REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 07-22-2020, 12:52 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,169 Times in 959 Posts
Got a quote from C-Best that a house would be between $170-200/sf with them plus permits/survey fees. Used this duplex as reference which cost $900k to build: https://www.cbesthomes.com/projects/...rj-tplgw-cnajz

I've seen one of their houses - it's better than the turd I live in (my builder cheaped out on everything) - but their work is nothing special. Pretty spec stuff built to a price.

So at one end it can be as low as $170/sf and at the high end I've gotten a $360/sf quote.

Never heard back from Tyko - years ago they were super cheap ($110/sf in 2015), I imagine they might still be on the lower end
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2020, 11:49 AM   #27
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafamous View Post
Got a quote from C-Best that a house would be between $170-200/sf with them plus permits/survey fees. Used this duplex as reference which cost $900k to build: https://www.cbesthomes.com/projects/...rj-tplgw-cnajz

I've seen one of their houses - it's better than the turd I live in (my builder cheaped out on everything) - but their work is nothing special. Pretty spec stuff built to a price.

So at one end it can be as low as $170/sf and at the high end I've gotten a $360/sf quote.

Never heard back from Tyko - years ago they were super cheap ($110/sf in 2015), I imagine they might still be on the lower end
One of the brother from tyko used to own a company named Pacific gate that siphoned money out of quite a few home owners. A friend of mine had some dealings with tyko and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I would personally stay away from them.
As for pricing wise, you get what you pay for. These sub $300sqft homes are mainly built by a certain demographic and 90% of them are only concerned about their profit margin.

Pm me if you want to know more.
-"--"-
Doubl3_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:29 PM   #28
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubl3_H View Post
One of the brother from tyko used to own a company named Pacific gate that siphoned money out of quite a few home owners. A friend of mine had some dealings with tyko and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I would personally stay away from them.
As for pricing wise, you get what you pay for. These sub $300sqft homes are mainly built by a certain demographic and 90% of them are only concerned about their profit margin.

Pm me if you want to know more.
Does pacific gate not exist anymore? Man I remember 5 years ago I'd see their signs all over my hood. Went by and took a good look at their framing... uhh noo thank you.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 09:14 PM   #29
HELP ME PLS!!!

I think in the future, material prices will sky rocket. I'm having a hard time getting products due to the factories being shut down and everything back ordered. Even wood pricing has gone up since everyone is doing Renos right now.
alex.w *// is offline   Reply With Quote