REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-23-2019, 06:22 PM   #26
I bringith the lowerballerith

I have an update. My car took a turn for the worse, I was at a drive thru with the defroster on MAX for a couple minutes, I noticed a hint of the coolant smell, then I saw that the service engine light came on and then I noticed that the engine temp was on highest it could be.

I parked it at the nearest street and left it there overnight. But it feels like the damage has been done, the service engine light is still on and the engine has a deep vibration(not that strong but can feel vibration on my gear stick when i normally couldnt) and it kinda makes a quiet squeaking noise as the engine 'cycles' like a squeaky shopping cart.

I'm getting it checked out on friday but it seems like I found the initial cause of problem. The radiator fan is not working and I think that was the cause of my initial problem of this post when one of the hose blew.

If you go back to my other thread I recently replaced my radiator fan control module with an aftermarket one that the dealership installed. I think it never worked after it got installed. The question is, is it my fault for providing a possibly dud control module or is it the dealership fault for not checking that it even worked or installed it wrong? How should I go about bringing this up?
Advertisement
geeknerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 07:16 PM   #27
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I would say its on you for supplying them with a faulty aftermarket part. it is usually not advised to bring your own parts for repairs.
A shop typically only covers a faulty part if they supplied it for you.

At this point, there is no way for anyone to know if it worked when it left the shop and failed shortly after.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:20 PM   #28
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,597 Times in 4,323 Posts
Why not bypass the module and see if the fan works?

Did you just get the leak fixed? Are you sure you buried the cooling system, thoroughly?

If the CEL is in, what's the code?

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 08:43 PM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,095 Times in 1,272 Posts
I'm surprised the dealer allowed you to supply the parts.

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2019, 12:45 PM   #30

I'm not 100% sure but radiator fan aint spinning when i turn on the car and I didnt hear the it either when the engine temp was on high. The reason i had it replaced was because the rad fan was running 100% all the time and the dealership said it was the module. It is my understanding when a module fails, it bypasses automatically so it runs 100%, don't know why it didnt in my case?

All this is assuming its the fan module, maybe the dealership did fuckup my cooling system.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:35 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
I'm surprised the dealer allowed you to supply the parts.
i think its cuz my cars so old 12years, that they are okay with it. Even they were planning to use aftermarket parts when I was going to replace my brake system.

Got an update from the dealer and the radiator fan is running just fine, they cant figure out what caused the problem but the car is now fine except for the timing belt squealing which started after the car overheated.

I googled timing belt squealing and the first result is water pump pulley could be failing and cause engine to overheat.

The dealership did confirm the timing belt is squealing but did not mention anything about water pump, maybe i will bring it up with them tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2019, 07:50 PM   #32
RS Veteran

Thanked 11,036 Times in 4,522 Posts
Water pump squealing could be a sign of the water pump bearings going bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
The other option is to find a hot young girlfriend so you're suddenly motivated to get into shape.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:46 PM   #33

Update, its the chain thats squealing but they said its not connected to the water pump. They can't seem to recreate the engine overheating, they ran it in the shop couple hours, did a hard 30minute drive test, etc. They blasted the AC, everything. They said everything works and problem cant be recreated.

They also said the chain squealing only happens when the car is cold so its not a 'problem'. But I know it only became an issue/problem after the engine overheated so I am going to push them a little further on that tomorrow. (theyve already had the car for 2 days so they can continue testing it.

They don't know what to test for anymore and so do I. The only thing I can think of is if the fan module is faulty and only stops working once in a while but even then I would think a fan module failure would kick in the bypass protocol and run it on max which was the reason i had the fan module replaced anyway.