REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 02-17-2020, 10:29 AM   #1
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Are there any Nissan sales guys here?

My parents are looking to get a brand new or nearly new Frontier Pro 4X, they're in Coquitlam but anywhere in the GVRD should work if someonecan get them a bit of a deal. If Nissan has big sale events sometimes they might wait a little bit for that but they're most likely buying within the next couple months.

They may trade in one (or both, is that a thing?) of their existing vehicles if the offer on it is fair, I can PM the rough details.
Advertisement
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 01:09 PM   #2
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
deal with Comox Valley Nissan.

I took my business to the island for a no pressure no hassle all negotiations on email / phone.

CVN pays for return ferry and picks you up from ferry.
If you have trade in they will pay for your trip to island.

Great experience. Upfront guys. No BS.
If you want the name & number PM me.

I will never buy a car from GVRD again. Will always go to island.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2020, 10:47 AM   #3
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Years ago, I bought my Frontier from North Van Infinity & Nissan. It wasn't too difficult to get the deal I wanted. I always walk from a dealer and then complete the sale over the phone; gives me the opportunity to stew them if needed.

I did pay for the use of carcostcanada at the time, which is supposed to show any manufacturer to dealer incentives that some dealers do not pass along to customers. Sure enough, Nissan was kicking back $5g per truck at the time (more for the Titan, as they were trying to build that brand).
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2020, 11:40 AM   #4
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I used car cost canada to find out the cost of the exact vehicle I was looking for with all the options I wanted. It will figure out any rebates and what not you're eligible for, you take that and you add a fair markup on to it for the dealership and use that to negotiate. Let them know I'll pay this plus tax, I'm not paying a penny more and you can do whatever you want with those doc fees but I'm not paying that bullshit either.

I reached out to 4 dealerships, contacted sales manager direct. I let them know I was serious, if they can do my number I'll buy the vehicle ASAP.

Three out of the Four said no they wouldn't do it, one said they'd do it and we did the deal. I hate the whole sales process but I will never negotiate a vehicle in person ever again it's all a combination of phone and email. The phone is a great way to introduce yourself and let them know you're serious ask them for their email and let them you'll be sending an offer they can take it or leave it. I bought my truck, my wife's car and my last motorcycle this way.

Always remember you have all the power, they either want to make the sale or they don't. Do not be desperate and be willing to walk if your deal is reasonable and they aren't willing to do it. I even negotiated my trade in site unseen, just sent them some photos and said I want X for my trade that's part of the deal.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2020, 12:19 PM   #5
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,725 Times in 893 Posts
What is this car cost Canada? I've never heard of this. Is it even worth it to trade in? I was trying to sell my dad's car few years back when it was only about 5 years old still under warranty and I was getting stupid low balls like $8000 when it was worth like $20000 private. even now a days dealers offer me like $500-800 for my cars worth $5000.
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:52 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDreams View Post
What is this car cost Canada? I've never heard of this. Is it even worth it to trade in? I was trying to sell my dad's car few years back when it was only about 5 years old still under warranty and I was getting stupid low balls like $8000 when it was worth like $20000 private. even now a days dealers offer me like $500-800 for my cars worth $5000.
Go to the website, I think you can use it once for free then after that you pay for X amount of searches. You can plug in a new vehicle, all the options you're looking at and it will give you the price the dealership pays.

Trades are a bit tougher, they don't want your used vehicle really and if they take it they need to make a profit so you have to be willing to take less than market on that end but realize whatever you get trade lowers the taxes you pay on the buy end.

That said sometimes they can be ridiculous, if that's the case just sell it privately. I've never had an issue selling I always price it slightly below market and it goes quick.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
Old 02-18-2020, 07:08 PM   #7
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
There's also Unhaggle.com (or was it.ca)

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-18-2020, 07:37 PM   #8

The offer the main dealer made on my dads G35 was laughable. 2007, 160k, two owner, dealer serviced its entire life and the dealer that has been servicing it the last 4 years offered a "preferred trade in rate" of $2500. I told them for that kind of money I'd buy it off them for more.

I see unhaggle and carcostcanada want my phone number to send me a code. Has anyone had issues with them selling off your number?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 02-18-2020, 10:53 PM   #9
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,101 Times in 351 Posts
With all due respect, is there a reason they want to pay brand new money for a Frontier?

it is one of the most dated platforms I have come across in my years of appraising vehicles. Terribly slow to sell.

As a financial decision, a Tacoma regardless of the entry price, will always be a better overall financial decision when factoring in resale value and overall cost of ownership.

As for the other things discussed:

- You won't find many Nissan salespeople. They typically move on to other brands once they learn how to sell.

- Carcostcanada may have invoice information, however, they shop their leads to whatever dealer will pay the most for the leads.

- Customers who call the sales manager or general manager directly will generally get a worse deal than dealing with a salesperson. Some people become obsessed with feeling important. Keep in mind, sales managers and general managers have to worry about keeping the lights on, paying the lot staff, and the countless other bills that go into running a store. A salesperson is only concerned about their sticker and hitting bonuses. Funny how people perceive that they get the best deal by dealing with the most important person.

Anyways, seriously take my Tacoma advice. I have spent years in the industry and at auctions. Frontiers are duds. Tacomas are absolute gold.

Good luck!

Kev
Old 02-19-2020, 06:48 AM   #10
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
- Customers who call the sales manager or general manager directly will generally get a worse deal than dealing with a salesperson. Some people become obsessed with feeling important. Keep in mind, sales managers and general managers have to worry about keeping the lights on, paying the lot staff, and the countless other bills that go into running a store. A salesperson is only concerned about their sticker and hitting bonuses. Funny how people perceive that they get the best deal by dealing with the most important person.

Kev
Can you explain why dealing with a manager directly is a bad idea?

Ultimately the manager gets the say on whether or not the deal can be made, the salesman just running between the customer and the manager bouncing numbers back and forth.

I can see the salesman could persuade both parties into closing the deal, but what's stopping the manager from saying "sorry Bill, tell your customer his/her numbers aren't gonna work".
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 07:28 AM   #11

Quote:
With all due respect, is there a reason they want to pay brand new money for a Frontier?

it is one of the most dated platforms I have come across in my years of appraising vehicles. Terribly slow to sell.

As a financial decision, a Tacoma regardless of the entry price, will always be a better overall financial decision when factoring in resale value and overall cost of ownership.

As for the other things discussed:

- You won't find many Nissan salespeople. They typically move on to other brands once they learn how to sell.

- Carcostcanada may have invoice information, however, they shop their leads to whatever dealer will pay the most for the leads.

Anyways, seriously take my Tacoma advice. I have spent years in the industry and at auctions. Frontiers are duds. Tacomas are absolute gold.

Good luck!

Kev
I wouldn't use Car Cost to find a dealer or negotiate for me I only use it to get the invoice price and then find my own dealers and negotiate myself. Typically I'd find the vehicle I want on a lot, enter in the exact options it has and start there, I take that price and I add on what I think is a fair markup. I do realize that dealerships need to turn a profit I try and include what I think is fair on the back end for them, some dealerships might agree some might not it all comes down to how much are they willing to bend to make the deal.

That said I'm not an expert in the auto industry all I know is on my last 3 deals I've only paid slightly above invoice and a lot less than ask so I'm happy with that. I wasn't aware of the sales manager thing though, next time I'll try dealing with only the sales team maybe I can work a better deal.

I do think everyone should do their own due diligence and find a deal that works for them.

Last edited by quasi; 02-19-2020 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-19-2020, 12:45 PM   #12

Quote:

Which means it doesn't come with all the electronic garbage they don't want. Touch screens suck, especially in a moving vehicle. Lane departure systems, fancy keys, nav, all that stuff adds complication and price but no actual value to them.

Quote:
They keep vehicles 10+ years so resale value doesn't matter much. They want a 4 door, automatic, short bed with a rear locker and roof rails. From my understanding to get that in a Taco you have to buy the TRD Pro which is $54k (missing the roof rails and ugly as sin). A Frontier PRO-4X is $36k (less than a base model Tacoma). That's $18k or 50% more for the Tacoma. They get the same fuel economy so I'm struggling to see how that could possibly be a better financial decision because they definitely won't get an extra $18k + tax + interest when they sell it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-19-2020, 04:54 PM   #13
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

I'd imagine they could get a decent deal on last year's model, considering this year has the updated and much more powerful engine.
moova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 06:05 PM   #14
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,725 Times in 893 Posts
Are you paying straight Cash or finance? I've been noticing some financing rates close to 5% on a new car and I'm like wtf
JDMDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:09 PM   #15
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,586 Times in 4,318 Posts
Bypass the tranny cooler, integrated in the rad. Run an independent cooler. The rads notoriously fail and contaminate the ATF, wiping out the tranny.

If you look at used ones, a lot of them will have rebuilt trannies and/or aftermarket coolers, for this reason.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:15 AM   #16
Meet on the Level and Part on the Square

Thanked 2,093 Times in 669 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliptuner View Post
Bypass the tranny cooler, integrated in the rad. Run an independent cooler. The rads notoriously fail and contaminate the ATF, wiping out the tranny.

If you look at used ones, a lot of them will have rebuilt trannies and/or aftermarket coolers, for this reason.
They fixed their crappy rads in 2010, so that is a decade old stigma sticking around.

If your parents are wanting the truck for 10+ years, the Frontier is a good option. I bought mine new in 2007 and it was going to be 'for only 10 years', but the thing just keeps taking a beating and it has always gotten me home. Overall, it was an excellent value and my wife loves it - so it is going to maybe stick around for another 10.

The Tacomas have had their fair share is glitches over the years, whereas the Frontier has ironed them out and used a platform that works.
Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-21-2020, 11:30 AM   #17

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
They keep vehicles 10+ years so resale value doesn't matter much.
It still matters if the vehicle is involved in a major insurance claim.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote