REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics (https://www.revscene.net/forums/computer-tech-gaming-electronics_32/)
-   -   Corona STAY AT HOME! - what game(s) are you playing to fill your time? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/716837-corona-stay-home-what-game-s-you-playing-fill-your-time.html)

Acura604 03-23-2020 09:13 AM

Corona STAY AT HOME! - what game(s) are you playing to fill your time?

SO far.. i'll be going back into the following:

1. Diablo 3: I didnt' finish that 1st expansion yet
2. Wow : double XP! till April 20th
3. Doom Eternal : brand new game that runs so damn smooth on my 3yr old gaming laptop
4. Sims4 with all expansions : blah, my kid loves it
5. iOS : World of Tanks Blitz

https://i.imgur.com/fuTR0gX.jpg

FN-2199 03-23-2020 09:29 AM

Just bought Borderlands 3. It's on sale on GMG for $35!

roastpuff 03-23-2020 09:33 AM

Play Escape From Tarkov, hone your scavenging and survival skills.

Spectre_Cdn 03-23-2020 10:12 AM

Just more Dota than usual.

eLy604 03-23-2020 10:38 AM

i've been playing a lot of CoD:Warzone at the moment.
add my battle net if ya'll wanna squad

ely604#11757

Hondaracer 03-23-2020 10:52 AM

playing WoW Classic

I'm playing on an austrailian server though because i got back into it to play with friends from AUS. If anyone interested in getting back into it im playong on the Yojamba server i beleive

TjAlmeida 03-23-2020 11:02 AM

How are wow servers with everything going on? Last I played was a while ago and the server populations were dwindling.

Otherwise I enjoy most of the Total War franchise, mainly Warhammer 2. Haven’t tried Three kingdoms yet. Also play FIFA and Madden, mostly just career modes though.

Vancouver240sx 03-23-2020 11:30 AM

iRacing yallllll

Rich

underscore 03-23-2020 12:42 PM

I have a huge backlog of games to putter through but PUBG and Warzone are the main ones I'm playing with friends right now. I'm only playing Warzone to socialize though, as soon as COVID clears up I'm back to boycotting the assholes at Blizzard.

ilovebacon 03-23-2020 12:53 PM

just bought a ps4

nabs 03-23-2020 01:19 PM

NBA 2k20

waiting for FF7 Remake release. Hopefully not postponed.

Bender Unit 03-23-2020 01:46 PM

Animal Crossing: New Horizon

SkinnyPupp 03-23-2020 01:52 PM

I started off playing a lot of Hades, until a bit into endgame where it started to get repetitive. I am going to leave it alone until the next big update (it's still in pre-release)

Now I'm playing Animal Crossing. Looking for an action title to back that up though. Have a ton installed, just need one to hook me in. I did buy the XCOM 2 expansion when it was on sale.

My Switch code is in the Switch thread if anyone wants to check out my island. It's still pretty fresh though, I do have some pear trees

UnknownJinX 03-23-2020 01:54 PM

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
Kirby Star Allies
I might get a PS4 and a racing game. Any racing game people can recommend that will help with real life tracking?

SkinnyPupp 03-23-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnknownJinX (Post 8979472)
Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
Kirby Star Allies
I might get a PS4 and a racing game. Any racing game people can recommend that will help with real life tracking?

If you like racing games, get an XBOX and Forza. All the Forza games are on Game Pass ($5 a month)

If you have a good gaming PC, you can skip the XBOX.

MarkyMark 03-23-2020 06:05 PM

Been playing Spiderman for PS4 and it's been pretty good so far. Going to try and platinum it since the trophies for it aren't nearly as annoying as most games.

Ch28 03-23-2020 08:03 PM

Watchdogs 2 because I upgraded to a brand new PC

Koflach 03-23-2020 08:28 PM

Borderlands 3 and I just picked up MLB the Show '19 for my son and I to play together. He's going through baseball withdrawl as his season was scheduled to start in about 2 weeks. I figured this would be good for him to help remember situational awareness that the game can highlight.

GLOW 03-24-2020 07:23 AM

let my kids open up their bday present early which was a switch. as a result i played d3 as this one had the necro class (it didn't on ps3). finished it and kind of lazy to complete season questsion for gear so i picked up overwatch as i never played it. waiting for a microsd card as i ran out of space :lol

it really is for them, i play at night :lol

can someone explain to me what is the with the popularity with animal crossing? is it some open world kid farm game that everyone loves? i don't get it :confused:

Spoon 03-24-2020 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOW (Post 8979586)
can someone explain to me what is the with the popularity with animal crossing? is it some open world kid farm game that everyone loves? i don't get it :confused:

It's one of those love it or hate it games. My wife enjoyed it back when it was on the GameCube and DS and now we got the Switch version. Sometimes I wonder to myself, if you enjoy repetitive mundane chores, why don't you just go wash the dishes ... :rukidding:

Hondaracer 03-24-2020 09:35 AM

Lol!

Yea I don’t get it I was kind of curious and then I watched some YouTube videos

At least like harvest moon or star dew valley are mostly resource or farming based, animal crossing is just doing chores lol

GLOW 03-24-2020 10:15 AM

it's like the episode of the simpsons where the kids refused to do house chores, then at some fair they're playing VR games vaccuuming and mowing the lawn :lol

BIC_BAWS 03-24-2020 01:42 PM

Playing Warzone, CS:GO, and Siege on PC. But playing Real Racing 3 (cause i miss track LOL) and COD Mobile on phone

SkinnyPupp 03-24-2020 02:14 PM

If you think about it, all tasks in video games are mundane. Click this to get that to happen, in a certain order. The key is the progression. What happens when you achieve these tasks? You get access to new ones. In action games, you get access to new weapons and stuff like that. In Animal Crossing, you get new visual items like furniture and stuff. In shitty mobile games, you get nothing but see larger numbers appear on the screen than before. That's the stuff I don't get.

underscore 03-24-2020 02:44 PM

^ unless the game actually has a story, then the actions progress that story. Stuff like The Last of Us, the Uncharted series, Battlefield Bad Company & Bad Company 2, Call of Duty 4, Heavenly Sword, etc have very interesting storylines.