REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #51
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,403 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
One thing I've noticed, why does every guy who comes on here to comment in a thread that's warning people about them type in some wierd ass formatting nobody else uses?
Cause the truth only needs one sentence.
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2021, 02:59 PM   #52
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
Wow

I knew the shop’s statement was BS just from the cold beer part, Meme illustrated tonnes of times how hard he is to get a hold of yet he’s always there after work for a drink/chat? I don’t think so. Nevermind if he has that much free time on his hands why didn’t he fix the man’s FX or take so long getting issues resolved?
I think this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted-ef-rex View Post
**just to note , we always always try our best . we appreciate every single job/ customer we get, continue to get to keep us alive for this long , i enjoy doing the work we do and would rather be doing this than anything else in the world ! for the bad customers we have many fantastic customers and love building pretty things ! Having 2 apprentices and now 3 red seal techs , we continue to grow and take lessons from everything that happens good and the bad ! and will always strive to do better , if anyone has hard feelings or needs to talk about anything beer is always in the fridge and my door is always open after work 6pm mon-fri please come on down and talk it out ! in most cases we would love to have you as a customer again....
Exactly demonstrates what I said: Mac is a good salesman, and he will make you think you are buddies, that will lead to you giving him much more freedom than any typical business transaction you will conduct. It means you will give him more freedom with schedule, or budget. It means you will forgive little things when he fucks up. I thought I was forgiving these things because I had someone working on my car that would treat it as their own, and most importantly someone who would back up the work they did. Its the exact same reason I promoted MDA so openly as well.

Its a serious shame that it took me so long to realize this was just Macs way of manipulating his customers and people, and that when shit hits the fan, he wont be there for you at all.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2021, 08:03 PM   #53
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
2021. Still not sure why businesses try to argue with customers on an open forum. You will come out looking worse 99.99% of the time. Handle that shit offline, and then come back and post how it's all been dealt with and everyone is happy.

/shrug
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 05:41 PM   #54
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
2021. Still not sure why businesses try to argue with customers on an open forum. You will come out looking worse 99.99% of the time. Handle that shit offline, and then come back and post how it's all been dealt with and everyone is happy.

/shrug
I think it's clear he has zero intent to fix the problem.

But come down to the shop, and he'll crack open a beer with ya.
Assuming he's there.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2021, 07:47 PM   #55
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,402 Times in 552 Posts
There really is only ONE right way to follow up to things like this and that response was NOT IT.

And that just a simple "Hey, sorry you had a bad experience. We stand by our work but we're also not perfect, bring your *insert product here* and we'll make things right."

What the hell is cracking some beers going to do for a guy with a broken car, LOL.
Teriyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-17-2021, 08:09 PM   #56

Thanked 1,601 Times in 543 Posts
classic RS is current RS.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 11:22 PM   #57
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 6,549 Times in 1,155 Posts
Can we settle this at Race Wars?
artofstance on twitter
Proud member of GRAPE Great Revscene Action Photographers Enthusiasts
--------------------------------------------
2018 Volkswagen Golf R
1999 Mazda Miata *sold*
2005 Mazda 3 *sold*
2002 Volvo S40 *RIP*
1989 Volvo 740 *RIP*
Matsuda is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2021, 04:45 AM   #58
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teriyaki View Post
There really is only ONE right way to follow up to things like this and that response was NOT IT.

And that just a simple "Hey, sorry you had a bad experience. We stand by our work but we're also not perfect, bring your *insert product here* and we'll make things right."

What the hell is cracking some beers going to do for a guy with a broken car, LOL.
I don't think there is any right way to follow up to this, especially on the internet.

The citizens of the Internet (re: Revscene) will want justice and blood regardless of what is said and/or done. Might as well storm MDA's
shop and tear it apart along with Instagram selfies of members walking out with their MIG welder.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 06:33 AM   #59

Thanked 3,735 Times in 955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsuda View Post
Can we settle this at Race Wars?
Not until his ABS is fixed, no.
trollface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2021, 05:50 PM   #60
They let me be a moderator. LOL

Thanked 3,670 Times in 867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
I don't think there is any right way to follow up to this, especially on the internet.

The citizens of the Internet (re: Revscene) will want justice and blood regardless of what is said and/or done. Might as well storm MDA's
shop and tear it apart along with Instagram selfies of members walking out with their MIG welder.
Richmond Subaru.
VIP Autobody.

MDA?

The proper response would be to fix his shit.
RS Camaraderie has shown time and time again, that local shops should NOT get away with shady shit.
SpuGen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2021, 07:34 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollface View Post
Not until his ABS is fixed, no.
Overnight parts from Japan then
BlackV62K2 is offline   Reply With Quote