REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #1
private modder

Thanked 2,646 Times in 740 Posts
Intelcom couriers

These guys are the worst.

Here's my latest story of shitty delivery service, one of many.

Received an email at 1:30pm saying my package was delivered. I checked the signature on the email, it definitely wasn't anyone I recognized. It said NA (which I was told later apparently stands for no answer). I wasn't home, but my dad was. Sent him a text (which he didn't see at the time).

But it was 30 mins later, at 2pm, the doorbell rang. My dad opened the door. The guy was already long gone and he left the package on the ground. Didn't wait 30 seconds.

Dad was home the whole time. Intelcom marked it down as no answer and delivered 30 mins before he even arrived at our place.

Screw these guys.
Advertisement
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2020, 04:21 PM   #2
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,169 Times in 1,551 Posts
My day is always made a bit dimmer when I realize my next Amazon shipment is being delivered by those fucking clowns.
Old 09-30-2020, 05:44 PM   #3
Need to Seek Professional Help

these guys are a joke..messed up my one delivery twice and already had a lengthy complaint to amazon...and now i have another one coming from them tomorrow sigh
Sw0op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:13 PM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
These guys have delivered my items bought on eBay. They are lazy fucks. E.g. package would be a flat small envelope, they are so lazy to slide it into the mailbox through the door, but instead just leave it under the door mat...
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:18 PM   #5
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,904 Times in 751 Posts
I had never even heard of this courier company until I came home about 5 mins ago and saw a package left in our building's mail room that was supposed to have been delivered to another address entirely. Sucks for the package owner.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:21 PM   #6
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
I guess mileage may vary, but my service improved when Amazon switched to Intelcom for Victoria. I've never had a single issue at all with them. Compared to Dynamex who actually delivered a $400 package of mine to a house on a different street.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-30-2020, 07:39 PM   #7
Need to Seek Professional Help

i do like their 3 hour delivery email that they give you...pretty much an indication that your package wont be there for AT LEAST another 3 hours despite the email saying delivery within 3 hours...wish i had known about this sooner!

why they send this email to you when youre like the 70th person down the list is beyond me...like they expect the driver to deliver a package every 2.5 minutes
Sw0op is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:51 PM   #8
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
My amazon orders have mostly been delivered by intelcom and I've never had a problem, I have had my neighbours packages sometimes left at my door by mistake though, usually the delivery man will realize his mistake and come n get the package before I need to drop it off for them

I have found that their tracking system is atrocious and have learned to ignore it
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 07:59 PM   #9
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
They probably signed up to some insane service levels with Amazon to win the business/contract, and give zero fucks about customer service and accuracy, hence the shit they pulled.

Just remember that your delivery guy/girl may be getting paid peanuts, or this company hired anyone and their dog to get the job done, as long as they met Amazon's agreed service levels. I would encourage you guys to submit your experiences to Amazon.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:22 PM   #10
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,321 Times in 5,639 Posts
The result of using contractors.
Old 09-30-2020, 08:33 PM   #11
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
All my parcels from Amazon go to my Flex Delivery address. Canada Post. I've never had to deal with these people mentioned in this thread. The delivery address is at the Shoppers Drug Mart Post Office. Sometimes, I get a "this item is not deliverable to this address," message. I then look for pick up locations. Guess what? One of their pick up locations is the same fucking post office. Anyway, I have Amazon Prime, so maybe that makes a difference?

Damn, these guy sound horrible.

The beauty with the Flex Delivery Address, is I can go any day to pick up the order 9:00 am to 9:00 pm on weekdays. Parcels rarely get damaged. No letter carriers involved. Sign up is free.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/per...sem_pdn_ap_109
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 08:55 PM   #12
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
I'm not sure if intelcom works the same way as amazon delivery in the states, where it's basically uber, but for Amazon, u sign up to amazons delivery service in an app, and go to the depot to pickup packages to deliver

So consistency would be an issue
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:06 PM   #13
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
The result of using contractors.
Are you limiting this to your personal experience and throwing this out there as a catch-all that all contractors provide poor service?

When managed properly, contractors can do far better than any in-sourced operation, task, or project.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:22 PM   #14
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,530 Times in 1,518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
All my parcels from Amazon go to my Flex Delivery address. Canada Post. I've never had to deal with these people mentioned in this thread. The delivery address is at the Shoppers Drug Mart Post Office. Sometimes, I get a "this item is not deliverable to this address," message. I then look for pick up locations. Guess what? One of their pick up locations is the same fucking post office. Anyway, I have Amazon Prime, so maybe that makes a difference?

Damn, these guy sound horrible.

The beauty with the Flex Delivery Address, is I can go any day to pick up the order 9:00 am to 9:00 pm on weekdays. Parcels rarely get damaged. No letter carriers involved. Sign up is free.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/per...sem_pdn_ap_109
This is because when you ship to a flex delivery, the packages are handled by Canada Post not Amazon. So some things will either take longer to deliver or not deliver at all, if those items aren't able to be shipped by CP. It likely has something to do with their fulfillment centers, where the stock is, and their internal procedures.

I stopped using flex delivery cause if you needed something same day, it's pretty much impossible.
|| RIP 02 E46 M3 | Carbon Black | 6MT ||
BIC_BAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:35 PM   #15
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,511 Times in 4,903 Posts
Same Day in Covid times?

Anyway, I'm totally happy with the service.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 10:38 PM   #16
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,817 Times in 3,901 Posts
OP, how much did you pay for shipping? Prime monthly so peanuts? or free shipping over 35?

it's like complaining about soggy burger at McDonalds or long return line at Walmart...Amazon is the face of corporate america these days

half or most of my packages have NA as signature but they take a photo of my door

there's a pandemic going on right now, dont count on physical contact and a guy waiting at the door when their delivery volume exploded in recent months

Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
saw a package left in our building's mail room that was supposed to have been delivered to another address entirely.
happened dozens of time for letters from canada post, wonder how much more he/she got paid with benefits versus these intelcom workers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I would encourage you guys to submit your experiences to Amazon.
my many experiences with reps from say Bangladesh usually goes nowhere

Last edited by twitchyzero; 09-30-2020 at 10:45 PM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2020, 07:43 AM   #17
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
Haven't personally had an Intelcom delivery yet, but Purolator consistently delivers my packages to my Townhouse neighbour as opposed to my Apartment number since we have the same unit number. With the Amazon delivery drivers at least they get the delivery note correct.
Old 10-01-2020, 09:00 AM   #18
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,377 Times in 1,228 Posts
All Amazon delivery contractors are a complete crapshoot. Is this thread really necessary? It's not like you have a choice in the matter to avoid one over another.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2020, 09:12 AM   #19
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Quoted from a reddit post

Quote:
Here's a trick. For address line 2, use "PO Box 0"

If you're in apartment 123 you're address will be:

123-1234 Fake Street

PO Box 0

Vancouver, BC

A1B 2C3

Only Canada Post is able to ship to PO boxes and the Amazon system automatically sees "PO Box" in the address and ships it via Canada Post. There's no alternative which means you're not relying on a note in the Amazon system to not use Intelcom.

The postie doing the delivery is smart enough to see that it's just your normal address and will leave it in the mailbox parcel box or will take it to the post office for pickup.

I do this and it's great. You could have it delivered to the post office using the Amazon pickup point feature but doing it this way means that if they can leave it in the mailbox they will.
Haven't tried but someone here might need to.
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 10:20 AM   #20
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I think it depends on the delivery person. Some are lazy af and dont even attempt to deliver. I've had CP people say they attempted to deliver but dont even leave a notice and just drop it at a post office for pickup instead. GF had same experience with Purolator
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2020, 10:38 AM   #21
RS Lurker, I don't post!

Intelcom drivers are treated like shit by their employers so they give literally zero fucks about their jobs. Just look up the reviews for their company.
yoloswager420er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:16 PM   #22
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
most of amazon couriers are crap. They park blocking the road, fire hydrants, facing the wrong way.

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:42 PM   #23
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
It's Canada Post parcel delivery who I dislike the most. I've had them leave the delivery slip without even trying the doorbell. And you have to wait until the next damned day to pick to drive out there to pick it up.

Like, ok I get it for $500 of computer gear yeah I don't mind not leaving it on my doorstep. But when it's $20 of pneumatic tubing, I really don't give a shit if it gets stolen, just give me the option.
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-01-2020, 12:46 PM   #24
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post
It's Canada Post parcel delivery who I dislike the most. I've had them leave the delivery slip without even trying the doorbell. And you have to wait until the next damned day to pick to drive out there to pick it up.

Like, ok I get it for $500 of computer gear yeah I don't mind not leaving it on my doorstep. But when it's $20 of pneumatic tubing, I really don't give a shit if it gets stolen, just give me the option.
💯 this. At least you get a notice slip. I just get an email after for "attempted" delivery. I've also had CP jam our package in our mailbox and we couldn't take it out without ripping the box into small pieces. We live in a condo so they must have opened the full door to all the mailboxes and shoved it in
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 03:09 PM   #25
I don't get it

Thanked 2,127 Times in 204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great68 View Post

there is an option when you go into your tracking to tell them to safe drop it at the door
Coren is offline   Reply With Quote