected ($25,780 vs $27350)

I was thinking more about how much I paid ($21,000) compared to the 2019 model without any discount. Does BCAA care about how much you paid for it?

looks like will be a win for me if I get a 2019/2020 replacement car because I paid so little, but new models have their problems too, one major thing is torsion beam rear end.

Last edited by anxiety; 11-14-2019 at 09:08 PM.
anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #16
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 242
Thanked 420 Times in 66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
This is also true. I bought my 2015 Civic Touring in July 2015. I put NVR+ on it. 6 months later, I was in a 5 car accident (I was car #3). While the damage didn't seem that bad, because it was a new car, the damages racked up to about 13K. Still not enough to write off the car unfortunately.
Jesus how much was your car? Over $30k?

The replacement plus will claim the car as total loss if the damage cost is 50% or more of the car's value.

So do they just use the car's brand new MSRP and divide that by 2?

But looks like they used the car's OTD price divided by 2 in your case because there is no way a fully loaded civic's MSRP is over 30k.

edit: do you remember if the shops specifically mentioned that they used OEM parts to repair your car? One of the features in the NVR.

Last edited by anxiety; 11-14-2019 at 09:11 PM.
anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:07 PM   #17
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 242
Thanked 420 Times in 66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASA View Post
But if the car is not written off, is there any value regarding New Car Replacement Coverage repairing your vehicle with new OEM parts, rather than 3rd party aftermarket parts?

Say you had a MB and you needed a new headlight, I'm assuming with the coverage, the repair shop will be authorized to install a brand new MB part vs some 3rd party aftermarket part or junk yard salvaged part.
Yes I was reading that part too like they specifically mentioned they will use OEM parts to repair your car if the car is not deemed a total loss, so I guess if you don't have this coverage, a shop will use aftermarket part as long as it passes ICBC's test.

I guess a good thing then.
anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:07 PM   #18
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,071
Thanked 444 Times in 139 Posts
yes one part of the coverage is the use of OEM replacement parts but once you get into the high end multi beam LED headlights there are no aftermarket alternatives.

The higher the base value of the car the harder it is to get the value out of the coverage. It would need to be one hell of a hit to reach the write off threshold.

I would get it just based on the fact that your car is only new once but few people actually get the value out of the coverage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASA View Post
But if the car is not written off, is there any value regarding New Car Replacement Coverage repairing your vehicle with new OEM parts, rather than 3rd party aftermarket parts?

Say you had a MB and you needed a new headlight, I'm assuming with the coverage, the repair shop will be authorized to install a brand new MB part vs some 3rd party aftermarket part or junk yard salvaged part.
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:55 PM   #19
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum
 
BIC_BAWS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: revscene
Posts: 2,624
Thanked 2,686 Times in 896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiety View Post
Jesus how much was your car? Over $30k?

The replacement plus will claim the car as total loss if the damage cost is 50% or more of the car's value.

So do they just use the car's brand new MSRP and divide that by 2?

But looks like they used the car's OTD price divided by 2 in your case because there is no way a fully loaded civic's MSRP is over 30k.

edit: do you remember if the shops specifically mentioned that they used OEM parts to repair your car? One of the features in the NVR.
Uh I think it was MSRP 28 or 29K. FWIW, 10th gen Civic (2016-Present)is like 32K iirc.

I'm not sure how they did it because I was quite adamant that they should have written off the car - based on value. No frame damage, replaced with OEM parts (I had to specify this with the shop). They replaced the exhaust system (probably just the muffler and assoc. bits), front bumper, front grille, and rear bumper.

Fortunately, I didn't have to use NVR+ again, but even if I did, I wouldn't know if my insurance is still active. I'm pretty sure I purchased it for an "x" period of time for "y" distance driven. But I wasn't sure - I'm still not sure if it's a one time use type of thing.

Aside from mental trauma (scared to drive on knight bridge during rush hour / not a fan of driving in rush hour on the hwy), I had it pretty good compared to the other two cars behind me. The front two cars had it pretty easy too.

Pictures attached (low quality due to Tapatalk).

Spoiler!


Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
__________________
|| 02 E46 330ci | M-Tech II | Black Cube | Shadowline | Stoff Laser/Anthrazit ||
BIC_BAWS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 01:08 AM   #20
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 242
Thanked 420 Times in 66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIC_BAWS View Post
Uh I think it was MSRP 28 or 29K. FWIW, 10th gen Civic (2016-Present)is like 32K iirc.

I'm not sure how they did it because I was quite adamant that they should have written off the car - based on value. No frame damage, replaced with OEM parts (I had to specify this with the shop). They replaced the exhaust system (probably just the muffler and assoc. bits), front bumper, front grille, and rear bumper.

Fortunately, I didn't have to use NVR+ again, but even if I did, I wouldn't know if my insurance is still active. I'm pretty sure I purchased it for an "x" period of time for "y" distance driven. But I wasn't sure - I'm still not sure if it's a one time use type of thing.

Aside from mental trauma (scared to drive on knight bridge during rush hour / not a fan of driving in rush hour on the hwy), I had it pretty good compared to the other two cars behind me. The front two cars had it pretty easy too.

Pictures attached (low quality due to Tapatalk).

Spoiler!


Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Dang that's rough...glad you are okay physically.

No frame damage may had played a part in it not being written off...

Same as you, I fear that I may get rear ended, but I need to drive during traffic hours still, commute on knight bridge and hwy 91 regularly, I have seen tons of rear end accidents... easily avoidable... I just try to put my emergency light on as quickly as possible to alert car behind me when the traffic comes to a halt. So far never had a rear end, fingers crossed... hopefully I don't jinx it...
anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 06:48 AM   #21
Boost Lee
 
1BADMR2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: With the living
Posts: 304
Thanked 748 Times in 109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiety View Post
Thanks for the info, that's good to hear despite the back and forth which is what I expected and I don't mind it at all.

When you say same optioned, you mean it's the same trim right?

Like the F150, the 2019 Mazda 3 GX hatchback has more features than the 2018 despite being the same trim. This is also the base model so BCAA cannot tell me to take a less optioned car lol unless they tell me to get the manual or sedan version which are both cheaper.

I just checked the MSRP and the final OTD door without any discounts, the difference between what I have (2018) vs the 2019 model is around $1600 which is actually less than I expected ($25,780 vs $27350)

I was thinking more about how much I paid ($21,000) compared to the 2019 model without any discount. Does BCAA care about how much you paid for it?

looks like will be a win for me if I get a 2019/2020 replacement car because I paid so little, but new models have their problems too, one major thing is torsion beam rear end.
Yes same trim level and options so in my situation it was Lariat (trim level) with the 502A option package, Special Edition option package, etc, etc. The BCAA adjuster wanted to know how much I paid for the 2017 F150 and wanted a copy of the bill of sale. He wanted a breakdown on rebates and how much cash I paid for it. In the end the 2019 F150 was about $2900 more expensive than the 2017 F150.
1BADMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:20 PM   #22
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 242
Thanked 420 Times in 66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADMR2 View Post
Yes same trim level and options so in my situation it was Lariat (trim level) with the 502A option package, Special Edition option package, etc, etc. The BCAA adjuster wanted to know how much I paid for the 2017 F150 and wanted a copy of the bill of sale. He wanted a breakdown on rebates and how much cash I paid for it. In the end the 2019 F150 was about $2900 more expensive than the 2017 F150.
Oh wow the adjuster asked for the price you paid for it?

$2900 must be the MSRP or the OTD price difference without taking the discounts that you paid in cash into account.

That must be easily $5000 or maybe even $10k plus difference between what you paid in cash and the dealer's OTD price without discount.

I'm glad they gave you the same trim in the end...which is what's stated in their policy. But I can definitely understand if they gave you a hard time because the difference in $ is significant
anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:42 PM   #23
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 242
Thanked 420 Times in 66 Posts
Thanks for the info about replacement cost plus everyone, I renewed my insurance today with all the optional insurance with BCAA

replacement plus at BCAA - $260

collision with $1000 deductible - $665

comprehensive with $300 deductible -$205

3rd party liability at 2mil - $285


Biggest difference were replacement cost plus and 3rd part liability. If I were to get these with ICBC, it would had cost me $691 and $804 from what the broker quoted me from another insurance agency.

Compared to ICBC, In total I saved $1158 because I have BCAA discount. If I didn't get the replacement cost plus, I would still save $614 for the year which is worth it.
anxiety is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net