REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-11-2021, 02:45 PM   #276
Ebisu Boss

Thanked 1,889 Times in 705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzNightmare View Post
I thought only women cared about that...
Or maybe Asian parents who want to show off and invite all their friends who you have never seen in your life.
Yes I'll admit, 90% of it was to make my wife happy so I don't regret it at all. I always tell people that our wedding was amazing but I would never do it again.

Leading up to the day and the actual day was physically and mentally exhausting.
Planning all the logistics, cake, food, seating, rides, etc ...

Getting up at 5am, between the ceremony, photos, reception all I had was a bagel, coffee and a Red Bull until 7pm.
So our laptop (yes with the cringey life photos and the playlist ) got stolen the night before so it was a mad scramble to get shit done. I asked my friend who luckily made a backup to get a new one to us before the reception.

Keep in mind I had to try and keep all this a secret from my wife as I didn't want to stress her out on the big day.

Since the music playlist on the laptop was gone, that same morning I loaded songs into my iPad to use for the ceremony but when it was time to walk down the aisle the iPad auto-locked and my friend who was supposed to hit play didn't know the passcode... so last ditch effort he just plugged in his phone and looked up a Spotify playlist ... however since the A/V room was all the way in the back he couldn't hear what song he was playing on his phone. I think he just searched "wedding songs" ... and so while we were walking down the aisle the speakers were blasting EDM (unce unce unce unce) hahaha that was embarrassing but thinking back it was kinda epic.

Lots of other stuff happened as well (forgetting her dress, etc) but I won't go into detail, think Hangover movie but less extreme ... good times lol
Advertisement
Obsideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:16 PM   #277
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
my X was the MC for her friend's wedding. Her 'friend' is more like a casual friend.

Honestly, if you don't talk/meet/ get together to your friend at least once a quarter... your friend ain't your friend.

I hard bailed and said no to going to a wedding which
a) paying $200 since she's your friend.
b) I sit around people who i don't know
c) I eat food that are fooking ridiculous and gay ass.

Why wouldn't I just order pizza + beer and watch sports for 2 hrs, or eat a fooking tomahawk at the keg instead.

She was pissed.

I gave up on weddings. Please do NOT invite me. one yr, when everyone who I knew invited me, I had 12-14 weddings that yr.

Now i just make up excuses. I see people with email invites. NOPE. not going.
When you send me a card, i just say no. If I don't know your last name or have only met your wife once.. nope.. ain't going.

If i have never hung out with your and your wife / had a beer or two. nope.. not going.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:25 PM   #278
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,814 Times in 8,189 Posts
I dunno, hanging out drinking at a table with other people in the same situation can be fun sometimes. I'm still in touch with completely random people I've met at weddings.

Or you could end up with a table of antisocial nerds who don't drink or talk.. that's happened too. It all depends I guess - use your discretion based on the personalities of the bride or groom?
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:16 AM   #279
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,420 Times in 5,101 Posts
Yah man weddings are a blast, where else can you go to a party where everyone is dressed up for $100 and often its all you can drink... fuck the food, I have a seafood allergy and can't eat 9/10 of the dishes at your typical Asian wedding... but you make it all back on the booze... get drunk and dance the night away... shit when I was single I went to a wedding of a guy I knew, but not super well... never even met his wife before... but there were cool people at the table and between the drinks and dancing, ended up making out with 2 of the bridesmaids in the photobooth and dating 1 of them after for awhile. Best $100 ever spent???

But hey, you do you
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-13-2021, 03:11 AM   #280
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsideon View Post
Yes I'll admit, 90% of it was to make my wife happy so I don't regret it at all. I always tell people that our wedding was amazing but I would never do it again.

Leading up to the day and the actual day was physically and mentally exhausting.
Planning all the logistics, cake, food, seating, rides, etc ...

Getting up at 5am, between the ceremony, photos, reception all I had was a bagel, coffee and a Red Bull until 7pm.
So our laptop (yes with the cringey life photos and the playlist ) got stolen the night before so it was a mad scramble to get shit done. I asked my friend who luckily made a backup to get a new one to us before the reception.

Keep in mind I had to try and keep all this a secret from my wife as I didn't want to stress her out on the big day.

Since the music playlist on the laptop was gone, that same morning I loaded songs into my iPad to use for the ceremony but when it was time to walk down the aisle the iPad auto-locked and my friend who was supposed to hit play didn't know the passcode... so last ditch effort he just plugged in his phone and looked up a Spotify playlist ... however since the A/V room was all the way in the back he couldn't hear what song he was playing on his phone. I think he just searched "wedding songs" ... and so while we were walking down the aisle the speakers were blasting EDM (unce unce unce unce) hahaha that was embarrassing but thinking back it was kinda epic.

Lots of other stuff happened as well (forgetting her dress, etc) but I won't go into detail, think Hangover movie but less extreme ... good times lol
Best. Wedding. Ever.

I had to take a nap between the Ceremony and the Reception.
And by the end of the night, needed to be carried out.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 05:01 PM   #281
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
At this point, all I can do is laugh ................. applied in early August of 2019.

Quote:
Dear Trusted Traveler Program Applicant,

The Vancouver CBP Trusted Traveler Programs Enrollment Center for Global Entry, NEXUS, and FAST will remain closed until further notice. All appointments scheduled between October 4, 2021 and November 1, 2021 have been cancelled. Those affected may reschedule their appointments once the Enrollment Center re-opens. Applicants are encouraged to monitor their e-mail and Trusted Traveler Programs account for additional information and/or updates. CBP’s highest priority is to ensure everyone’s health, safety, and security. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please note** Current members have received an extension of their benefits for an additional 24 months, if the renewal application was made prior to expiry. Applicants that have received their conditional approval will now have 730 days to complete the enrollment process.

The Vancouver Int'l Airport is an Enrollment on Arrival (EoA) port, if you are conditionally approved for GLOBAL ENTRY and travelling to the United States, you are able to request an enrollment interview when entering the U.S. Preclearance area (not the enrollment center).

Thank you,

Vancouver Enrollment Center

Thank you,

Kevin Pistone
Chief CBP Officer
Vancouver Preclearance
United States Customs and Border Protection
Department of Homeland Security

Vancouver International Airport | Richmond, BC Canada V7B 0A4 | Office 604.278.7422 x3104| Cell 202.957.5620|Fax 604.278.4203
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2021, 01:42 AM   #282
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
LOL. Thread bumped from Jan 2021, at first, I thought this was the coronavirus discussion thread.

I was like, wtf happened to all the posts??
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:47 AM   #283
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilaznviper View Post
my wedding was suppose to happen in Aug but we had to move it since our venue didn't know if they were able to open during that time. we moved it to this year summer so hopefully we are able to host the wedding.
In the meantime we did a small wedding on our original date.

Even if it doesn't turn back to normal, we will still host it at our original venue and hope they are open.
Wait........... you got married?

If so, congratulations.................

Was just looking back a few pages to see how the topic of weddings crept into this thread.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-26-2021, 07:08 PM   #284
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
yea got married. had to postpone the dinner part again til next year since this year was during the lockdown again and border was still closed, so family couldn't come
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-28-2021, 02:38 AM   #285
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
A couple of close friends of mine got married. It would have been a blast under normal circumstances, but I wasn't even able to attend the one that happened last year. Just a small gathering for the one this year. Initially they were planning to do an official ceremony later, but at this point, the pandemic has been dragged on for so long, I'm not sure if they will bother anymore.

Both of them are pregnant and having kids soon. They have other things to deal with and money locked in to higher priorities.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 09:23 AM   #286
My homepage has been set to RS

Ugghhhh. Let's not talk about weddings. My sister-in-law was supposed to get married in Maui last year. Got delayed to October this year. Of course, got delayed again. It was supposed to be my wife and I's honeymoon trip as well since we haven't had one yet.

We are going to Tofino next week instead of Maui. If I close my eyes, I'm sure I won't be able to tell the difference.
Liquid_o2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:43 PM   #287

I'm planning for proposal next 2 months and tying the knot next yr.
i want to get this done asap and don't care about 200 people coming.

I'm actually eager to cut down as much as possible. I gotta host a wedding in TO and Van. HK i can just chill and have dinner but I ain't flying back to quaratine for 2 weeks in a hotel.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:30 PM   #288
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
WTF. Invite everyone. Host one wedding. I fully support eloping.
Old 10-01-2021, 12:03 PM   #289
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_o2 View Post
Ugghhhh. Let's not talk about weddings. My sister-in-law was supposed to get married in Maui last year. Got delayed to October this year. Of course, got delayed again. It was supposed to be my wife and I's honeymoon trip as well since we haven't had one yet.

We are going to Tofino next week instead of Maui. If I close my eyes, I'm sure I won't be able to tell the difference.
i'm going to maui next thursday night
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 08:44 AM   #290
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Do people still really plan to have big dinner reception weddings going forward? Even vaccinated and whatnot for 2022, still feel a bit of discomfort having say even 100 people in a dinner setting inside.

Seems like its best to have a summer outdoor ceremony/outdoor finger food type reception with drinks is more ideal?
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-02-2021, 08:53 AM   #291
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Just went to a 150 person wedding in Toronto, they tried to say masks on when not at your table but that didn’t last long

Felt fantastic. Some semblance or normalcy. They checked vaccine status at the door and everyone had to be fully vaccinated

Both ceremony and dinner inside. I was in the wedding party and the wedding party did not have to wear masks for any of the ceremony etc.
Old 10-02-2021, 09:40 AM   #292
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
i'm going to maui next thursday night
hope you already reserved all your dine outs
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 11:27 PM   #293
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
Hawaii sounds Busy AF since they've rebooted tourism.... is it going insane now???

YVR has being packed to the Brim during the summer!!!
Old 10-04-2021, 02:46 PM   #294
Rs has made me the man i am today!

because of this pandemic, I got married this May 2021 instead of last year Aug 2020.

I was one of the lucky ones that got my full deposit back at Riverway Golf Course. I heard other couples had to eat their deposits at other venues.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:37 PM   #295
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
congrats!

my venue won't give us deposit back but we were able to keep changing the date. Next year will be the last time and if restrictions are still in place i'll just use it to take some wedding photos since my deposit with the photographer is also non refundable...
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 08:46 PM   #296

HOLY F, talk about a shit show wedding

1) booked a golf course; 4 weeks out. All happy go lucky. BAM. Vaccine passport needed. Turns out ONE side of the family are anti - Vaxx.... GAME OVER.

2) Fine.. their friend who was also wedding officiant had 1 arce at their backyard. So... diverted towards back yard with 2 weeks to go.

3) Final week... Wedding Officiant entire family was tested positive. BAM.....

4) Had to host at their own backyard... One side of the family got WAY too big and kept on asking friends to come over. Had to lay the hammer down and say direct family only. Which changed to just direct family so the wedding wasn't only 10 people.

All in all, after 10 PM; the family left and 2nd wave of friends came and danced till late night.

So... cause it was a wedding and one side is anti-vaxxed, they can't go on honey moon, they can't go for dinner, and they can't stay at a hotel. Hey.. as long as they got each other right?
Old 10-05-2021, 09:36 PM   #297
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Why can't they do the honeymoon/dinner/stay at a hotel? Is the bride or groom antivax? Sounded like it was just one-side's family but not them(bride or groom).

Also if it was either bride or groom, finding that out and still proceeding with the wedding? *slow clap*
Old 10-05-2021, 11:10 PM   #298
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,420 Times in 5,101 Posts
I'm not a religious man, but I feel like someone was trying to tell him or her something.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: