REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 05-31-2020, 08:26 PM   #1
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

hand car wash

What's the best place in vancouver/richmond for hand car wash now? Used to go to sensha-ya but reviews are saying the attention to detail and level of service is lacking now
Advertisement
LanEvoMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:40 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,388 Posts
Must it be a hand car wash? None of the touchless washes I've been to (Husky or Mobil) have ever given me any issues, on any of the cars I've owned.

I trust an automated touchless wash much more than an improper hand wash where quick turnaround is prioritized above quality.
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 09:47 PM   #3
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I find that the touchless automatic washes don't clean well enough, often there are still streak marks left in certain areas
LanEvoMR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 05-31-2020, 10:22 PM   #4
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
forgive me I haven’t been to one here
how does it work: you go get a coffee while they work?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:44 AM   #5
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
how about in burnaby or Burquitlam area?

Shine auto wash is OK. it leaves streaks...

The one in Metro Parking lot charges you rates by looking at your face. I drive a small car and they deemed it a small suv and wanted $40. Sensha-Ya was $25.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:36 AM   #6
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,021 Posts
Senshaya has gone downhill. I went with our X3 after a Kelowna trip. I actually already ran the car through an automatic car wash before hand and they still didn't clean the car properly.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:39 AM   #7
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Not exactly what you're looking for, but I helped a friend do this recently. An option you can do is to get the car coated (wax and sealent or ceramic) and then just go to Royal Oak self-wash to do a spray down.

If needed, you can top up the coating / spot clean with a quick detailer and Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax.

Alternatively, if it's not terribly soiled, you can get away with using Optimum No Rinse and a microfiber.

Top ups should really only be needed every 6 months / every winter and spring.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 11:05 AM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
For a good quality one Ultra Shine on East 2nd is my first choice if someone is going to lay hands on my car - lots of pre-wash and large mitts in use that seem to be regularly rinsed. Avoid Century Car Wash just down the street from them - they use bristle brushes on the lower half of the car.

If you don't mind springing for a bit more try Tiago Auto Spa but you need to be a customer of theirs already.

Both Brentwood Auto Spa and Burnaby Auto Spa are solid folks as well and are just outside of Vancouver.