REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-16-2020, 05:50 PM   #51
in the butt

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,180 Posts
**Driving one hand with holding a camera in hand though... @.@

Tell me more about how 75% of this forum texts and drives
Advertisement

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 08:06 AM   #52
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special K View Post
My S3 buying experience:

1. Openroad Audi Richmond - They said they don’t usually let people do test drives. It makes our car worth less by putting mileage on it. When I actually got a test drive, it was around the block without even going onto the highway.

2. Audi Downtown - Sales guy said do whatever I need. Just bring him back in one piece.

I bought from Audi Downtown.
My S4 experience

Richmond Audi told me no test drives. Probably cause 90% of their clients are from China and I didnt look like I could afford it and he probably thought I was looking to joyride the car.

Went to Capilano Audi off hockey teammate recommendation and tested their dedicated demo S4. Although the salesman came with he said do whatever you want. We were gone almost an hour and he was like " definitely one of the best test drives I've been on".

No brainer who I bought from
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-18-2020, 08:48 AM   #53
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !LittleDragon View Post
I bought a $65k Hyundai without testing it... but I already knew what I wanted when I went to buy it.
what if the seats kill your back and the visibility is next to non-existent
and for family cars with young kids please bring your car seats to try first
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 09:16 AM   #54
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

When I bought my Camaro, I didn't really go on a test drive because it's cold out, but I did sit in the car to make sure the visibility is fine for me and get a feeling for the interior.

I would say it's more important to drive a used car to see if it has any mechanical issues. New cars have warranties so it's not a huge concern. Of course, if you are not sure if a car is fast enough for you, might also be good to test drive. In my case, I test drove a used C7 and so I have an idea what a Camaro SS will feel like accelerating.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:42 PM   #55
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
When I bought my Camaro, I didn't really go on a test drive because it's cold out, but I did sit in the car to make sure the visibility is fine for me and get a feeling for the interior.

I would say it's more important to drive a used car to see if it has any mechanical issues. New cars have warranties so it's not a huge concern. Of course, if you are not sure if a car is fast enough for you, might also be good to test drive. In my case, I test drove a used C7 and so I have an idea what a Camaro SS will feel like accelerating.
When I went to Dueck on Marine, the original salesman didn't let me drive it and said I had to buy the car first. I ended up contacting a diff salesman from the same dealership who a service guy (friend of a friend) recommended. His manager said he had to be there for the test drive and they took me around a shitty block in the area. I knew I wanted the car before sitting in it but since it was a demo unit I felt it was right to test it.

Needless to say the other salesman got my money and I beat two other potential clients to the punch as well. One of which knew the same manager who was on the test drive. The salesman said it's basically them judging my age thinking I'm same punk looking for joy rides and kicking tires.
spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 02:32 PM   #56
"They call me Bowser...RawR!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
what if the seats kill your back and the visibility is next to non-existent
and for family cars with young kids please bring your car seats to try first
I sat in it at the auto show. A car in that class, it's highly unlikely the seats are uncomfortable with all the ways they can be adjusted. Even if it's comfy during a test drive, it may not affect your back until 6 months later or 3 hours into a road trip.
Old 05-19-2020, 09:22 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartan268 View Post
When I went to Dueck on Marine, the original salesman didn't let me drive it and said I had to buy the car first. I ended up contacting a diff salesman from the same dealership who a service guy (friend of a friend) recommended. His manager said he had to be there for the test drive and they took me around a shitty block in the area. I knew I wanted the car before sitting in it but since it was a demo unit I felt it was right to test it.

Needless to say the other salesman got my money and I beat two other potential clients to the punch as well. One of which knew the same manager who was on the test drive. The salesman said it's basically them judging my age thinking I'm same punk looking for joy rides and kicking tires.
When I was buying my used C7, the salesman said he could tell I wasn't a tire kicker because I was asking the right questions(like if there are accidents, mods and how much tread is left on the tires). Obviously, with a new car like my Camaro, these questions make no sense so yeah, it's probably harder for dealers to tell if you are a tire kicker unless you are willing to put down a deposit.

(And yes, I ended up buying both cars... Long story, might start its own thread on it)
Old 05-19-2020, 09:47 PM   #58
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 5,613 Times in 1,255 Posts
From my experience, if you give someone a good test drive and let them do whatever they want (as long as they aren't trying to kill you or anyone else) and let them drive the car a reasonable distance away from the dealership the chances of them buying from you increase's dramatically. I had numerous be-back customers that shopped me and decided to come back just because of the test drive and presentation experience. Some were even offered a lower price at other dealers but decided to buy from me.
donjalapeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:38 PM   #59
FB6
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
My S4 experience

Richmond Audi told me no test drives. Probably cause 90% of their clients are from China and I didnt look like I could afford it and he probably thought I was looking to joyride the car.

Went to Capilano Audi off hockey teammate recommendation and tested their dedicated demo S4. Although the salesman came with he said do whatever you want. We were gone almost an hour and he was like " definitely one of the best test drives I've been on".

No brainer who I bought from
5 years ago Richmond Audi let me test drive both the manual and auto S4, was able to take both cars on Hwy 91, maybe they changed the rules now.
FB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 06:30 AM   #60
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB6 View Post
5 years ago Richmond Audi let me test drive both the manual and auto S4, was able to take both cars on Hwy 91, maybe they changed the rules now.
This was in 2014. Salesman look like he could care less if I was there. He never gave me a reason even though I asked why. He was just flat out no on certain models.
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:26 PM   #61
private modder

Thanked 2,645 Times in 739 Posts
Before I buy, an extended test drive is mandatory. Most importantly, so you can take the car home and see how easy/tricky it would be to park in your driveway or garage.

My wife and I had ours for the whole day, so we got to run a few errands too and could see what it's like loading stuff in the back, navigating busy parking lots, etc. Makes a big difference to if we choose to buy or not.

Mind you, we aren't talking about luxury German sports sedans, just a grocery-getter SUV.
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:59 PM   #62
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
it depends on the vehicle

if there’s a 10 month waitlist like the silly rav4 hybrid they probably tell you to take a hike
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:03 AM   #63
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Maybe I just look old now... In 2018, we were looking for a SUV. Both Audi and BMW let me test drive the Q5, SQ5, X3 and X5 alone. I even had time to test fit my toddler’s giant car seat so I can decide which car fits best.
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 12:23 AM   #64
nma
#RVG

I would say it probably depends on what the sales guy thinks / how serious you are.. I've driven every single car I purchased, from my first 1 series, M2, Macan, GT4.. M2 / GT4 the sales guy came with me on the drive drive, but let me go alone with a friend right after. If you're a serious buyer and not an idiot they are more than willing to let you drive the car.. I would never buy otherwise (unless it was some special car that I had to pre-order and spec myself or it was super rare / brand new and they had nothing similar available)
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-21-2020, 09:44 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma View Post
I would say it probably depends on what the sales guy thinks / how serious you are.. I've driven every single car I purchased, from my first 1 series, M2, Macan, GT4.. M2 / GT4 the sales guy came with me on the drive drive, but let me go alone with a friend right after. If you're a serious buyer and not an idiot they are more than willing to let you drive the car.. I would never buy otherwise (unless it was some special car that I had to pre-order and spec myself or it was super rare / brand new and they had nothing similar available)
That's true, though if you are willing to put down a deposit, that should usually show that you are serious enough.