REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Joe Biden Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/717142-joe-biden-thread.html)

Manic! 01-22-2021 02:45 PM

https://i.redd.it/7v0n198cxxc61.jpg

Hondaracer 01-22-2021 02:54 PM

Mongols that crossed the Alaskan ice bridge from Russia

Manic! 01-22-2021 03:00 PM

What a title makes it look like he represents the Canadian goverement.

Canadian official slams Biden for nixing Keystone XL pipeline as jobs diminish

SkinnyPupp 01-22-2021 03:44 PM

The oil in Alberta could have given Canada centuries wealth and stability, if they'd handled it the same way Norway handled theirs.

Instead, they handled it the greediest, most American way possible, and fucked it up for everyone.

westopher 01-22-2021 05:04 PM

We also gave up as much of the profitability as possible by letting American companies take so much control to weather the storm in Harper era economic downturn. He gets the credit from conservatives for keeping us afloat during that time by selling our future (now present) to foreign companies.

mikemhg 01-23-2021 11:22 AM

^You are Skinny are very correct on this.

Had Canada adopted a more of a nationalistic policy on our oil sector such a Norway, I guarantee you Canadians as a whole would've been far more on board in terms of any additional pipelines, and expansions as well.

Canadians as a whole simply do not support the Keystone pipeline as it has literal no direct benefit to the majority of Canadians, hence why this entire project has been so easy to turf from a political standpoint.

Traum 02-04-2021 03:22 PM

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN2A42RM

Quote:

President Joe Biden on Thursday called China’s America’s most serious competitor, but said the United States is ready to work with China when it is in its interests to do so.

“We will ... take on directly the challenges posed (to) our prosperity, security and democratic values by our most serious competitor, China,” Biden said in a speech during his first visit to the State Department.

“We will confront China’s economic abuses, counter its aggressive course of action to push back China’s attack on human rights, intellectual property and global governance,” he said. “But we’re ready to work with Beijing, when it’s in America’s interest to do so.”
I am not the least bit surprised by Biden labelling China as the US' most serious competitor when he should have straight up called it an "adversary" instead.

How is someone a "competitor" when it goes by a completely different rule set where every last rule is in his favour? China has repeatedly shown that it does not abide by international treaties and requirements that it has signed on -- I'm referring to the many WTO requirements for opening up its market to WTO members here, though of course there are numerous other examples.

The upcoming so-called "dialogue" and "negotiations" are all just gonna be a total waste of time and lost opportunities while China continues to recover from the damage that Trump has inflicted on it, and there will be a price for US and the western world to pay.
FailFish

Traum 02-18-2021 12:21 PM

If you haven't done so already, see and hear for yourself what Biden is saying about Xi's treatment of Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Uyghurs, bearing in mind the Uyghur genocide that is happening right now.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/202...den-town-hall/

Biden's understanding of the Chinese emperor mentality is generally correct, but to brush the treatment of Hong Kong, Taiwan, and esp Uyghurs as different cultural norms is ludicrous. Even when you take into account that Biden is no longer able to clearly and effectively express himself, equating genocide and blatant destruction of freedom to cultural norms is as ridiculous as it can be.

CivicBlues 02-18-2021 01:29 PM

No no cares Traum

mikemhg 02-18-2021 03:45 PM

I agree :lol

Such an odd motivation. Biden's approval ratings are higher in just 1 month, then that of Trump's entire time in office.

He's been in office for as long as it takes a fart to leave your ass, and you're already complaining about his stance on China?

Come on guy :lol

Traum 02-18-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CivicBlues (Post 9018407)
No no cares Traum

And that just proves how people hate Trump because he is Trump, instead of actually being concerned about whether his policies are bad.

westopher 02-18-2021 10:14 PM

I mean, Biden should probably worry about the fuckshow in his own country. I'm not saying that international relations isn't important, but somebody being like "fuck you china" is really far down the list when it comes to the measure of their quality of governance.
You also can't really believe that trumps "hardline stance" on china has anything to do with the well being of his country. He was just pandering to the xenophobia and racism of his fanbase.

underscore 02-19-2021 03:16 PM

Leaders do need to stop tiptoeing around China, but they can only really do that if their own country isn't a total dumpster fire.

westopher 02-19-2021 10:39 PM

There is pretty much only one country in the world right now I can think of that isn't a disaster and that's New Zealand. How many fucks do you think they have given about China in the last year? Probably somewhere hovering around zero.

StylinRed 02-20-2021 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 9018490)
I mean, Biden should probably worry about the fuckshow in his own country. I'm not saying that international relations isn't important, but somebody being like "fuck you china" is really far down the list when it comes to the measure of their quality of governance.
You also can't really believe that trumps "hardline stance" on china has anything to do with the well being of his country. He was just pandering to the xenophobia and racism of his fanbase.

Yet he's negotiated peace in much of the middle East, and not gone to war, a xenophobic panderer would do quite the opposite, and that would also serve americas MO of war

all I'm pointing to is that trumps actions aren't/weren't as clear as dismissing him as a racist bigot, a lot of it wasn't, just the opposite even, his actions were a confusing mess of everything... I guess you could define it as a giant clusterfuck

Teriyaki 02-20-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westopher (Post 9018638)
There is pretty much only one country in the world right now I can think of that isn't a disaster and that's New Zealand. How many fucks do you think they have given about China in the last year? Probably somewhere hovering around zero.

Zero fucks about China. Zero fucks about Covid-19. Boss. Now if only they could be printed on more maps.

SkinnyPupp 02-20-2021 08:10 PM

MG1 02-22-2021 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teriyaki (Post 9018660)
Zero fucks about China. Zero fucks about Covid-19. Boss. Now if only they could be printed on more maps.

LOL @ frenchies........... holding hands like school children 0:46

COVID is scared to be in New Zealand. Kind of like Chuck Norris............. https://www.amazon.com/Chuck-Norris-.../dp/B086C2XH9Z

Bouncing Bettys 02-23-2021 01:52 PM

Bouncing Bettys 02-23-2021 08:10 PM

Don't expect the progressives to push the establishment to the left any time soon:

Manic! 02-24-2021 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys (Post 9019024)

Making fun of a persons disability nice! Bidden has had a stuttering problem all of his life.

Just because a person does not know how to use a computer does not mean they should not be allowed to vote. I have costumers that don't have a computer or refuse to use pay at the pump because they hate new technology. Had a 20 year old girl a few days ago who wanted to put her live savings into a bitcoin ATM he have because the RCMP wanted to verify it. Lucky I stopped it.

If you think stupidity should bar people from voting trump would have never been elected. trump supporter and congress women lauren boebert got her ged one month before running for congress.

Great68 02-24-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys (Post 9019024)

The way he said "I'm eager to hear" sounded like the N word AHAHAHAH that's Sooooo funny. Good one!

Seriously, what are you? 12?

westopher 02-24-2021 11:12 AM

Is only using YouTube videos to communicate considered a speech impediment?

mikemhg 02-24-2021 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great68 (Post 9019125)
The way he said "I'm eager to hear" sounded like the N word AHAHAHAH that's Sooooo funny. Good one!

Seriously, what are you? 12?

This is the current problem in politics. Rightwing folks lap this kind of garbage "gotcha" propaganda videos up.

The juxtaposition between our complaints about Trump in the Trump thread in relation to this one is quite illuminating to that.

Great68 02-24-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemhg (Post 9019136)
This is the current problem in politics. Rightwing folks

I know but come on, this one wasn't even a "gotcha". Anyone who's not a child can hear he did not actually say the N word there.