REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 06-26-2020, 09:55 PM   #1
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Arcade1Up Cabinets

Anyone have one of these?

I modded my Marvel LE with a Raspberry Pi running RetroPie.

Spent a lot of time researching and modding it, but now I have a great scaled down arcade cabinet that can run my favourite games - King of Fighters, Street Fighter, Marvel vs. Capcom series, etc.

It's the Limited Edition version so it came with Sanwa joysticks and buttons. Reminds me of when CHQ was next to T&T at Metro and I was playing Capcom vs. SNK 2 all the time.

Next cabinet I build will be something a bit bigger with a PC inside to run Taito Type X games.

Advertisement
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
At one point, I thought about it, then got the RetroPie and said fuck it, I don't have the real estate or time for this.

Neat nonetheless. I grew up playing arcade games at your typical East Van corner store, so this brings back a lot of memories growing up. Share your pictures!
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 06-27-2020, 09:05 PM   #3
Say! Say! Say!

Pictures of the cabinet fully assembled from the front and sides. The artwork on the Marvel cabinet is amazing, but I think the upcoming X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Marvel vs. Capcom cabinets have better side panel artwork. https://hypebeast.com/2020/6/arcade1...t-announcement

The marquee can light up, but I have it turned off by default as it's a bit too bright. A relay module runs between the power to the marquee and the Pi. The relay module allows me to control power to the marquee via the Pi's GPIO pins using a simple Python script.

The Limited Edition cabinet has Sanwa joysticks and buttons just like the real cabinets. It came stock with bat tops, but I swapped them out with ball tops instead.

The brains of the thing. It's a Raspberry Pi 4B 2GB.

The LCD controller board is mounted behind the monitor as well as the relay module.

Underneath the control panel. The Sanwa buttons have terminals that connect to the USB encoder. This encoder allows everything to function with the Pi.

There are no coin buttons in the stock configuration, so I had to drill two holes in the front then add them in. I used screw-in Sanwa buttons and you can see one of them as they have an orange ring.

Since I wanted to use the stock speakers, I had to install an audio amplifier behind the marquee. A 3.5mm audio cable runs between this and the LCD controller.
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.

Last edited by Razor Ramon HG; 06-27-2020 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:17 AM   #4
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,508 Times in 4,310 Posts
Very cool! Thanks for sharing!
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 06:11 PM   #5
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
nice work!

If they had something along the lines of the original time crisis or virtual on, even a cheap ass like me would be hard to resist lol

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 07:17 PM   #6
Say! Say! Say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
nice work!

If they had something along the lines of the original time crisis or virtual on, even a cheap ass like me would be hard to resist lol
I think this project is for you then. A lot of people are interested in it.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...den-lightgun#/

Works with Raspberry Pi's and RetroPie.

I'll wait and see how it runs after it's released and go from there.
This post thanked by:
Old 06-29-2020, 11:48 AM   #7
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
That's really cool, I always wanted one but never have enough space lol
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote