REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-24-2020, 05:21 PM   #26
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Back in 2014 or something there was an RS spring meet (the infamous one with diesel trucks ripping up asphalt etc) I had my brand new car parked. I heard some stupid shit so decided to go check. It was some fucking mustang doing donuts in the Spanish banks lot inches from my car (no one else parked next to it) pelting it with rocks and debris. I ran as fast as I could and started screaming at the idiot driver.

Kudos to whatever fucboi it was, he found me in the crowd later and apologized but I was pissed
I remember this meet.

was also my last RS spring meet
Advertisement
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 06:12 PM   #27
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,758 Times in 3,869 Posts
Just drove past to get to the ferry. You could see people standing around and a few modified cars on the Hwy. No shenanigans that I saw tho
Old 10-04-2020, 11:45 PM   #28
VAC Head Rotang Mod

Thanked 1,427 Times in 627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Just drove past to get to the ferry. You could see people standing around and a few modified cars on the Hwy. No shenanigans that I saw tho
what about the group of like 10-15 ppl standing inches from each other in a group pretty much on the highway?

what even is social distancing... and apparently they like to play in traffic lol.

My Feedback (10-0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fei-Ji View Post
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Raid3n is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2020, 09:54 AM   #29
RS Veteran

Thanked 5,024 Times in 1,083 Posts
Last week I was at a local Monday meet in Victoria and lots of high school kids with no distancing at all. Multiple rough housing / play fighting incidents. Cops were called.

1998 Acura Integra Type R #0635
2017 Honda Civic Type R #01818
TouringTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 10:06 AM   #30
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
If they’re in the same cohort at school they don’t even need masks in their classrooms so I could see school aged kids doing this.. again, if they’re in the same cohort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2020, 03:34 PM   #31
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,746 Times in 1,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
It's going to take some convincing to make me believe a bloated barge is good at anything other than hammering down the straights. That may beat other cars at some tracks in overall time but it's not what I would consider interesting to do.

*granted I'm the kind of person that has zero interest in straight line speed in a car. No matter what I've been in I've never found it appealing.
Elon Musk has already said that the run at Laguna Seca is not final. They are aiming for some more fine-tuning. The production model of the Model S Plaid is supposed to shave another 3sec off that time... beating every production car to ever run at Laguna Seca.

Not only it's a 4-door sedan. It's a full car with all the seats, rings and bells.

The only thing gas-powered cars still have advantage is on final speed, where 400km/hr has been broken by many cars. But just wait for the Tesla Roadster, which is going to achieve that feat too. Not to mention a theoretical 0-60 closer to 1sec than 2 with its crazy SpaceX package... as the compressed air would overcome physical limit of tire friction.
Old 10-05-2020, 03:52 PM   #32
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hehe View Post
Elon Musk has already said that the run at Laguna Seca is not final. They are aiming for some more fine-tuning. The production model of the Model S Plaid is supposed to shave another 3sec off that time... beating every production car to ever run at Laguna Seca.

Not only it's a 4-door sedan. It's a full car with all the seats, rings and bells.

The only thing gas-powered cars still have advantage is on final speed, where 400km/hr has been broken by many cars. But just wait for the Tesla Roadster, which is going to achieve that feat too. Not to mention a theoretical 0-60 closer to 1sec than 2 with its crazy SpaceX package... as the compressed air would overcome physical limit of tire friction.
It was an unofficial run, it didn't even come close to breaking the official production car record (only for a production 4-door sedan, which is dubious at best given >>>), and it wasn't using a production version of the Model S Plaid.

Musk admitted it used a non-production 3-motor powerplant when the production version is only available with up to 2 motors and no one has been able to verify whether or not the rest of the vehicle was to production specifications.

The McLaren Senna beats it handily as do a number of supercars and high-end sports cars. The 4-door Jaguar Project 8 also beats it (with an official time, albeit not with a production version)

Last edited by Jmac; 10-05-2020 at 03:59 PM.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: