REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 09-02-2020, 09:36 AM   #1
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Baseboards

I've an old large framed picture that had the screw holding the wire in the back break out causing everything to fall straight down and the corner of the frame landed directly on top of the baseboard and took a rather large chunk of it out in multiple pieces.

The baseboards were already there when I moved in and I've tried looking for the same style but I'm having no luck matching it up. The wall is maybe 3ft long at most but the problem is how do I go about repairing this.. Is the best option to just pull that short piece off and match it as best as possible and always have it stick out like a sore thumb whenever I walk by or to try and use a filler and mold it as best as I can?

Thoughts? Tips?
Advertisement
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #2
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
I’d see where the seams are and see if you can pop off the entire piece

Otherwise you’re going to need a multi tool/oscilating saw or somthing like that to cut out a smaller section. If you are able to pull out a entire section cleanly or if you can cut out a smaller piece I’d then bring the piece to Home Depot, or mouldings and mill work in port kells and they should be able to match it up for you.

Then if you don’t have a brad nailer etc. It gets a little trickier..id probably get some smaller finishing nails and use a hammer gently to at least suck the board into the wall at tight as possible then just caulk the edges and holes and touch up with paint. May have to paint a larger section than what you replaced to make it look decent
Old 09-02-2020, 12:06 PM   #3
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
Cut the perimetre caulking with a knife and pop it off. Find a new piece, fit, paint, install, caulk, paint.

If you can't get a matching profile, cut a section from a less conspicuous wall (ie. closet, behind a bookshelf/couch).

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2020, 12:22 PM   #4
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,316 Times in 5,636 Posts
Yea don’t forget to cut all the caulking against the wall etc or you’ll be repainting a wall as well
Old 09-03-2020, 04:19 AM   #5
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,170 Times in 625 Posts
When you reinstall, if you don't have a brad nailer, use a centre punch to drive the finishing nail heads slightly recessed, then clean up the holes with caulking.
But debt is the money of slaves.
-Norm Franz
welfare is offline   Reply With Quote