REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Miscellaneous Tech & Tools

Miscellaneous Tech & Tools THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Got an ATV or snowmobile you need to fix? Or are you wondering what the hell a crowfoot socket is for? Come on in and ask away!

Old 04-17-2020, 05:48 AM   #1
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
Gardening Tools

With the way things are these days, I've been finding myself in the backyard more often. I hate spiders, creepy crawlers and insects in general, but I'm overcoming those fears little by little. I cover myself up pretty good. The last thing I need is Lyme Disease to go with Corona, gulolol.

Anyway, it's pruning time. Okay, was............ I'm a little late. Anyhow some tools I got last year that I finally got to try out.

https://www.arscorporation.jp/produc...ex.html?id=274

This is by far the best of the best of the best, as far as pruners go. I purchased it on Amazon. Shipped from Japan. I had this massive rose bush that had been neglected for ten years? It's in the corner of the property that is not visited by anybody. The branches were anywhere from 1/2 inch to 1-1/2 inches thick. This puppy cut through most of it like a hot knife through butter. I have half a dozen pruners from cheap to fairly expensive, including German and Swiss made pruners. The ARS outperformed them all. I know Felco's are very popular here (Swiss company), but the ARS pruner is as good or better. The pruner is like the "god hand" of the garden world. You really have to be careful with the blade being so sharp on these pruners. I mean really, really sharp.

Check out the full line of ARS gardening tools

https://www.arscorporation.jp/index.html

It's nice to have katana quality cutting tools for the garden. The only issue with ARS, is it is very hard to find. eBay or Amazon, or specialty wholesalers, like the Gardeners Co-op on Slocan near 26th Avenue? (not open to public).

I recently purchased a lopper made by ARS to cut branches off trees. Not disappointed with the purchase whatsoever. So smooth and effortless. It's so good I want to go into the neighbour's backyard to cut.............yeah, maybe not.

https://www.arscorporation.jp/produc...ex.html?id=138
Advertisement
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-10-2020, 04:28 AM   #2
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
It's Mothers Day. Best gift for someone who gardens. It's a little scary for the elderly, as they may cut themselves accidentally. This tool is very, very sharp. I consider it a weapon, it's so sharp. The Hori Hori tool is a multitool used for cutting through roots and unwanted weeds. It has a serrated edge on one side and a straight edge on the other. It is slightly concave (or convex, looking at it from the opposite side). It also has depth markings so you can use it to plant bulbs and seeds at the desired depth. This particular model is made of stainless steel and hardwood. Made in Japan by Nisaku. High quality, very useful weapon, I mean, tool. It even comes with a nice sheath. I have two of these. One for the garden and one for the car. In case I need to cut some weeds on the side of the road. Did I mention it is very easy to clean? All kidding aside, it comes in handy. I use it as a quick and dirty lawn edging tool at the cemetery. The cemetery my wife is at is privately owned and there's very little maintenance required, but Mountain View Cemetery, not so much. Public cemeteries are so............. what can you say?

If you want it today, it's not too late. They have these at Lee Valley Tools. Give them a few hours to get the order ready for curbside pickup.

Anyway.............

https://www.leevalley.com/en-ca/shop...ori-hori-knife
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.

Last edited by MG1; 05-10-2020 at 04:45 AM.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote