REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-25-2020, 04:58 PM   #1
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Joe Biden Thread

OK now that Trump's baby rage has pretty much turned to whimpers, I guess we can stop talking about losers and start talking about the new president. We can still make fun of trump in his own thread now that he's just a harmless loser, or at least will soon be.

US politics are fascinating these days, but I understand if people don't even want to talk about it. I get it

One issue that most American progressive voters have is that their only alternative to Republicans and Trump is pretty might a party that is barely left of center (and in most countries they'd be the right wing party lol). I doubt the Biden and Democrats will actually run a progressive cabinet, despite trying to look that way. Obama didn't either, so we shouldn't be surprised.

It's starting to be more apparent as people talk about his cabinet selections. Here we have Jamaal Bowman criticizing right wing picks, and he just gets cut off by CNN

People are talking about the right splitting off into the conservative GOP and then an ultra conservative nationalist party headed by Trump. I speculate if that happens, would the Dems just take advantage of that vote split? Or would someone take the opportunity to push the Greens or another progressive party as a viable option?

Interesting times ahead, kind of scary too
Advertisement
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 05:01 PM   #2
in the butt

Thanked 3,220 Times in 1,183 Posts
"fascinating" and "politics" dont mix

Originally Posted by ilovebacon
Does anyone have a pair of 25 pounds one-inch hole for sale at a reasonable price?

Originally Posted by Badhobz
I saw some bimbo live streaming her coffee order while standing in line. I wanted to slap the phone out of her hand and throw her into the bean grinder
donk. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 05:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by donk. View Post
"fascinating" and "politics" dont mix
They can when you're mostly observing from the outside

Also it's been fascinating to see how things have changed over the years with social media and media in general. Usually not for the better, but in some ways it is. It's so crazy!
Old 11-25-2020, 05:22 PM   #4
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,760 Times in 3,870 Posts
Inb4 the regular people come in to this thread

Old 11-25-2020, 05:51 PM   #5
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Saw Biden’s speech this week and not surprisingly, was less than impressed. He had a tough time with the teleprompter and even had to wipe drool at one point. That said, still better than Trump.

Inb4 Kamala Harris is the first female president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2020, 06:08 PM   #6
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
It's not over yet.

Love how he asks for money in the first 15 seconds.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:48 PM   #7
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Saw Biden’s speech this week and not surprisingly, was less than impressed. He had a tough time with the teleprompter and even had to wipe drool at one point. That said, still better than Trump.

Inb4 Kamala Harris is the first female president.
That thought was in my head before I could even finish reading your sentence.
Biden at his worst would probably be better than Trump at his best.
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:03 PM   #8
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,514 Times in 4,905 Posts
In on page 1.......... of 1.............lol.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:08 PM   #9
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,277 Times in 1,633 Posts
In! Page 1
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 09:35 PM   #10
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Hopefully we can have fewer insane political arguments in this thread.

Page 1!
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-25-2020, 10:32 PM   #11
Performance Moderator

Thanked 15,438 Times in 5,110 Posts
^ Not likely! It’s a nice idea tho

I feel regardless of what happens at least there will be some calm and won’t have to read insane lies every day or someone gaslighting / making you doubt reality... maybe they’ll lie about shit I don’t know about but I can deal with that lol, every government in the USA is going to do that.
68style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:12 AM   #12
:inoutugh:

Thanked 5,833 Times in 1,836 Posts
1st page for the street cred
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-26-2020, 07:26 AM   #13
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
i'm in for a boring next 4 years please
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-26-2020, 10:14 AM   #14
nuggets mod

Thanked 3,799 Times in 981 Posts
In for 4 years of the nightmare inducing cackle of kamala
Old 11-26-2020, 10:15 AM   #15
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Page 1! woot
fishCak3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:40 AM   #16
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,299 Times in 2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
i'm in for a boring next 4 years please
Results are still pending on the runoff election in GA, but I am expecting the GOP to at least pick up 1 seat in Georgia to give themselves a Senate majority -- that seems to be the more likely outcome. So if that was the case, I'd expect 4 years' worth of lame duck presidency out of the Biden-Harris team. And then somewhere along the line, Biden is gonna croak, and then it'd get really "interesting" with Harris as POTUS...

Oh joy~

Last edited by Traum; 11-26-2020 at 10:47 AM.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 10:51 AM   #17
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,495 Times in 1,692 Posts
Page 1!

Who thinks that Biden is gonna fall sleep during one of his meetings as POTUS? Sleepy Joe!
Old 11-26-2020, 12:03 PM   #18
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
RIP cable news ratings. They've had a good 4 year run covering Trump.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:32 PM   #19
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,814 Times in 2,502 Posts
hope things get better...

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 01:29 PM   #20

Maybe SNL can be funny again now that they can do jokes about things other than Trump
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2020, 08:43 AM   #21
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
The thing I'm most curious about is if Biden is going to actually last the four years
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 08:46 AM   #22
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,456 Times in 989 Posts
trump was the oldest sworn in president at age 70, biden will be 78
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-27-2020, 05:04 PM   #23
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Biden legitimately has no business being president. He was nominated by the DNC because he is the absolute definition of the DNC political system cronyism along with Pelosi etc and the only one from that group dumb enough to run for president. The primaries were a farce and waste of money, everyone knew Biden was the chosen one from the beginning. Trump might be an idiot but Washington is definitely a swamp. He's a 78 year old, old man who clearly is advanced in his age, and hardly has any ideas of his own and clearly won't be a good president. He is the figure head that the DNC put forward that they can easily control.

And people only voted for him because he wast Trump. There's probably not too many people in America who voted for Biden for his policies and actually had a reason that didn't involve trump. And the media and social media obviously had an affect on public opinion. It's also hilarious that Harris was brought on as VP for the black and woman vote. After they tore her apart in the primaries for being horrible for blacks when she was AG and prosecuter in California.

So here we are, it will be interesting to see how America likes what they have in 2 years when the "thank God trumps gone" wears off. Biden isn't suddenly the fix for all of America's problems, and trump wasn't all of America's problems either. American divisision is America's problem and the gap between the 2 sides isn't getting closer together.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
Biden legitimately has no business being president. He was nominated by the DNC because he is the absolute definition of the DNC political system cronyism along with Pelosi etc and the only one from that group dumb enough to run for president. The primaries were a farce and waste of money, everyone knew Biden was the chosen one from the beginning. Trump might be an idiot but Washington is definitely a swamp. He's a 78 year old, old man who clearly is advanced in his age, and hardly has any ideas of his own and clearly won't be a good president. He is the figure head that the DNC put forward that they can easily control.

And people only voted for him because he wast Trump. There's probably not too many people in America who voted for Biden for his policies and actually had a reason that didn't involve trump. And the media and social media obviously had an affect on public opinion. It's also hilarious that Harris was brought on as VP for the black and woman vote. After they tore her apart in the primaries for being horrible for blacks when she was AG and prosecuter in California.

So here we are, it will be interesting to see how America likes what they have in 2 years when the "thank God trumps gone" wears off. Biden isn't suddenly the fix for all of America's problems, and trump wasn't all of America's problems either. American divisision is America's problem and the gap between the 2 sides isn't getting closer together.
I agree mostly with what you say, but IMO voting for him "because he wasn't Trump" is a very valid reason. Dems took advantage of that, but in the end you have to blame the people who voted for Trump for putting the country where it is now.
Old 11-27-2020, 06:03 PM   #25
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,575 Times in 1,719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post

Which is exactly why this archaic two party system needs to be laid to rest.

Perhaps Trump will be the catalyst to make that happen by forming some type of ultra-right party. That could open the door to a alternative version of a left-wing party. I'm probably full of shit though, and it'll never happen.

The main detriment of the Democratic party is it's hierarchical structure, in the party you need to "pay your dues" in order to gain leadership, it's not a meritocracy, almost union-like. Obama was an albatross to that because he was such a proficient candidate. To the Republican's credit, they don't buy into that same structure, a newbie like Trump can come in and gain leadership in an extremely quick manner, they care more about who will simply win, for them power is the utmost precedence, and less tenure.

Listen, Biden isn't the best choice, we all know that. Keep in mind it's about his cabinet, and the people he surrounds himself that matter, given his choices thus far, I'm quite confident he'll do a decent job.
mikemhg is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: